Saving Grace

Damage Control

Aubrey felt very insecure as she walked into the studio behind Brian. She looked around his shoulder and only saw guys sitting around the room. Could he be wrong about his ex girlfriend? Maybe it wasn't her car after all. She didn't even get the thought processed through her mind before a back door to the studio opened up and in walked three girls. Two of them had short blond hair, while another had a Carmel color with blond high lights. One of the blonds, and the Carmel colored one looked almost identical. The shorter haired blond walked over and sat down on the lap of a guy with snakebites. Aubrey swallowed hard, and could hear Brian groaned.

"Hey Syn." Johnny said, "Whose your friend?"

"This is Aubrey." He said, moving away and allowing her to become viewable to the crowd.

Zacky grinned and waved over to her. He was glad to see Syn hanging out with her. Brian looked over at Michelle and she had a grin splattered across her face, just as her twin sister Val did. Brian then allowed his gaze to shift to Matt. He looked extremely annoyed.

"So, we're going to start or not?" Matt asked, and Brian could tell he was defiantly annoyed now.

"I think we should get to know each other first. Don't you think, babe?" Valary suggested.

"Val, we have work to do."

"But Syn brought a guest. I think we should get to know her first. Don't you agree, Shell?"

"I sure do. I'd love to know who my fiance is fucking nowadays."

Brian shook his head, "I'm out of here." He said turning around, and grabbing Aubrey by the hand. He pulled her out of the studio, and they could hear foot steps behind them, but he really wasn't about to stop.

"Syn wait!" Matt hollered, as he followed him out.

"Matthew!"

"Shut the fuck up, Val!" He scolded, and walked over to Brian.

"I didn't know she invited Michelle until last minute." Matt continued

"It's fine, Matt. I'm just not staying around for them to bitch and disrespect myself or Bre."

"I know. Listen, give me a few minutes and I'll do some damage control, alright?"

Brian nodded his head and waited for Matt to go inside and do some damage control with his wife and sister in law. Brian shot Aubrey a look of sympathy.

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. You didn't know."

"Hey Syn!" Zacky said, coming outside and tugging behind him the short haired blond. "So, you're Syn's angel?" Zacky asked with a wink.

Aubrey laughed lightly, and then the short haired blond smiled at her and introduced herself as Gena. Gena seemed extremely nice and a lot different than the other two girls. They chatted for a few minutes as Brian and Zack talked a few feet away from them.

"You just got to ignore Michelle and Valary." Gena said, "They think they run the show. I promise all of the girlfriends aren't like that. Lacey and Leana are really nice."

Aubrey smiled, "I just figured they had some unfinished business."

"No, Zacky told me Brian pretty much ended everything. Michelle is just trying to play her old games again, and Val thinks because she's with Matt that she can pull some strings as well."

Aubrey talked to the girl a few more minutes before the tattooed lead singer came back out, and ushered the band inside. The studio was now vacant of the two twin sister's. Matt apologized to Aubrey, and then told her to make herself comfortable. She took a seat next to Gena, and watched as they all took their places and began to perform. She actually found herself enjoying the music.

"They are really good." Aubrey stated.

"Yeah. A lot more talented than they are given credit for." Gena said.

"So, how did you meet Zacky?"

Gena grinned, "I'm a hair stylist, and worked for his mom. He basically just came in one day and we've been together since."

Aubrey smiled. She really liked Gena. She seemed like a down to earth girl who just so happened to be dating a rock star. She watched as the guys practiced for over two hours before quitting. They then all grabbed themselves a beer and took seats across the room.

"So, you're name is Bre, right?" Johnny asked.

She smiled, remembering he was the one who had helped her collect the items from her purse.

"Yeah."

"It's nice to meet you. You know, when Syn hasn't got you pushed down on the floor."

Brian frowned, but Aubrey laughed it off. It seemed like those days were years ago, even though they weren't. She found herself getting to know Brian on a new level. He was much more than simply just one of the best guitar players of her time. He was more than Synyster Gates.

"Thanks for saving him." The Rev said, "I'm sure we could have replaced him, but that would have took at least a day or so." He joked.

Everyone laughed including Brian. He sat down beside Aubrey, and his arm snaked around the back of the couch, and slowly came down on her shoulder. He felt like a lame teenager going on his first date. It was amazing how she could make him feel by doing absolutely nothing.

"So, are you two dating?" Matt asked.

"No." She answered a lot quicker than he would have liked.

"Just friends." Brian said, wishing he could say it was something more.

He didn't know when it happened, but he was really falling for this girl. She was not only beautiful on the outside but on the inside as well. She was a lot different than the type of girl he was used to dating.

The rest of the evening was spent socializing with the band. She found the guys really down to earth and nice. She ended up connecting best with Matt and Zacky.

As Brian drove her back to her vehicle, she learned a bit more about everyone. She learned that most of the guys had been with their girls for a long time. She also learned that Matt and Val were having problems. Most of the problems were because of Michelle, and Val not being able to just separate her sister from her marriage.

"So, I'll see you soon?" Brian asked.

"If you want."

"Lunch again tomorrow?"

She smiled, and nodded her head. She exited his vehicle, and then climbed inside hers. She let off a giddy sigh.

She was falling for Brian Haner Jr.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just wanted to say that I don't really have anything against Michelle or Valary (especially her, I actually really like her) -- But for the purposes of this story, they needed to be the villain.

Image