Status: Finished- For now XD

Immortal Souls

Looking at the World with New Eyes - 4

I woke up a few hours later to find Henry on his balcony. He was staring in awe at the sun and the people down below. The vampire looked at the people in their morning routines he had not seen in centuries. Being dead for half a day did lessen the experience of being immortal. I rolled out of bed and wrapped the sheet around me. The screen door opened with ease as I walked onto the balcony with Henry.

"Hey." I whispered, my voice still waking up.

"I never really appreciated the day." he said thoughtfully. "I thought this was a dream, so I stayed awake until sunrise."

He didn't need to finish that sentence. I knew what he would say.

"So are we going to amaze some of your friends by walking up to them with the sun shining in your hair?" I asked him as my hands laced up his chest and around his waist. He looked down at me with a smirk.

"I've got some people in mind." he told me.

After we both got dressed in appropriate day clothes, we walked down the steps to the Branches lobby. It took forever to find him an outfit that wasn't black or dark. I had to go into my own stash of old boyfriend clothes to give him a band teeshirt and jeans. He insisted on wearing his gray coat, I think he wasn't used to wearing short sleeves at all.

My eyes had to adjust to sunlight that poured through the glass windows in the lobby. When I opened my eyes I saw the hotel manager looking at Henry with disbelief.

"Hello." I smiled at him to break the tension. Henry waved at him enthusiastically.

"Mr. Fitzroy. I never see you out during the day." he stated astonished.

"Well, I decided to hold off on my book today." Henry smiled genially.

"Oh." the man said stupidly.

I grinned as I walked down the city side walk with Henry. It had been a long time since I'd had some cute arm candy. Almost every person, guy or girl stared at us as we walked. It was odd to see girls looking at me for once. Well they weren't staring at me, it was Henry they were attracted to. The guys across the street were admiring a flashy new car, but once they saw me many cat calls and wolf whistles.

"Seems like you get a lot of attention." Henry whispered in my ear so that I could only hear. A smile played across my lips.

"As you do to." I said as I received a death glare from one of the high class women who probably worked as secretaries. Their high stiletto heels gave it away.

"There isn't much I can do about it though." he grinned. I rolled my eyes.

"But your loving the attention." my voice had a little bit of jealousy.

One of the bolder guys walked across the street in the same fashion every cocky guy wants to get the girl. This guy had player written all over his face and every guy of every century I'd ever known had the same game face. He winked at me as he came closer. This one had brown eyes and black hair, he was average looking at the most. College age frat guy.

"Hey, sunshine." he said with a broad smile. Henry stepped closer to me, but kept his distance at the same time. He let out a soft growl.

"Hey, you." I said dissmissively. The player eyed up Henry with a slight laugh.

"You don't like you would be into that band wanna-be type." he said while still walking in step with Henry and I.

"What's that supposed to mean to me?" I asked again in a harsher tone. Henry just smirked at this guy's failed attempts to get my number.

"Nothing babe, just seems like you need a real man." he smirked as he slid his arm around my shoulders. It was way too much for Henry to handle.

"I would advise you to keep you hands off her." Henry said in an even tone. I gave a small smile as I felt Henry tensed up.

"Dude, chill." he said in that obnoxious tone. "Its not like your man enough for her. What are you? 19 at the most?"

"But its in every girl's agenda to date a younger guy." I countered. The guy put his hands up and shrugged.

"Its your loss, hon." he shouted as he walked back over to his friends. Henry and I continued to walk down the very sunny street. I could tell he was enjoying this part.
After a few blocks, we made a left turn. Henry stopped in front of some business offices and looked at it, admiring it in the day light. The sign next to the door frame said Vicki Nelson: Private Investigator

"Is Vicki a friend of yours?" I asked curiously.

"Yes, why do you know her?" he asked gently.

"We actually met on the elevator at the hotel." I added, " She was talking about you I suspect." I said more to myself than to him.

"Was it anything interesting?" he inquired.

"Nope." I replied with an even face. "Ready to shake up some people?"

Henry smirked and motioned for me to proceed. I walked up the cement stairs and held the door open for us to walk in. One or two doors down was Vicki's office. The silver door handle opened with no problem as I opened the paned glass door.

"Hello?" I called into the supposedly empty office. Immediately a decked out goth girl walked up with a big smile.

"Hey, welcome to Nelson's Investigations. How can I help you?" she asked in a very out of character tone.

"I have a friend of yours that is in trouble." I lied with perfection. "He is about this tall and darkbrown curly hair to about here." I used my hands to talk through my story as this girl's smile quickly faded.

"Henry?" she asked with a worried tone. Then on cue, Henry strolled into the office as if it were a normal night.

"Yeah?" he asked while pretending to read a flyer. The girl looked at him with wide eyes and shrieked.