Saving Grace

Nikki Sixx

Aubrey walked inside the house went directly for the kitchen. She began sorting through the cabinets, looking for something to fix for dinner. She ended up deciding on making tacos. It was something she could toss together easily, and without much effort. Walking into the living room, she grabbed a hair tie from the table, and tossed her long hair up so it wouldn't get into the food. She then returned back to the kitchen and began preparing dinner.

Brian walked down the stairs of Matt's house. It was weird that Val wasn't around any longer. She had moved out a week ago. Matt was handling the divorce a lot better than Brian would have originally thought. They hadn't even been married a year before they decided to call it quits. Brian had always knew they shouldn't be together. He just hoped that one day she would still consider them all a friend. Deep down, she was still a good person. He just believed Michelle had corrupted her mind.

"So, you're going over Aubrey's?"

"Yeah."

"You really like her. Don't you?"

Brian ran a hand through his hair. He did like her. He liked her a lot. He didn't know if he was ready to admit it or not though.

"It's okay, Syn. You don't have to say it. I already know you do." Matt laughed.

"She's just different."

"She's a nice girl." Matt stated, "Actually, I could see you with a girl like her."

"Really?" Brian asked.

He was looking forward to hearing what Matt had to say. They had been good friends for many years, and Matt defiantly knew what he was looking for in a woman.

Matt nodded, "You need someone who isn't hung up with this lifestyle. You also need someone who wants to know Brian Haner, not Synyster Gates."

"Yeah, Bre has never called me Synyster."

"And I doubt she ever will."

Brian shrugged his shoulder's. He wouldn't mind staying and chatting a bit longer with Matt, but he really needed to be going. He said his farewell's to his friend and walked out and climbed into his truck. He was looking forward to seeing Aubrey.

Aubrey had everything placed on the table waiting for the arrival of Malorie and Brian. Chance had caught a ride home with one of his friends mother's. He was sitting at the table focusing hard on his math home work.

"I hate Math, I'd rather be a famous guitar player instead."

"Well, listen Nikki Sixx, let's focus on getting through grade school first, okay?"

"Syn is teaching me stuff. I'm going to be just like him when I'm older."

Aubrey rolled her eyes lightly, as she placed a few plates around the table. The door from the living room opened up and she heard Malorie's heels clicking against the floor as she walked inside. Chance leaped up from the seat and pounced on his mother, smothering her in a hug.

"Hey kiddo." Malorie said, ruffling his hair, "Did you do your home work?"

"Why don't you women understand?" Chance groaned, "I told you, I'm going to be a famous guitar player."

Malorie laughed, and before she could say anything the door bell rang. Chance wasted no time in leaping forward to go answer it. Malorie sat down, as Aubrey began placing food on the table.

Chance pulled Brian into the kitchen, and he smirked as he saw Aubrey placing some food on the table. He took a seat, and Aubrey got everyone something to drink. The girls were quiet most of the dinner. Chance kept questioning Brian about what he would teach him next on guitar.

After everyone ate dinner they all went in separate directions. Malorie, who was exhausted after a long day of working the bar went upstairs to relax in a bubble bath. Chance forced Brian to teach him a few things on the guitar, and Aubrey began cleaning up the kitchen.

An hour or so probably passed before she heard foot steps coming down the stairs. She didn't even bother turning around to see who it was. She just assumed it was Malorie. Usually when Chance took Brian into his room, he didn't get to leave for at least three hours. She turned around and her eyes widened slightly seeing Brian leaned against the door way watching her, with a smirk upon his lips.

"What happened to you corrupting my nephew into becoming a guitar player?" She asked.

He chuckled, "Mal came and told him he needed to finish reading a book for school and then hit the sack. He's got a test or something tomorrow."

"Oh, okay."

"So, what are you doing?" He asked, walking over to where she was standing.

She laughed, and then held up a rag. "Cleaning."

"That's no fun. Let's go do something."

"Like what?" She asked, her brows meeting in the middle, a bit confused.

"I'll think of something. Come on!"

She laughed and then sighed. She had to work at eight in the morning, but she decided to have a little fun. What could it hurt?
♠ ♠ ♠
I have AWESOME news everyone. My friend Jena, who created the character Sydney, has decided to do a spin off of this story, from Sydney's POV. It'll be her story with Matt! So, I suggest you check her story out. She's an amazing author!

http://stories.mibba.com/read/216950/Falling-For-You/