Status: Finished.

I Want A Simple Love Like That

I Would Be For You, A Fire And A Rainbow.

“You’re nuts, you know that right?” Kevin said to me. I was back with them, touring, and I’d told them my plans. They didn’t take them too well. “You’re seventeen, dating a twenty one year old, and you just asked her to marry you?” He listed on his fingers and then rolled his eyes to the bus’ ceiling.
“Nonsense, Kevin, I think we should be happy for our brother, it’s all he’s ever wanted. What made you decide to take her hand in marriage?” Joe said to me, putting his hand on my shoulder.
“She wants it for the longing, and since I’m head over heels in love-and would give her anything she wanted-I’m taking her for longing. It’s something about having a simple love that doesn’t require too much thinking or complications, it’s some big southern thing.” They gave me weird looks and I just shrugged at them, “look…there’s this song…she would sing it a lot when she was taking care of the horses.” I rang off some of the lyrics and they didn’t understand. I wanted to play the song ‘Take Me For Longing,’ but I couldn’t get the banjo down in it good.
“What does that have to do with any of this mess you’ve created? Mom is going to kill you, you know that right?”
I was getting angry with Mr. Sensible Kevin right now, “Look, Kevin, just shut up, okay? You like Hazel just as much as Joe and me do, alright? Just say you’re happy for me and leave it at that.”
It took him a minute to respond, but he finally did, “I’m happy for you.” He sighed out.
“Thank you.” I replied and we went about our business

The wedding was quaint, small, just family and a couple of her friends. We had it on her farm and kissed the farm good bye on the same day. She cried when we left, but she also said she was crying at how happy she was we were moving up north.
I had found her a small farmhouse close enough for me to be near the family, but still far away enough for her to feel back at home. She misses the mountains a lot though, so we visit often.
She never did tour with us again and I don’t blame her, it’s a lot of stress, and we have a lot of animals.
And a little one on the way. Cameron Lucille Jonas, my little baby girl.

Take Me For Longing

Don't choose me because I am faithful.
Don't choose me because I am kind.
If your heart settles on me, I'm for the taking.
Take me for longing or leave me behind.

I would be, for you, a fire in a rainbow,
I would be, for you, an opening door.
Time and hard lessons are one kind of wisdom.
Try to forget them or love me no more.

I'm not asking your heart to believe me.
I'm not asking for promise or pledge.
Whatever the answer, it's yes that's the question.
I am the fool dancin' over the edge.

Don't choose me because I am faithful.
Don't choose me because I am kind.
If your heart settles on me, I'm for the taking.
Take me for longing or leave me behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys liked the story! I know the ending was short, but it was meant to be simple and sweet =)

Comment and tell me what you thought of the ending! And download that song, it's sung by Alison Krauss, it's an amazing song.

-HammiHamz