Status: Active

Once in a Blue Moon, You Find Your Soul Mate. Around Werewolves It Happens More

Would You Like Fries with That? 6

The dampness of the summer reached Forks, sucks for me. It was late and Jacob was already snoring lightly. I was truly falling for him, and fast. The imprinting thing was an infatuation, but time would make us fall in love. I was definitely sure as I closed my eyes.

I was looking in on a room, it was a cheap hotel. The beige curtains were drawn and there were junk food wrappers scattered on the floor. It looked like this person just discovered the delicious taste of potato chips. The water was running in the bathroom. I hope this is just a dream and not like I am spying on this person. The bath water stopped and a girl walked out. She was wrapped in a white towel, hair wet and her eyes the same as mine. It was my sister, Nadia. She was alive.

I was clammy, sweating just knowing she was alive. My breathing was heavy and uneven. Sitting up, I wiped my hair out of my face. Jacob stirred, and opened his eyes. His hand went on my shoulder and down my arm.

"You okay?" he mumbled. I nodded and grabbed his hand and kissed it.

"It was just a dream." I reassured him. Jacob looked at me with a smile and dozed off again. Sam had him teaching Rey the patrol routes so he didn't get much sleep.

~*~*~*~

In the morning my legs were draped over Jacob's hips. Slightly embarrassed, I got up from the bed and started to get dressed.

"Morning to you too." he mumbled. I turned my head to see him propped up on the pillow. I grinned at him.

"Hey, I have to look for a job today. Any ideas?" I asked hopefully.

"I could get you one at the bookstore in my town. There looking for someone." he added. I shook my head, reading wasn't really my thing.

"Nah, I don't think that works." I said, Jacob got up and came behind me to give me one of his bear hugs. I let out a giggle.

"How about working at..." he pondered," Hey you can work at the Drafting Table, with me." Jacob's face lit up, excited. That sounded better than he book store. I would also be with Jacob, that was a plus.

"Sure that sounds good. What will I have to do? Not bring people to there seats right?" I asked with my nose scrunched up. He gave me one of those dorky eskimo kiss. I giggled, making my sides ache.

"No, you won't be a hostess. They need more waitresses. Come on, I'll take you there to meet Jonathan." he said while grabbing my hand.

"Who's he?" I asked while being pulled down the steps. We reached my car and I go into the drivers side.

"My boss. You're driving cause I can't be seen driving this car." he laughed, while messing up my hair.

"Your gonna pay for that." I jokingly shot at him. He stuck his tongue at me as I backed out of the drive way.

In about 15 minutes we pulled into the vacant parking lot of the bar like restaurant. Jacob got out of his side and met me on the front of the car. We walked through the door and the man who I supposed to be Johnathan was sitting at the bar, reading the newspaper.

"Hey Jacob. Who's this?" he asked kindly. Jacob's boss was the stereotype of all bosses, chubby and balding.

"This is Keira. She was here to fill in that spot Jenna left." he told the man, "She's pregnant."

"Well do you have any waitresing experience?" the boss asked me.

"Yeah, I worked in a Chili's in California." I told him, making good eyecontact. I knew everything there is to know about making a good impression.

"Well that sounds good. When can you start?" he asked cheerfully.

"Can she start tonight, with me?" Jacob asked hopefully.

"Sure why not. Hope you like it here." my new boss welcomed as he worked on his books again. Jacob and I walked into the back. It was 1 pm. I guess I slept in a little later than I thought. The kitchen was surprisingly cleaner than the last place I worked.

"Hey guys this is the newbie." jacob introduced me to the cooks. Now here was an interesting group of people. There were three cooks there and a few sous chefs. All of them men, one of then was very good looking. Not that I noticed, umm, I had Jacob here with me.

"Hey there cutie." the attractive one greeted me. Jacob instinctively put his arm around my waist and let out a slight grumble. It seemed like he was marking his territory. "Greg."

"Keira." I told them all. The other guys were John, Hugo, Shawn and Nathan. They were the funniest cooks in the world, I swear they could have a show on Comedy Central.

