Saving Grace

Genius

She parked her car and sat in his drive way for several moments. She wasn't blown away by the house. It actually looked pretty normal. She was expecting some huge mansion with a private gate that she had to enter a code to get inside. It wasn't any of that at all. She sighed, and then decided she might as well get this over with. She opened her door, and locked her car up before walking towards the front door, and ringing the door bell.

Brian breathed in deeply as he heard the pounding on the door. He smiled, as he walked over and pulled the door open. Standing in front of him was a woman who took his breath away. Her hair was tied back into a pony tail, and she wasn't dressed up at all, but she looked absolutely amazing.

"Come in."

Aubrey walked inside the house and glanced around. It was much different than she was expecting. She had at first thought that it would be a total bachelor pad with garbage and cans of empty beer sitting everywhere. It was actually pretty clean.

"So, Aubrey, right?"

"Yeah."

"Do I call you that or do you have a nick name?" He asked.

She licked over her lips, and then raised a brow at him. He half smiled and she sighed.

"Some of my friends and family call me Bre for short."

"I like Bre."

She nodded her head, and he walked over to the couch. He patted a spot beside him. She slowly walked over and sunk down on the couch. There was still plenty of room between the two of them. She felt kind of self conscious and nervous sitting so close to him. She didn't know why. She hadn't really ever felt like this around a man. At least not since her teenage years.

"Aubrey. . . Bre, I really need to thank you." He said, after just a few minutes of silence.

She glanced over at him, and nodded her head. She would stay quiet and listen to what he had to say.

"You saved my life, and I was a total dick head to you. Even before you saved me I was a dick head. I really owe you."

"I told you. You don't owe me anything."

"I feel like I do. Bre, you really enlightened me."

"I enlightened you?" She asked, not really knowing what he meant.

He sighed, as he sunk back into his couch a bit more. The truth being her entrance in his life had changed him so much. She had not only saved him from dying, but she also saved him from the road he was going down.

"I was seriously going down a road that was going to eventually kill me, and you pretty much made me open my eyes."

"Really?" She asked, "All I did was drive you to the hospital."

He chuckled, "You did more than simply drive me to the hospital, trust me."

She smiled, "Well. . . I'm glad I could help, I guess." She said, softly giggling.

He grinned, and then leaned further back into the couch. It was a comforting feeling having her close to him. Even though he hardly knew her he felt like he was already connected to her in some way.

"So, were you trying to kill yourself?" She asked quietly, not even bothering to look at him.

"Not at all. I just thought I could take sleeping pills and mix them with alcohol."

"That's pretty stupid." She said looking over at him.

He laughed and then smiled. He pursed his lips for a moment, and then sighed.

"I never said I was a genius." He said, and then wanted to take back his sentence. He sounded like a smart ass.

"I never said you were either." She said, surprising him with her witty come back.

"I was just dealing with a lot of shit. The doctors put me on the sleeping pills because I hadn't been sleeping, and then I continued to drink with them. My friend Zacky tried to warn me, but I kind of shrugged him off."

"That was stupid. You should have listened to your friend."

"I should have, and I have since then. So, tell me more about yourself."

"What do you want to know?" She asked.

He licked over his lips and thought about everything he wanted to know about this girl. Other than her being in an Avenged Sevenfold video he didn't know anything about her at all. He started by asking her about her age and career. He was surprised to find out she was actually twenty two. She looked no older then nineteen. He was also surprised to find out she didn't even like modeling. She only did it every so often to help out a friend, she would rather work behind the scenes as a photographer.

"So, what about the kid you had at the show?"

"He's my nephew. My sister is a single parent, so I help when I can."

He nodded his head, and then she continued to explain how the only family she really had was Chance and Malorie. She didn't explain why, but he could tell it wasn't a good story.

"What about you? Who else lives with you?" She asked.

"No one at the moment. I just ended a relationship with my girlfriend/fiance."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

He chuckled, "Don't apologize. I walked in on her fucking some guy in my kitchen. I think she deserved it."

She laughed and shook her head. Her eyes traveled up to the clock on his entertainment center and realized she needed to be getting home.

"I should be going."

"So soon?"

"I need to fix Chance some dinner. He gets home from school in about an hour. Mal will also be getting home around that time."

Brian pouted, and she laughed, "You wanna join us for dinner, Brian?" She asked.

He cocked an eyebrow, "Are you inviting me on a date?" He asked.

"No, I'm just inviting you over to dinner as a friend."

"Smart ass."

"Takes one to know one. Now are you in or out?" She asked.

He smirked, "I'm in. Just let me grab some keys to my motorcycle and I'll follow you over, okay?"

She nodded her head and watched as he disappeared off into another room. She couldn't believe she had just offered for him to come over for dinner. What in the hell was she thinking?
♠ ♠ ♠
Image