Status: Active

Once in a Blue Moon, You Find Your Soul Mate. Around Werewolves It Happens More

Unpacking Magic-1-

What the hell am I doing here? I never wanted to move to this stupid town. What makes anyone name a town Forks? Is there a spoon there too?? Sorry for my stupid humor but that is my way of expressing my anger towards my foster mom, Celia. I dumped the box I had been carrying up the steps on my mattress. This would be my room until I left for college, I can't wait.

"Honey come down here, the neighbors are here!" shouted Celia. She was always happy to have guests and visitors. I threw my sheets on the bed and stomped down the steps. A girl about my age or a little older stood there holding an apple pie with her father.

"This is Chief Swan and his daughter, Bella." my mom said sweetly, "Come in." she gestured to the already unpacked living room. Mine's was the only one not livable. I swear she had some sort of unpacking magic.

"Hey, I'm Keira." I smiled. The man nudged his daughter.

"Bella was thinking about showing you around town." the chief started.

"Yeah, well if your up to it." she asked. I didn't know how to label Bella. Her outfit said prep but her attitude was more good ol girl. Yes, I have an annoying habit of labeling people. I think it's a defense mechanism.
,
"Sure. I have nothing else to do." I beamed.

We walked out to her truck, it wasn't the greatest ride but it was functional. I climbed into the passenger side and closed the door with a slam.

"Sorry about that, my mom is very hospitable." I laughed.

"No worry, my dad has been craving a new neighbor." she said airily.

"So what's the deal with this town? No sun or hotties?" I joked. We just got into the main town. It was bigger than I thought. Bella grinned like the cat who ate the canary.

"No, there are. You just have to look for them." she said while pulling into a spot.

"Oh you have a boy toy?" I teased. She gave me a goofy grin.

"Yeah, you could say that."

"OKay, name, age and any brothers?" I interrogated jokingly.

"Haha, His name is Edward and he is 18. And no brothers that are available." she said lightly. We got out of the car and walked into a classic looking diner, chrome door and all.

"Welcome to Pat's Diner. Two?" the old lady with way to much make up asked us, pulling two menus out.

"Actually we're meeting a few friends here." Bella said smoothly. Yay more people! Bella seemed to see them and grabbed my hand. We walked over to a booth with 3 people. A short slender brunette with a cute pixie cut and stunning topaz eyes stood out the most. I don't know she had a different aura to her. The others were normal, a brunette and her boyfriend.

"Hey Bella, who's this?" the blonde asked cheerfully. I slid down to the end of the circular booth and let Bella sit on the end.

"Hey, I'm Keira. Bella's new neighbor." I introduced.

"Angela" the brunette with her hair in a messy pony greeted.

"Mike." her cute guy said.

"And I am the wonderful Alice." the brunette girl exclaimed. I couldn't help but grin at her introduction. She was different. How I know is my little secret or power. Now don't call me a freak, I like the term witch. A good one too. I have like a 6th sense for supernatural people and creatures, the only thing is I don't know exactly what they are unless I consult my handy book of shadows. Its basically a magical go to guide and source for all of the spells I have made. As a witch I can cast spells and see the supernatural side of life, not to mention my active power. I am a technopath and telepathic, that means I can control anything with an electromagnetic field and read minds.

We all ordered lunch and dessert. By the time the food came I felt like I knew these people for ages.

"So your 17 as a junior?" Ben, Ang's guy, asked. I nodded while scarfing down my cheeseburger. Celia is a hardcore vegetarian and there is only a certain amount of tofu and satan a girl can eat.

"Yeah my foster mom wanted to keep me back a year." I added.

"Hey your parents are really your foster aren't they?" Angela asked Alice. Bella looked at Alice as if she would hurt Ang for saying that.

"Yeah, they have always been there for me." Alice said without missing a beat. "Edward is the only one who drives me crazy." she finished with a light punch at Bella.

"Wait your Edward's sister?" I interrupted. She nodded. " How come he isn't here?"

"Camping trip." Bella and Alice said together.

How long had we been out for? 5- 6 hours? Just meeting Bella and her friends made this place seem so much better and fun. Bella and I pulIed up to my house.

"Did you need a ride to school tomorrow?" she offered.

"Nah it okay. I do have my Bug to get me there." I giggled as I jumped out of the truck.

"Okay, see you tomorrow. You should sit with us at lunch!" she called after me. I waved her as she drove off and quietly shut the front door so as not to get in trouble with Celia.