"I think she's better looking then Cassi." John smirked to Shawn. My face was beginning to turn a bright red. The swinging door opened and a girl about my age strolled into the door. The one thing that stood out on her tall frame was her vibrant green eyes.

"Whose better than me?" she asked airily. Immediately I recognized her as a witch. We have very distinctive auras, well we can tell when we're around one another. I think its a way to team up against demons and such.

"Hey," I smiled weakly, "Keira." I extended my hand out to her. She took it and gently and shook it very daintily.

"Cassi. Pleased to meet you."

"Well at least Nina isn't working tonight." Shawn remarked to every one.

"Who's Nina?" I asked. Shawn glared at me with a goofy face. Everyone burst out in laughter, except Cassi.

"Nina, god. She's the shrew in Shakespeare's play. Even worse. " Greg told me. "She likes to listen to angry girl music and that sort of stuff."

"And she's only nice to Cassi, she doesn't like us very much." Hugo pretended to be insulted. "I think its a girl thing." I giggled.

"When do we get customers?" I asked, wanting to start right away.

"In about..." Nathan counted the seconds on the clock. "NOW!' Jacob, Cassi and I walked out of the kitchen and went to our assigned areas of the dining room. Jacob and I were on the opposite sides of the room. Surprisingly it was already packed. My first table was a bunch of elderly people who didn't figure out what they wanted until I came back for the second time. They were pretty good tippers too, 20 percent. A couple of other tables later I had to wait on this group of teenaged guys. They looked like they were from the city, acting like they owned the place.

"Hey, I'm Keira, your waitress for today." I said warmly to the guys. One of them looked me up and down and smirked.

"I like the sound of that." he said very pompously. My insides wanted to hurl this guy out of the building but I just giggled lightly.

"Can I get you guys anything to drink?" I asked. After they ate and drank, I brought them their bill.

"Here you go guys. Have a nice day." I said, glad to be rid of the guys. When I turned on my heels to leave; one of them grabbed my arm. I glared at him.

"I will, if you give me your number and a date tonight." he said slickly.

I scoffed, "Why would I want to do that?" He and his buddies laughed. I looked for Jacob. He was waiting on a couple of middle aged women who were saying how handsome he was. He wasn't paying attention.

"Well because I always get what I want." he added with a little disbelief that I rejected him.

"Oh, we have that in common. I don't want to." I spat at him. At this point I don't care if they left a tip. I willed Jacob over here to help me out, he still wasn't paying attention. Then I felt cold hands around my waist. It was unfamiliar.

"Hey there love. Problem?" asked the cold handed guy. I turned around to see one of Alice's mate. I was speechless. The assholes who I was waiting on looked away. My theory was that they were threatened by this vampire, but didn't know why.

"No, they were just leaving." I told him. By now Jacob was out of the kitchen and glanced over to me. His smile faded as he noticed the vampire with his hands on my waist. I tensed up, wondering what he would do.

'What the hell it that leech doing with you?' Jacob thought angrily. He was getting better at channeling his thoughts for me to hear.

'Nothing, I was just having a bit of trouble with my table. He helped me out.' I told him. My eyes were locked on Jacob's jealous stare.

"You okay, Keira?" the vampire asked me. I turned around to him, slightly embarrassed that I didn't know his name.

"Yeah, your Edward's , umm..., brother right?" I asked still keeping an eye on Jacob as he turned red with anger and jealously. I felt bad for him and guilty that I was still friends with the Cullens. But they were my friends too.

"Yeah, Jasper." he said, smoothly.

"Well I have to go. Excuse me." I said to the Cullen vampire.

I went to were the soda fountain was and grabbed myself a Coke. I felt Jacob's hot hand on my arm and his jealously. I turned to him, hugging him tightly. Part of me was scared of Jasper, the other was slightly intriguing. Why did he come here just to help me out with a bunch of bastards?

"What was he doing here?" Jacob asked me pulling me off of him. I could tell he was enraged, he was hotter than normal.

"I don't know, he was one I'd never met" I told him. My heart was racing now. Jacob was so over protective and territorial. It was frustrating when trying to talk to any guys, just as friends.

"Well okay, I trust you. You know i can't stay mad at you for long." he grinned and pulled me back into his arms. "I just get really jealous when I how other guys treat you."

