Status: Complete

Here I Am, Once Again, I'm Torn Into Pieces

Zenkichi

“Frankie! I'm ready to go!” I yelled running down the hallway to the living room area. Frankie was sitting on the couch reading a Cosmo Girl magazine. She looked up at me once I ran over to her and then she sprang up on her feet.

“We're going to take my car!” Frankie smiled at me and I followed her out of the door, locking it behind me. We both walked up to her classic red Volkswagen Jetta. Sadly Frankie drove fast and she never hardly paid attention on the road, the only advantage of her driving was getting there really early.

“You're lucky I know where Zenkichi is,” Frankie continued speeding down the road to the stoplight. She took a right and then barely missed the next turn to the left she had to take. Zenkichi was close to our apartments and it is close to Waverly Inn as well. I'm so glad that I live downtown now; I always thought that it would be a bad idea. After Frankie looked around the street we were on, she pulled to the curb and we were right in front of Zenkichi.

“I see Jackson's car...” I whispered looking in front of Frankie's car, there was Jackson's car. Frankie and I got out of the car and went inside the restaurant to meet up with Jackson. The whole restaurant was secluded, dark, and had tables with secretive curtains for privacy.

“How many are there today?” A short Japanese man asked in a very soft voice as he smiled at me. He looked at Frankie and I real quick before he looked down at the seating chart. There was a long wait, because there were couples and singles sitting down in the waiting area with vibrating timers.

“Just two! But we're meeting up with Jackson Rathbone... Is he here?” I told him looking around at each table, but you couldn't tell. All of the tables had each of the curtains down and you could only see shadows or no one at all.

“Yes he is, follow me!” The man smiled walking down the aisle in between each booth. He stopped at a booth way in the back. The man opened the curtains and showed us to Jackson, he smiled at us. The man let the curtains drop as I pointed at Frankie to sit by Jackson as I sat by myself opposite of them.

“Hey Jackson, this is Frankie. My best friend!” I smiled as I looked over at Frankie. Jackson looked over at her and smiled, he even blushed like he did when he first was introduced to me. I smiled secretly to myself as I knew they were going to get along well and they could be a possible couple in the near future.

As I sat there looking at what I was going to order, I now started to feel like the third wheel. Already Jackson was starting to whisper to Frankie and sometimes they would laugh at each other. I still don't get what they're talking about, you can hear them but there having so much small talk you can barely figure out the words.

“Excuse me do you guys know what you would like tonight?” A Japanese women asked us as she stood out of the curtains, were we could hardly see her. This restaurant has so much privacy that you could do whatever you wanted behind these curtains. I'm sure Jackson and Frankie would be swallowing each other's tongues right now if I weren't here.

“Sprite and Ginger-Garlic Kobe Beef...” I sighed reading a meal from the grilled and roasted section. I was hungry and I was willing to try anything on the menu but I just picked something randomly in my interest.

“I would also like a Sprite and Shrimp and Renkon Tempura!” Frankie smiled closing the menu and laying it back onto the table. She looked at me and smiled really bright, I knew what she meant.

“Green Tea and Mentai Mochi,” Jackson said without looking in the menu; he's been here before. That must be Jackson's favorite dinner from here; I have no idea what it is.