Status: Complete

Here I Am, Once Again, I'm Torn Into Pieces

Green Gentlemen

“Jessica, why did you leave?” A guy asked as his black Mohawk peaked out of the door and Jackson came all the way out to look around. As he saw me, he came towards me.

“I don't want Rob thinking I like him! He doesn't even like me that way! I'm his personal assistant...” I explained and then I looked over at Jackson. I knew I liked Rob and he didn't like me, I didn't know how I was going to deal with being his personal assistant too.

“Um, don't tell Rob I told you this... But you could do way better!” Jackson smiled and I couldn't fight off a smile too. I wasn't use to a guy giving me complements over and over, I liked it. Jackson was the guy every girl should go to for the cure of a broken heart.

“As in who?” I asked curiously because I didn't believe one word he said. If there was a guy better then Rob, then that person was Mr. Impossible. All of my last boyfriends were jack asses and were no good, they all were horrible.

“Me...” Jackson smiled as he lightly brushed my bangs out of my face, he made me blush. I thought Jackson was charming and very good looking, but Rob was still in the picture.

“Jackson I just can't right now, okay? I mean you're the nicest guy I have met at this party. It's just this is going way too fast! How about we take it slow and just be friends right now,” I sighed looking over at Jackson's saddened face trying to force up a smile. I knew Jackson was probably trying to get to know me that way, but I wasn't ready enough to start up new feelings.

“It's okay we can take is slow and be friends! Here take my card,” Jackson said pulling out a fancy stock business card. I pulled the card from his grasp and I read it slowly, it had all of his information on it that I needed to know.

“Thanks, I'll probably call you tonight when I get home. If I ever get home, I don't have a ride anymore!” I told Jackson truthfully, because it was true. I was not going to ride in that car with Rob again and face him now. I wasn't even close to being ready to talk to him.

“Do you want me to give you a ride home?” Jackson asked and I nodded quickly. I got up from the ground as fast as I could and Jackson followed right behind me. I wanted to go home now; I don't need any goodbyes from anyone else in there.

“Yes please!” I smiled a fake smile at him. He grabbed my hand just like Rob had did right before I got out of his black BMW and he escorted me to his car. We stopped right in front of a lime green Scion xB and I smiled brightly.

“I love your car,” I laughed as he opened my door for me and I slipped in quickly. When I looked over at Jackson his hair finally fell over and his hair was just parted on the side. It made me smile a bit. I was finally relieved that I was heading home; I had enough of the night life.

“So... Where do you live?” Jackson questioned looking very confused on which lane he had to switch over to. I knew he wouldn't be able to find my apartment from just my address. So I had to guide him on which streets to turn left and right on.

“Turn a left here!” I called out as Jackson was about to turn right out of the premiere parking lot. It was so funny watching Jackson almost go the wrong way, because he got a little frustrated. Men and their directions. Luckily the road we turned onto was just a curved and straight road for a couple of minutes. But up came another intersection.

“Let me guess turn right?” Jackson said as he looked at all of the fancy lightly bricked apartments and I gave him a quick nod. I was glad that my apartment wasn't that far away from the premiere, I just didn't realize it.

“1501 on your left,” I told him as he pulled over onto the curb just in time. I didn't know what to say to Jackson after he geared his car into park. The night was gone and it was almost 2 o'clock in the morning. I bet Frankie was still in the living room watching movies waiting for me to show up.