Saving Grace

Pop Tarts

Brian decided to just give up on Aubrey. He was using her as a distraction to get over Michelle. She was a challenge for him, but going after a married woman, and possibly mother was not something he dealt with. That was just too much drama to even consider putting on his plate. He walked out of his kitchen with a plate of two pop tarts. He sat down on the couch and raised the frosted strawberry treat to his mouth and took a large bite. He turned on the television and flipped through the channels hoping to find something that interested him.

His search came up empty handed and soon he was done with the pop tarts. He placed the plate down on his coffee table, and then leaned back in the couch and closed his eyes. He couldn't believe his life had came down to this. Having a lonely dinner of pop tarts in the living room. This was normally the time he called Michelle, and pleaded with her to come back to him. He refused to do that though. He was done with her. Although he did need to phone her and let her know she no longer worked for him at his clothing line. He decided he might as well get that over with. He grabbed his cell phone from the table, and then strolled through the list of contacts. He was actually looking forward to letting Michelle go. Firing her would be a sign that he was completely letting her go this time.

Aubrey smiled as she walked inside the music store behind Chance. She had promised she would bring him over if he done good on his math test. He had score an eighty five percent, which was good in her eyes. She allowed him to go wild in the store as she made her way over to the recently released Cd's. She starred down at one of the Cd's. On the cover it had a skull, and what looked like bat wings. She shook her head as she read the name of the band.

It had been two days since Brian's call. She had been doing her best to rid her mind of him, but was finding that task extremely difficult. She knew nothing about this rock star, other than the fact that he was a big asshole. She didn't even want to know anything about him. But she had that nagging feeling in the back of her mind, which made her regret being so hateful towards him. Would it really have killed her to just have a conversation with the guy?

"Aunt Bre!" Chance yelled from across the store.

Aubrey walked over and looked at what held the boys attention. It was a flyer hanging on the wall. She read over it and learned it was a benefit show to help raise money for California schools to help with the music program. She scanned over the list of bands, and saw why Chance was so interested. Good Charlotte was playing, which happened to be his favorite band. But also, along with Good Charlotte was Papa Roach, Three Days Grace, and Avenged Sevenfold.

"Can we go? Please?!" Chance pleaded.

She ran her fingers through her hair, and studied the date. It was this weekend. She didn't want to tell him no, but she honestly didn't want to go and take a chance of running into Brian.

"I doubt tickets are still available, Chance."

"Of course they are! It's an open show! They are raising money, Aunt Bre! We gotta go!"

"We'll talk to your mom about it, okay?"

He pouted, "You know she hates concerts."

That was true. Malorie hated concerts due to the loud music giving her headaches. She also couldn't stand crowds. Aubrey always had to be the one to take him to concerts.

"We'll see, okay?"

"We got to go! I need to go!" He whined.

She half smiled, and then took him up front and placed his items on the counter. She frowned when she saw he picked out a Good Charlotte shirt and poster. He really loved that band, and she would hate to see him disappointed about not going just because she was scared to have a run in with Brian.

She decided that she shouldn't punish Chance. She stopped by the local ticket box, and ended up purchasing two tickets for the show. She learned it was an outside show, and the probability of her actually running into Brian Haner was very unlikely. Chance was more than happy with his aunt.

"Maybe this time I can get Benji's autograph!" Chance squealed out, "It said they would be signing autographs after the show." He said, remembering the text on the flyer.

"Maybe you can kid. We'll see, okay?"

"Thank you again, Aunt Bre! You're the best aunt in the whole wide world!" He said, pulling her into a hug.

She giggled, and watched as he ran upstairs quickly. She was suddenly very happy that she had done that for him.

Brian walked into the music studio and glanced over at his band mate Jimmy who was pounding his drum sticks against the table, as Matt played with the dog.

"What time is that gig this weekend?" Jimmy asked.

"What gig?" Brian questioned.

"The benefit." Matt announced, "Remember, the one for the kids? We're doing it with Good Charlotte, and some other bands."

"Since when?"

"Come on, Syn. Don't tell me you forgot?" Matt asked.

"Of course." Jimmy laughed, "He's been drunk for the past six months. You actually think he remembers gig dates?"

"Shut up." Brian said, shoving his friend.

Zacky and Johnny soon showed up and the guys decided on what songs they would do. They only had the stage for thirty minutes. They decided to do their most popular songs.

"So, it's on Saturday, right?" Zacky asked.

"Yup. It should be a good show. I hear the sales are amazing." Matt said.

Brian licked over his lips and thought about the show. It was local, which meant that Aubrey could possibly be coming. He smirked at that thought.