"Where were you?" I heard Celia ask as I was half way up the stairs. I turned around to face her at the bottom of the steps. Her face flashed annoyed and pissed off.

"I was with Bella and some of her friends." I replied. My mother's eyes suddenly lit up with glee.

"So you met friends here?" she said as an ' I told you so way. I shrugged,

"Yeah, there pretty cool people. But there's this one, Alice, she's different." I explained. Celia was a witch too, that was why she was my foster mother. She took me away from and abusive family and raised me as her own fully knowing my abilities before I did. Celia was a good witch who has the power of empathy and growing. Yes, I said growing. She has mother nature type of powers when it comes to plants. Poison Ivy was created after her, well her ex elaborated on her evilness.

"Have you checked the book yet? Maybe she is some sort of demon?" Celia guessed.

"Now that you mention it, she did have a darker aura. And she smelled sickly sweet." I added. "Do you think its anything to worry about? She didn't seem evil, actually she was really welcoming."

"Well if she is supernatural it will be one person to tell our secret to." she shrugged. True. Back in California my best friend, Jubilee knew. She wasn't a witch but I trusted her with my life. Jubilee wasn't exactly mortal either, she was a mutant that could create fireworks out of thin air. It was amazing!

I fell onto my now made bed and crawled under the sheets. It felt so good to lay down after that long day.

"First day of school, honey, wake up." my mom yelled into my door. I must have reset the alarm clock because it didn't go off. I hurried myself to get dressed in my dark wash jean shorts and green tank top.

"Mom I can't find my jacket!" I whined throwing aside books and clothes.

"Its down here."

I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs. My new house was just right for the two of us: two bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room and kitchen. I walked into the kitchen to find it, my favorite jacket. It was a worn in leather jacket that fit my every curve, I think it was my birth-mother's. Celia said the orphanage had it when my mother dropped me off.

"My Love!" I exaggerated as I sat down to eat breakfast. Celia was already eating a bowl of cereal and I had a matching meal in front of me. Drowning the granola cereal in milk was very entertaining and flavorful. "Bye mom." I yelled out the front door.

It didn't take long for me to get to school. I was used to having a fifteen minute drive instead of five. Luckily there was an open spot , bad news was that it was one of the farthest spots from the school. My messenger bag slung over my shoulders as I took the coffee cup off my dark red Volkswagen beetle, my baby. As I walked up to the entrance I felt someone's eyes following me very intently. Scanning the crowd of students a kid on a motor bike stood out. He was glaring at me, wait no more like watching me very intently. I stopped in my tracks and looked him up and down, he was hot. This mystery guy was tall dark and handsome with his tanned skin and very toned muscles. Our eyes locked and it seemed like, I don't even know. It was kinda like the meeting between Romeo and Juliet, but deeper than just a physical attraction.

"Keira!" I heard Alice shout across the lot, it broke my haze with the guy.

"Hey Alice." I beamed. I turned my head back to my mystery man again, He was in a heated discussion with Bella and a guy who I guessed was her boyfriend. "Hey whose that guy over there? The one with the bike?"

Alice looked for who I was talking about and sighed, "That is Jacob Black."

The last week of school was pretty pointless for me, I didn't have to take any exams or anything. The only reason I went to school was to get to know the building, the technology at least. Me being a technopath I needed to know what I was working with, crappy equipment or high end shit. It was in the middle. Homework would be extremely easy to copy, the teachers had the answers stored on the school hard drive. But the one thing that drove me crazy was that hot biker guy. Jacob, that was a nice name. His stunning eyes and longish hair, god I couldn't think of anything else. The lunch bell rang and Alice was at my side almost immediately. It was a good thing I liked her.

Alice jumped next to me, "Hey there girlie! Come sit with us."

I smiled, " Thanks, am I the only junior that gets the attention of the honorable Cullens and Bella?"

"Haha, I guess you heard of our rep." she giggled airily. We walked through the open steel doors and into the already crowded lunch room. I swear everyones eyes were on me and Alice, well at least the guys. I spotted Bella, Angela, Ben and her boyfriend Edward. He seemed to focus on Bella as she smiled and waved us over. I found a seat next to Angela and Bella.

"Hey guys, that Mr. Klein is a basket case. I swear he dropped his marker twenty times and spat on all the kids in the front row." I exaggerated. They all laughed even Edward. That was the first time I'd hear his voice. He didn't come off as a very welcoming guy but he was nice enough, he was good in my book. The only thing that bothered me was he had the same strange aura as Alice, maybe it ran in the family?