"Territorial?" I added with a goofy face. He didn't form a smile on his face like he normally would.

"Keira, you are the one that I love. I just can't stand any other guy looking at you in that, you know." Jacob told me softly.

"Like when you put your arm around me with Greg." I asked. He nodded. For some reason Bella popped into my head. Thats right, he had a 'thing' for her before I moved here. "Hey not to prod, but you and Bella?"

Jacob looked away from me, like it hurt him too much to even think about her. "She and I were friends along time ago." he said emotionless.

"No, really Jacob. She was really happy when I told her I was dating you."

"Did you tell her we are imprinted?" he asked, curious.

"No, I just said we were dating. Does it matter?" I asked getting suspicious. What exactly was his relationship with Bella like? Not that I cared, but it seemed to be part of who he is.

"No it doesn't. I was just wondering." he started, "I was in love with her." My mouth dropped, he had been in love before? That was news to me.

"But she has Edward..." I said confused out of my mind.

"I loved her like a sister." he clarified, " At first I thought thats how I loved her, but that not how I feel now. She's happier without me." He gave a weak smile. I kissed his open mouth lightly.

"Oh okay, I was just being jealous." I admitted. "I can do that right?"

"Yeah, you're entitled to be a little jealous." he smirked. "So what did Jasper want?" Oh god, he was on that again.

"Some of the city guys were pissing me off. You were busy with a table and Jasper recognized me I guess. He came over to help get rid of them.

"Why was his hands on your waist?' he asked.

"He pretended to be my boyfriend to back the guys off." I whispered.

"He WHAT?" shouted Jacob. Cassi was there, she needed a Sprite for her table. Her mind was very calm compared to other's.

'Lovers spat.' she thought lightly. I ignored her mind.

"Jacob, it doesn't matter. Its nothing." I told him, trying to calm him down. Unfortunately it didn't help. Jacob went storming out to the dining area and went to find Jasper. I ran after him, brining a lot of attention to the three of us.

"You.' Jacob shot at the Cullen brother. Jasper looked at Jacob with a quizzical stare. I caught up with my oversized guy and the vampire.

"Jacob, calm down. Lets go out back." I hissed as I grabbed his hand and dragged him out the back door. Jasper followed, curious.

Once we were out side, I let go of him. Jacob growled at Jasper.

"What are you doing here?" he spat to his enemy. Jasper calmly examined his fingers and looked up to eye Jacob, then me.

"I was just here to say hello to Keira. My family has been talking about her and I'd thought to meet the girl myself." he explained.

"Oh and you just happened to find your self groping her." Jacob asked.

"Jacob, I already told you want happened." I told him exasperated. Jasper's modelesque face formed a slight smirk.

"No, I wasn't groping her. She needed a little help so I aided her." Jasper spoke to Jacob. "Your welcome by the way."

Jacob realized that I was standing there, he moved his body so that I was blocked from Jasper's view. Like that's going to help.

"Don't ever talk to her again." he growled. I rolled my eyes, this was getting to far out of hand.

"Jacob, you said I could be friends with the Cullens." I hissed at him. My mind was raging with angry messages that bombarded Jacob's head. Jacob put his hand on his head, I was giving him a headache.

"I said once they find out that we are together, they would back off." he told me in a calm voice, "I guess not though."

"Alice and Bella don't really give a damn if you guys are together." Jasper said nonchalantly. "And now that I've met you, I couldn't give a damn either."

Jacob looked like he was going to explode, "What the HELL is that supposed to mean?"

"Your a witch, we'd never had one in this small town. We've had demons before just not a witch. Its just a shame that your on his side." Jasper looked at me, my insides did summersaults. Its not like I didn't forget all about Jacob, Jasper was just different.

"Well I'm not the only one." I said under my breathe, Jacob shot me a confused look. "Cassi."

"I think you need to leave." Jacob said in a new forced calm tone. My face was burning red. Why was he being such a bastard?

"No, Jacob..."

"Nah, its okay. I have to leave any way." Jasper said as he turned around.

"Wait I'm going with you!" I called after him. My shift was over anyways and Jacob had to know I was in control of my life not him.