Status: Active

Once in a Blue Moon, You Find Your Soul Mate. Around Werewolves It Happens More

Close Encounters

Nadia stood on the top of the hill, her heart pumping faster and faster. It had been the first time since she was little that she'd seen the sky. The clear night just highlighted the silver stars. It was breath taking. The teen's hair blew past her back from the cool breeze that was coming from the north. Her nose wrinkled up, a familiar scent came in with the winds, it was orchids and vanilla. It was her sister's perfume, Nadia never forgot.

In the Northern Parts of the Forest

My toes were still cold. Jacob had some how managed, yet again, to let Celia to allow me to go on this camping trip. Just Jacob and me. This nature stuff wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Cassie was tellingl me about how she could talk to animals, it was pretty cool. How animals think is so mysterious. The only thing I can control is technology, not much thinking in there.

Jacob and I were sitting by the crackling fire, a blanket wrapped around my body. It was freezing out here! Not to mention the occasional wind that sent shivers down my spine. The only thing good about camping was that I was alone with Jacob. His warm arms were also kept my body from shaking.

"You okay?" he asked softly. I nodded, but on the inside wanted to run to the nearest hotel or house.

"I am just cold. I don't have a 203 temperature." I laughed. Jacob grinned and opened his arms for me to get closer to him. I sat down on the dirt floor, with my back to him indian style. It was a lot warmer once I was surrounded by his body heat.

"Is that any better?" he asked, kissing my neck gently. I let out a light sigh.

"Much." I whispered and turned to face him. My lips went for his more aggressive than before. Jacob's muscled arms pulled me closer while his hand was pressing lightly on the back of my neck. Our kisses were gently and sweet, not like those full out messy hook ups. We were more sophisticated. I laughed at that thought, me mature. After a few steamy moments I broke our kiss. His eyes were ravenous, wanting more.

"What? I was just about to change it up." he laughed. I giggled at him. My mind was racing, I wasn't sure if Jacob wanted what I wanted.

I smirked, "So was I." I pushed him on the ground and lay on top of him, kissing his lips with more intensity. Jacob seemed not to mind my assertiveness, I actually caught him grinning. My hands slowly ran down his chest then to his waist.

"What are you thinking?" he asked suggestively.

"I don't know. Just that I want to..." I trailed off, kissing his neck and lips. Jacob grabbed my hands firmly.

"I don't think we should." he said roughly. I froze and sat up.

"Why?" I asked hurt.

"I don't think we are ready." he explained.

"But as you said, we're perfect for each other." I added.

"I want the same thing you do. But not now. Keira we have our whole lives to be together." I bit my lips, very embarrassed by my bold move.

"I'm going for a walk." I said, standing up.

"What?" he asked confused.

"I'll be back." I muttered. Jacob didn't fight me on this. I walked over into the woods, frustrated with myself and Jacob's overbearing ways. Jacob let out a groan, I continued to walk on. My feet moved fast, while mind was replaying my humiliation.

"Why was I so stupid?!" I shouted into the wind. The air was crisp as the darkness surrounding me. It was calming compared to the heavy atmosphere at the camp site. Tears formed in my eyes from embarrassment. I quickly brushed them away with my finger tips. A twig snapped behind me. My mind reached out for Jacob's thoughts, but it wasn't him. I slowly turned to see my intruder, my eyes open in shock.

"Why Keira, what are you doing out here alone?" I heard a sweet voice ask me. Bella stepped out of the shadows, her eyes a bright red. She looked at me as if a child in a candy store.

"Bella?" I stammered, wanting it to be some trick of the light. Her pearly skin was lustrious compared to her former state. Her movements graceful and fluid, like a cat. The blood red in her eyes was the only thing terrifying. She let out a laugh that would have made a choir sound emotionless.

"Well that isn't obvious. This new world to me is so freeing." Bella told me. I nodded, partly scared of how this new Bella would act. I'd heard stories of how uncontrollable the new borns are. Her manner was controlled. For now at least.

"Where's Edward?" I asked more confident now. I felt tone change, like I was talking to the enemy. "Have you figured out your power?"

"Yes, I did." she exclaimed, stepping closer to me. "I can negate any power around me. Basically neutralize them." The hands were cold and clammy now. My only defense against her was now hopeless. Not like using technology in the woods would work out that well.

"Have you tried it out yet?" I asked curious. Bella moved her head gracefully.