"Yeah I remember him. I think he came into class wearing a bathrobe." Ben added with a smirk. I could just imagine what he would look like. For some reason I thought back to Jacob, it was weird, like there was an unseen attraction. I fantasied about what his hands would feel like when he embraced me, and his lips... Suddenly I felt a strange sensation, my body gave an unintentional shudder. Someone was reading my mind. I stared at my untouched sandwich, concentrating on getting this intruder out and me in.

"Who are you?" I demanded silently. I located the source and went in, emotions of total adoration burried my own thoughts.

"How did you get in here?" asked a velvety voice. The man didn't seem that angered but annoyed at my intrusion.

"I get to ask the question, asshole. Why were you in my mind and who are you?" I continued. I felt his smirk.

"I was simply listening to your thoughts to see why your expression looked, well longing." he started," I didn't think you would answer back." His tone was light and care free.

"So your someone in my school? Edward?" I guessed. I snapped out of my reverie when I heard some drop something. Bella's hand hit the lunch table as he let go.

"Ouch." she joked, "That was my bad hand." Edward looked at me in amazement, I stared right back.

"Touché." I heard him whisper in my head.

"So what are you? Warlock, demon?" I concentrated trying to not look stoned.

"Vampire." he said simply. I must have choked on air because Angela hit me on the shoulder.

"Are you okay?" she asked verbally. I was startled by the sudden realization of my surroundings.

"Yeah, sorry I didn't get much sleep last night." I lied. Edward looked down at his full lunch tray.

"You sure you weren't high last night?" Ben chuckled.

"Nah but it feels like I can't get my head out of the gutter." I replied sarcastically.

I couldn't get my thoughts off of my new home, vampires and a weirdly seductive attraction to a stranger. At least my powers could be used with one person in on it, Edward. The down side to his power though was I had to put up a block when around him, not that much of a pain though. I decided to stay after school a bit to talk to the counselor about my courses for next year. I was in there a long time but when I went out to my car, everyone had left. Except the two figures standing by my vehicle.

"Hey," I shrugged as I saw it was Alice and Edward.

"Listen I heard what happened at lunch and..." Alice started unsure of me now. I quickly established my shield so Edward wouldn't read my thoughts.

"You were wondering if I was 'special'?" I gathered. Alice wasn't hard to read, I guess she never came across someone besides her brother with that power.

"Yeah, we have rules about others knowing." Edward informed. He looked paler than usual, but I guess it was because I finally got what the aura was.

"I understand, and I'm a witch." I murmured even though there was no one else in the lot. The pair looked at me funny.

"Really?" Alice asked wired that she's met a witch.

"Let me show you. If you don't mind." I asked. They both nodded, slightly eager to see my power. I smirked as I shut my eyes, the car engine sparked to life. Alice's face lit up as a child who just woke up on Christmas.

"That doesn't prove anything." Edward stated, obviously doubting my abilities.

I raised my eyebrow, "You want more?" Without any permission I turned on the silver Volvo, which I guessed to be Edward's. They looked at it unblinking, as it drove right in-front of me perfectly, blaring my favorite radio station, Z100.

"She's a witch!" Alice's grin confirmed, she gave me a bear hug. From the strength that she grasped me with I guessed she was also a vampire.

"That station is from NYC." he said astonished. I gave my self a pat on the back, metaphorically speaking.

"Technopath." I shrugged. I climbed into my already started car and drove off. Alice and Edward hopped into their's and drove off in a different direction. Vampires in Forks, Washington; this is my kinda town.

I came to a stop light and turned off my radio. Wait till Celia hears this, I thought excitedly. Then a roar of a motorcycle rattled my water bottle in the cup holder, I looked out my window to see who this person was. I froze, it was him. Jacob Black, the guy I couldn't keep my mind off of. He pointed at me then to a diner where Bella took me. I nodded, forgetting everything about vampires and Celia and myself and, well basically everything. I pulled my car into the lot and cut the engine, he was just getting off his bike. My mystery guy was about 6 foot something, dark hair that was cut to be surfer like, very muscular, not to mention hot as HELL and dangerous looking.

"Jacob Black right?" I asked smoothly.

"Yeah, how did you know?" he replied in a deep voice.

I smiled, "Lucky guess."