Status: Complete

Here I Am, Once Again, I'm Torn Into Pieces

Waverly Inn

“I know... I know. I just don't know what to do or say anymore!” I said and it was true, I was lost without Derek or any boyfriend for that matter. I sat up more and I looked at Frankie, I didn't know what I was going to do.

“Here, how about I move in with you for awhile... I know you won't be able to pay the payments, you have no job!” Frankie told me and I nodded my head towards her. What else was I suppose to say to her, she was right.

“I guess I better get up and find a job. Do you have a newspaper?” I asked getting up from the floor and I rubbed my eyes with my shirt. They were all watery and my eye makeup was almost all gone by now. I looked into a mirror, I looked horrible so I fixed my eyeliner and I brushed out my hair and retied my ponytail.

“Yeah, I think I saw one on your dining table when I walked in the front door,” Frankie replied as she got up and walked out of my bedroom to get the newspaper. Frankie came back in two seconds and she threw the newspaper in my lap.

“I'm going to go and hangout by myself while I search for a job. Please don't come with me, I just want to be by myself okay!” I pleaded looking at her nicely, because I just really wanted to be alone. My favorite restaurant Waverly Inn was right around the corner and it always cheers me up.

“Oh okay, whatever. It's fine, I'll just start moving Derek's stuff out and I'll move my stuff in while you're gone,” Frankie agreed explaining what she was going to do and I nodded in an agreement. I just wanted to leave and just sit there in peace, so I didn't care what she was going to do.

“Bye!” I hollered as I walked out of my room. I had to think about everything that happened today, so I decided to walk to Waverly Inn. I got to Waverly Inn in about a few minutes, that's how close it was from my apartment. I walked to the tall long black doors and my old friend Tony was standing at the hosting stand, looking bored as he always does.

“Hey cuate!” Tony smiled looking at me and he went to grab a menu. I stopped him with my hand and I shook my head, I've been here so much I have a usual.

“You know I don't speak Spanish and I want my usual!” I told him and I pushed him forward to give me my table I usually sit in as well. I hated sitting in the corner and by the door, so I sat right smack dab in the middle of the whole restaurant.

“So a vanilla caramel avalanche with the extra caramel? Let's go!” Tony asked and he pulled my arm along, he directed me to my regular spot. I looked around the whole restaurant and I was glad no one was sitting nearby my table. I wanted to be alone while drinking my avalanche and circling possible open jobs with my pink highlighter.

“Yes please...” I laughed plopping myself down into the small booth and I grabbed the newspaper. There was about more than 900 jobs of all variety that were open and I didn't know where to start, it was chaos. Half of the pages were restaurant jobs, personal assistants, and others like cooks, maids, and butlers. I don't really feel like being a person that cleans up anything for a person that is too lazy to do so, so I kept on looking threw the jobs. I found about four veterinarian assistants and two zoologists' jobs open, I circled them quickly. I loved animals and I thought it would be so cool to be able to work with some.

I looked over and I was still waiting on my avalanche. That was the bad thing about this seclusive restaurant; it took forever to get your order. As soon as I looked down again I heard someone put a glass down on my table. I looked up and saw that my drink had arrived, I guess I spoke too soon.

"This ones on the house," The waiter said.

"Thank you so much!"

I began to drink my avalanche and all of a sudden I heard this loud thump noise, I had no idea what it was. I looked next to me and my purse was gone so I looked around. On the floor was a guy that was just getting up from the ground and my purse was underneath his foot. He must have tripped over my oversized zebra purse that must have fallen on the ground while I looked for my order.