Status: Canceled

House of Wolves

Entering the Den - 2

Steam floated out of the antique tub Ivy steeped in. It was ultra relaxing to just sit down and wash her self away. Her black hair was twisted into a knot on top of her head and her change of clothes sat neatly on the chair by the window. Ivy took in a deep breath, her body would surely thank her later for pampering herself. The warm bath water had lost the bubbles that were there previously, but still smelled like vanilla. There was a soft knock on the bathroom door. Ivy's eyes shot open to the disturbance. Her nerves were still on high alert.

You're just being silly. Your safe now, she softly scolded herself.

"Ivy, its Ava... can I come in?" Ivy heard Ava ask.

"Yeah." Ivy said sitting up slightly. She saw Ava slide into the room before shutting the door. "What's up?"

Ava looked at Ivy with a different air than she'd seen earlier. It was softer and less intense. Ivy wasn't sure, but it looked like Ava was nervous.

"I'm not sure if I gave the right impression earlier." she started, the blonde sat down on the window sill that sat directly in front of Ivy.

"No, its fine. I didn't mean to cause anything between you and Michael." Ivy insisted.

"Oh by all means, take him from me." Ava said disgusted, "I'd be more than happy if he left me alone. Everyone in the pack knows that we don' t have the most convention relationship."

"But aren't you his queen?" she asked confused.

"Hardly, I beat the bitch that challenged my mother." Ava said curtly, "I just wanted to clear up that you weren't stepping over any lines." she added with a smile.

"Thanks." Ivy said while looking at Ava. "If you don't mind, how old is he actually?"

"Like 24." she said rolling her eyes,"I'm only 17"

"What!?" Ivy shouted. Quickly she covered her mouth, her eyes wider than a soda can. "Isn't that illegal?"

"Not by our laws." Ava explained, "We aren't allowed to become involved with humans. Also I was the only eligible mate for him." Ivy stared at Ava with slight pity. I'd hate to be forced to do anything like that, Ivy caught herself thinking.

"So you don't love him?" she asked raising her voice. Ivy had never thought about a relationship without love. It was like a fish without water. What's there to live for without that deep connection? Ava rolled her eyes let out a frustrated moan.

"Hell no.I could never love that." she said lowly.

"What happened?" Ivy wondering what could have happened to Ava to hate Michael that much.

"Long story short, I ran away from the guy I love. " she said, Ivy raised an eyebrow.

"And thats why you hate him?" the brunette hated to ask.

"Okay that wasn't the best explanation." she laughed. "There was this boy back in the city, Henry Clarke. He was the most gorgeous human in the whole world. I thought I could trust him, but I guess not. Then it got out of hand, blood was spilt and then we moved here. Michael thought it was better to move. Its safer and there aren't that many humans to get involved with."

Ivy watched as Ava told her the shortened version. Ava's face lit up at the thought this Henry. She must really love him. But something didn't add up.

"Michael wanted me for himself. So he was all for getting me away from Henry. I just didn't think that Henry could ever love me after what he saw." she continued. "Its hard to love someone who doesn't love you back."

Ivy couldn't tell if there was a tear that ran down her rosy cheek or if it was just the steam. Whatever it was, she quickly rubbed it away with the back of her hand. Ava looked up at Ivy with a small smile. She looked much younger than she had before, yet hurt more than any 17 year old should be.

"I'm sorry, Ava. I didn't know." Ivy said softly. "Can you hand me that towel?" Ava got up and handed her the plush white towel. Ivy stood up from her warm bath water, her back facing the other girl's. Once the towel was fully secured she turned back to Ava.

"Ivy, I didn't mean to disturb your bath. I wanted you to know what type of pack you were getting into." she said bouncing back to her queen wolf phase. Ivy nodded with a smile.

"Its no problem. I actually appreciate the heads up." she added. The two girls walked out of the tiled bathroom, steam poured out of the open door.

"Damn, Ava works fast." a low booming voice called down the hall. Ivy and Ava both turned their heads at the same time, a tanned god like man stood in the hall. This guy was definitely not by the stream where the pack picked up Ivy. She would have remembered him for sure. He casually leant up against the wall as he admired the two of them.

"Go screw yourself, Hemming." Ava spat jokingly. This so called Hemming flipped his longish hair out of his eyes and let out a scoff.

"Not enough time." he laughed, " So whose this?" Hemming looked at Ivy with curiosity. His gaze wasn't like Michael's intensity, it was just a curious look with a smirk that could rival her own.

"Oh this is Ivy Silver. She just came here a few hours ago." Ava introduced, "And don't try anything, Michael basically did her in the woods." Hemming looked at Ava with wide eyes. He couldn't believe that the queen wolf could care less about her mate fancying someone else.

"Now what makes you think that I'd try anything with Ivy?" Hemming asked Ava while taking his eyes off of Ivy. It wasn't as if one girl was more beautiful than the other. It had to be a tie. Ava had the day look: soft, angel like face and long straight golden hair, not to mention the peach colored skin. Ivy on the other hand was dark all the way. She had long wavy hair that was black as night paired with a golden tan, almond eyes and model like cheek bones. Together they looked glamorous.

"Because you always try to start something with the new girl" Ava laughed.

"I wouldn't dare." he said while crossing his heart. "Violet would have my head."

Ava laughed softly as she motioned for Ivy to follow her. Without hesitation Ivy followed her new friend and away from the handsome man. They both walked down the old victorian halls. It was a huge house that boarded most of Michael's pack. Most of the inhabitants were asleep, it was after all 4 in the morning. Ivy was careful not to make too much noise as she walked on the squeaky floor boards. Ava was taking Ivy to the spare room at the end of the hall. From what she told Ivy, it was the smallest. A cave with running water would have suited the rouge so the size was not of importance. The two stopped at the white door with paint chipping off. Ava opened the door for Ivy.

"Ta da." she said lightly, "Its not the greatest, but you can fix it up to your liking. I think Michael would want you to stay permanently."

"Its perfect." Ivy said while walking around the petite living space. The room was just big enough for a queen sized bed, a small two drawer dresser and miniature closet. There was a small window that revealed the outside world. Dreary black and green flowered wall paper peeled off the walls, but it smelled like cedar. What he used to smell like, she thought dreamily. "Its homey."

"Very, it smells a little funny. Thats nothing Glade can't fix." Ava said while leaning against the door frame.

"No I like it." Ivy smiled.

"Okay then." Ava said, "Breakfast is usually at 8... but I'll save you something if you want to just sleep in."

"Thanks Ava. You've been really sweet to me."

"Don't mention it. Just don' t let it get out. I have a rep to live up to." she said. "Have a nice sleep Ivy. I'll be down the hall, third one on the left."

"With Michael?" Ivy asked innocently.

"Not in this life time." Ava smirked while closing her door.

It wasn't long before Ivy discovered that the bed was ultra comfy after sleeping on leaves. The blanket on the bed wasn't needed with her ever rising temperature. Using her wolf side in the past weeks had left her feeling more like an animal than a girl. She curled her legs up close to her chest under the thin sheet as her eyes closed. Her sleep was uninterrupted by nightmares of her past.