"Only with vampires though. I thought I'd try using it on you." she smiled devilishly. I clenched my jaw tightly. No wonder I was talking to her as an enemy. My body sensed the change in her aura. I reached for my cellphone and tried to use my power, it was useless. Her ability cancelled my active powers out.

"Well it looks like it worked." I said, my voice slightly shaky. Bella smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. I stepped backwards, not knowing what she was going to do.

"Why Keira, this is a dilemma. Edward has taken me out hunting almost every day. It doesn't quench my thirst though." she sighed. "Its too bad that you are the one who I met. I was hoping for some helpless victim."

"Ah well it looks like you got me." I smirked, getting into a defensive stance.

"Oh Keira. You want to fight me?" Bella cooed, "How cute."

"Yeah it will be." I said coldly. My face was bright red, how could my friend turn into my enemy? I hesitated to try to attack her. I was sure that I could do some sort of damage, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Before I knew it, she lunged for me. I quickly moved out of the way, scared shitless. My heart was pounding and my head spinning. Why was it so hard to fight back? Bella looked at me with confusion. Most likely because I'd dodged out of her way. My instincts took over suddenly. I back closer and closer to a fallen tree branch as she walked towards me. I waited until she was an arm's length away. I put all my power into kicking her with my feet, while holding onto the broken branch for support. Bella was thrown off balance for a second, giving me enough time to get to the other side of the small clearing. Planting both my feet on the ground I stood there, waiting for her to attack again.

"Awe the witch can fight." Bella said smoothly.

"You have no idea." I grinned. The vampire ran to me faster this time, reaching for my shoulders. Without thinking, I punched her stomach. My hand met her marble like exterior, it felt like hitting a brick wall. I clenched my jaw to stifle my pain.

Bella smirked at her new found invincibility, "That looked like it hurt." Growing angrier and angrier, I swept her feet from under her. Becoming an immortal didn't change her clumsiness.

Frustrated she crouched to the ground and pounced at me, this time nailing me to the dirt. I went to scream, but found I couldn't. My eyes were locked with my soon to be murderer. This was the only time in my life that I felt fear. For one second, I thought I saw Bella's eyes turn back to their warm brown color. She loosened her grip on my wrists.

"Bella, you don't have to do this." I whispered to her. She looked at me, tilting her head. I could tell she was fighting her new instincts, her human half at least. The vampire's eyes flashed back to the blood red, turning back to her vicious state. Her hands tightened their grip. She knelt her head down to my neck, I could feel her dead breathe on my skin. All my thoughts were focused on how I was never going see Jacob again.

"Bella no!" I heard a masculine voice shout. Instantly Bella was thrown off me and pinned to the ground. My body was slightly shaking from my near death experience. Not like that is anything new though. I stood up carefully, to see Edward restraining Bella from moving. I looked at my attacker, now helpless against her lover. Edward's thoughts were unintentionally dancing from my head to his.

"Thanks." I muttered, not wanting to get in the middle of their struggle.

"Your welcome." he said while trying to calm her down. Bella looked at me with her now red eyes, her expression was tame now and almost apologetic. Edward let her up, but held her hand tightly. Some large mass ran in front of me, very furry. It was a large wolf with reddish fur, Jacob. He let out a loud growl at the two vampires.

What are you doing? I asked him. Jake let out a snort of his own kind.

Protecting you. What does it look like?

A little late, aren't we?

Edward looked at me then to Jacob with a raised eyebrow. I guess he just discovered he couldn't read Jacob's mind.

"Jake was worried, but came a little too late." I informed.

"Oh." Edward said with slight disgust. I looked to Jacob, he was ready to pounce on the vampires. My hand went on his neck, almost trying to calm him down. His ears flickered and he turned his head to me.

Can we leave now?

In a minute

"Bella I forgive you." I muttered. Bella looked at me in disbelief, her mouth wide open.

"But... I tried to kill you." she whispered. I looked at her, she was back to normal. Well as normal as the Cullen family would get.

"I know. Just don't let it happen again." I said, a little pissed off still.

"It was my fault. I was out side when she ran off." Edward admitted, I felt his guilt in his thoughts.

"Its all good." I said, grudges weren't my thing anymore. A foot step was heard behind the clearing. All of us turned our attention to the disturbance. A girl about 17 stepped out of the brush, her hair was long and unevenly cut. Her clothing was even stranger, it was black ribbons wrapped strategically to cover her body. She looked at me with excitement.

"Keira?" she asked hopefully. It was my turn to have my mouth open. It was my sister.