Status: Complete

Here I Am, Once Again, I'm Torn Into Pieces

Genuine Assistant

“I can offer you a job right now!” He smiled and then I looked at him, I was confused. What job openings did he know about; he already is a rich actor from Britain. He doesn't need any money; if he does then he has something wrong with him.

“And what is it?” I asked him and I quickly scanned all of the jobs still in the newspaper that I didn't circle. And I didn't see anything else in my interest, so I probably wasn't going to take his offer.

“I've been looking for a genuine assistant that isn't one of those crazy girls that freak out every time I look there way. Would you like to be my assistant? I assure you that I won't boss you around. I basically just need you to help me when I'm on set or have to go to another country for awhile. If it would be too awkward for you, I can look for someone else to hire?” Rob offered me and my jaw almost dropped wide open. It was a surprising thing and I almost didn't believe it, but I was sitting right next to Rob. He was offering me to be his assistant and I really needed this job for the money. Derek always paid the apartment and the utilities bills, so I was stuck.

“You mean I will probably be in the tabloids with you almost every week and I have to deal with the paparazzi every time I am seen with you outside in public?” I claimed thinking of all of the crazy things I would be getting myself into if I did accept the job. I didn't really care, it was just shocking that this was being offered to me right after Derek fooled around with a stuck up super model.

“So... Is that a yes or a no?” Rob responded looking confused by my words. I looked at him for one long second and I nodded my head shyly. It was something awesome that was happening to me and I was grateful.

“It's a hell yes!” I laughed and I smiled at him. I was happy now and it was all because of Rob, he was a life saver. I didn't know Rob was going to be this nice and I am glad I have met him.

“Well here's my cell phone number,” He whispered pulling out a pin from his pocket and he gently took my hand. Which did send tingles through my arm and I jumped a little bit, it shocked me. On the palm of my right hand was his cell phone number scribbled out into his sloppy handwriting.

“Um... I better give you mine as well. Can I borrow your pen?” I said, he nodded towards me and I grabbed his pen from his grasp. I grabbed his hand and I held it down lightly. I started to gently write my cell phone number on his right palm. I stopped writing my cell phone number and I looked at it for one second, I quickly added a weak heart at the end of my last digit. I let go of his hand and I smiled shyly while looking at his face. He looked at his hand, once he looked up he didn't say anything and I frowned.

“Well, I ah better be going. Since I got the job, I guess you can call me when I start," I smiled as fake as I could and I stood up from the booth seat. He looked at me quickly and followed me.

“Yeah, I'll call you as soon as I get a chance to go home. It was nice meeting you Jessica, bye!” Rob smiled and he held out his hand, I shook it slowly. Then all of a sudden he pulled me into a soft hug and I smiled. I was glad he hugged me because I needed one, it was comforting.

“Bye...” I replied as I waved goodbye to him. I turned around quickly and I walked closer to the door, where Tony was laughing at me.

“Ha-ha-ha! What's so funny?” I questioned him while I stood there for a second. I reached out and I punched his arm painlessly. He was such a pest when you didn't want him to be.