Status: Active

Once in a Blue Moon, You Find Your Soul Mate. Around Werewolves It Happens More

Problems on the Home Front - 7 -

I pulled up to the Cullen Mansion shortly after Jasper's car turned off. Jacob was going to kill me when I went home, but I didn't care. I just needed some space. To get out my frustration I slammed my door shut.

"Boyfriend problems?" Japer asked. I nodded, feeling my self calm down surprisingly fast.

"He's just too, over protective." I told him. The white doors opened before I even touched the handles.

"Keira!" Alice beamed as she threw her arms around me. "What you doing here with.. Jasper."

"Oh he just stopped by work..." I started.

"Any helped her get rid of some pervs." he added. I gave a small smile.

"Well then, come on in." Alice laughed as she held the door wide open. I stepped through the door way to see Bella and Edward talking softly in the corner. I gave Alice a questioning look.

"Bella's getting turned tonight." Alice muttered. My eyes bulged.

"Doesn't that break the treaty?" I asked, frozen solid to the floor. Alice shook her head.

"No, the treat states that, "A vampire cannot bite an unwilling victim." Alice stated proudly. "Mistake in the wording, Bella is definitely willing."

"Oh, Jacob is going to murder me for being here. Then bring me back to give him the details on her change." I said partly kidding. Alice and Jasper laughed nervously.

"Your still with him?" Alice asked as she led us into the den.

"Yeah why?" I said. The victorian decor was breath taking, the vintage colors and detailed furnishings made me think I was in the Ritz.

"Well, I thought you would have had to choose." Alice's tone dropped. "I mean because of what we are. Jacob had to break all ties with Bella, I thought he would do the same with you." Alice's words made me realize what I had come between. It was more than just Jacob and Alice as a person, but what they were. My being a witch should have let me see the bigger picture.

"Alice, you'd know I'd never be able to choose. Don't ever make me." I told her softly, tears were forming in my eyes.

"Oh baby, you know I'd never do that to you." Alice comforted me. She wrapped her stone cold arms around me and squeezed my back. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Thanks." I muttered. Jasper looked at me hungrily, his expression scared me. I quietly went into his mind to figure out what he was about.

How can Edward stay in control when Bella's around. Her scent is so alluring.

I pulled out of Japer's mind, I was in shock. I was his blood scent. My arms loosened on Alice's body. Did she know? Edward appeared at my side with Bella.

"Keira I think it would be best to leave now." Bella said to me.

"Yeah I got that impression too." I smiled weakly. Jasper and Alice looked confused. "Thanks for helping me out, again." I thanked Jasper.

"Any time." his voice strained. I said good bye and left in my little coupe of a car.

~*~*~

I drove up to my house, half expecting Jacob to already be there. Deirdre was sitting on the front porch, drinking some sort of alcohol. I smiled as I got out of the car and sat next to her. She grinned and looked at me with her vibrant red eyes, contacts wouldn't have the same effect.

"What is it about that boy?" she asked, taking a sip of her whiskey.

"Jacob?" I asked. The way I left him, I almost gagged.

"Yeah, he stopped by earlier. Said something about wanting to make it better. Did he hurt you?" Dee asked with a big sister tone. I knew she would beat up any one that even dared to hurt me.

"No, we just got into a fight." I sighed, "He was being so protective of me. You know that more than anyone."

"Yeah, it was good that you set him in his place." she laughed. Deirdre stood up and went back in the house. I followed her into the kitchen where Celia was. My mother was sitting down eating some of her organic icecream, green tea tazo something. It was actually pretty good.

"Hey mom, what did you do tonight?" I asked noticing her glowing complexion. The blooming plants also gave away her happiness.

She blushed, "I went out on a date with Charlie." Deirdre and I gasped.

"You and Bella's dad? When did this happen?" I interrogated. Celia turned a bright red.

"He asked me out to his formal on the squad. It was fun." she said excitedly. It had been along time my mother had been out on a date. This was monumental.

"Sounds like you had a good night." Dee commented, "And Jacob is up in your room." My eyes bulged out of my head. Why didn't she tell me that before?! Turning on my heel, I ran up the steps as fast as I could. The pounding of my feet on the wooden stairs shook the whole house.

"So, how were your friends?" Jacob asked, clearly annoyed by my exit.

"Fine," I said coldly. "Why are you so over bearing? I do have some guy friends." I let loose on him. He stared at me, listening to what I said.

"I know." he muttered. "Its just that I get jealous."

"Well maybe you could loosen up a bit." I said lightly, not wanting to start another argument with him. He gave me that goofy look he was famous for.

"I'll try. Will you forgive me?"

"Of course." I kissed him on the lips, while wrapping my hands around his neck. He returned the kiss with his lips gently pressed on mine.

"I think we need to have some alone time. Camping trip?" he asked with a devilish grin.

"Why not?"