Status: Finished.

I Want A Simple Love Like That

About Better Days and Better Ways To Live This Life.

“Hazel?” I called into the bus. I got no reply so I went back into the venue. I looked around for a solid thirty minutes before I found her sitting by herself in a small room meant for spare amps and speakers. “Hazel?” She looked up from playing with her phone and looked at me.
“Yeah?” She asked.
“Can we talk?” She shrugged and moved her feet so I could sit beside her. I sat down and licked my lips a few times. “Listen, I just want to say this one thing. Last night was something I would never regret, okay? I love you a lot and I want to make this better.”
“You love me?” She looked at me with sad eyes.
“I do. A lot, in fact, I’ve never felt this way about anyone before.” I looked her in the eyes.
“I love you, too.” She smiled.
“So are we cool?”
“Not quite.”
“Why are you upset? I can’t seem to understand.” I threw my arms up and then looked at her again in the eyes. A smile played on her lips and she started giggling.
“Well, since that’s out of the way, want to know why I’m upset?”
“Please, for the love of everything!”
“Well…first, I miss my animals a lot, I miss Boone more, and on top of all that, I didn’t get mine last night.” She was serious at first, then she turned playful.
“Are you serious? You know, if you need to go home, you can go at any time. And about last night, we have lots of nights ahead of us.” I chuckled and punched her slightly in the side.
“Well, okay, about the nights. But about Boone, I may have to take you up on that offer. I love my animals with a passion and I really want to see my house again.”
“Okay, how about tomorrow morning we’ll get you a flight out of the next city for tomorrow afternoon, cool?”
“Very. Thank you, Nick.” She kissed my cheek and jumped off the amp. Her cowboy boots hit the ground hard and I jumped down too. We held hands to the bus and I watched her pack her things. It was sad seeing her leave, but I knew come tomorrow, this would all be worth it. Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Distance is for pansies. I stood beside her, looking up at the board of the airport, trying to figure out where her flight was. She finally pointed it out and looked at me.
“I’m going to miss you.” I said and brushed my hand across her cheek.
“I’m going to miss you more.” She giggled and kissed my hand. I embraced her she wrapped her tiny arms around my waist. We stayed in that position a long time before she finally broke free and picked her bags up. She made her way to the security line and I started the walk back to the car waiting out front for me.
I sighed as the car pulled away and started the drive back to the concert hall. When we got there, the guys were waiting for me in the bus and they both hugged me when I got on.
“I just don’t think that was the best idea.” I said aloud as I poured some orange juice in a glass.
“Why’s that?” Kevin gave me a weird look, taking their attention from the TV.
“Yeah, why?” Joe popped a grape into his mouth and turned in the chair to me.
“Well…okay…we have sex, we get into a tizzy about regretting it, we talk, she wants to leave to go back home? That doesn’t sound weird or anything. You guys don’t think she’s doing that to make a quick and easy break away, do you?”
“I doubt it.” Kevin gave me a weird look.
“She said she missed her animals a lot, right?” Joe asked, I just shook my head ‘yes,’ “You have to remember, she loves her animals with a passion and this-” he motioned with his hands the bus’ length, “-isn’t exactly a life someone like her can take.”
“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” I asked, a little offended.
“No, don’t get mad, I’m saying, you have to remember where and how she grew up.”
“What do you mean?” Kevin asked him.
“Okay, look, she grew up in a tiny town, hardly ever traveled, probably had very hard working parents, and always was surrounded by family and animals to keep her company. Also you have to remember the fact that the whole ‘touring’ thing isn’t exactly cut out for everyone, she may have issues with slight culture shock, especially if the only places she’s been are Wyoming and North Carolina.” Joe stopped and took in a deep breath.
“You know…Joe…you make a good point.” Kevin said giving him a high five.
“I still don’t get it.” I shrugged and sat down in a chair near them.
“She’s just not cut out for all of this and she misses everything a lot, do you remember what it was like the first time WE went touring?” Kevin asked me. “That’s how she’s feeling.”
“It was pretty miserable.” I agreed. “I guess I get it, I just miss her though…it’s different around here without her.”
“Yeah I know,” Joe agreed, “I miss hearing her little accent when she would get mad at me.” He laughed. Kevin and I rolled our eyes because we knew we’d heard that accent way to many times in the past couple of weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know...I know...it took forever. My apologies.

I still love you guyz =)

-HammiHamz