Saving Grace

Guitar Guy

He drove through a Wendy's drive thru, which caused the teenage girl at the window to nearly have a heart attack upon seeing him. Aubrey hid behind her hair as he signed several napkins that people were handing out the window. Once he signed everyone's napkin autographs, he drove away from the fast food restaurant. He chuckled lightly as he watched her tuck some of her hair behind her ear. He had watched her hide, and thought it was absolutely adorable.

"You're embarrassed to be seen with me."

"Am not." She said.

"Then why did you just hide behind your hair."

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because I don't want any attention from anyone just because I'm in a vehicle with you."

Brian nodded his head and drove to a special place in silence. He was actually glad Aubrey didn't crave attention. In his past relationship, Michelle had loved being seen with him at every event she possibly could be. She also liked to flaunt the details of their relationship to anyone who would listen. She didn't even call him by his real name, she would call him Syn. He didn't mind being called Syn, but Brian was nice every now and then too.

He parked the car on a small hill that over looked the ocean. It was one of the many popular make out spots in California.

"Isn't this the hot make out spot for teenagers?"

"Hey," He interrupted her, "They might come for the nice view."

She laughed and rolled her eyes playfully. He began digging through the bags. He handed her what she had ordered and then began finding what he had ordered. He watched as she dipped a nugget in ranch and wasted no time before tossing it in her mouth. He liked the fact that she didn't nibble away on her food like most girls would do. She wasn't the least bit insecure.

"So, I have a question." She said, shifting a bit in the seat so she was looking at him.

He smirked and a million questions began going through his mind of what she could possibly ask him.

"Okay shoot."

"I got to thinking last night, and I could have swore your name sounded familiar, and then it hit me. . ."

He smirked. He liked where this conversation was going.

"Are you related to that guitar guy?" She asked.

He burrowed his brows together, "Huh?"

"That guitar guy on tour with Jeff Dunham. You know the guy with the puppets."

"That's my father." Brian stated, not really knowing what this had to do with anything.

"Really? He's pretty kick ass, and really funny!" She said.

He didn't say anything for a couple of minutes. He then realized that the question she wanted to ask was about her father, and had nothing to do with him. He wanted to bang his head against the dash board. Here he was thinking he had somehow impressed her, and it turns out the only thing she was impressed with was his father.

"So, let me get this straight. . . You think my father is kick ass, but yet you don't think I'm kick ass?"

She giggled, "Your father wasn't a dick to me."

"I had just woke up from a over dose. You got to cut me some slack."

"You were a dick before! When you pushed me down, speaking of pushing me down. . . You ruined my cell phone!" She said giggling about it.

"How did I ruin your cell phone?"

"Because! I went back after I left the hospital, and I found it with water damage from your broken liquor bottle."

"Why was your cell phone there to begin with?"

"You knocked me down and I must have left it when the crap in my purse scattered across the room."

He nodded his head, and he felt like a total asshole yet again. He vowed to himself that he would somehow make this up to her. He could probably start by buying her a new phone.

"I'll get you a new phone."

"I've already got one. Though thanks for the offer."

"Then I need to do something else."

"Brian, I was just kidding. Really, you don't have to do anything. I forgive you, okay?"

"No, I'm going to repay you." He said, and then glanced at the clock, "Shit, your lunch is almost over."

She frowned, "Yeah, it is."

"What time do you get off work?"

"About four. Why?"

"You wanna come to band practice this afternoon?"

"I don't know if that would be a good idea."

"Oh come on, Bre. What could it hurt?"

She sighed, and then nodded her head. He grinned, and began on his way back to the photographer studio. She didn't know why, but she had a bad feeling about going to the band practice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image