Saving Grace

Shooting Star

An hour later she and Brian were driving around aimlessly. She didn't know where he was taking her, but she also wasn't going to ask. She liked surprises, and didn't want to ruin anything. She starred out the dark tint of the windows and watched as the California scenery passed her by.

Brian looked over at her and smiled. She looked really beautiful, and he was looking forward to spending some real time with her. He had spent the past few weeks around her, but it seemed like they never really got any real time together. It was usually on a time crunch due to her needing to get back to work, or they were always around someone else, whether it was her family or his band mates. He just needed some time alone with her to see how deep these feelings ran.

"The over look?" She asked, looking towards him a crooked smile on her lips.

He chuckled, "It's got a great view." He replied.

She nodded her head and returned back to gazing out the window. He was right. The over look did have an amazing view. It was on the very top of one of the mountains in California, and you could see the entire city if you looked down. It was also known as a popular make out spot among teenagers. She nibbled slightly on her bottom lip as she thought about spending this time with Brian. She hadn't spent much one on one time with him.

"Wow, look at those stars." He whispered. She didn't know if it was only meant for him to hear or if it was meant for her as well.

She looked out the wind shield and her mouth parted. The sky was lit up with amazing sparkling stars. There didn't seem to be a haze or a cloud in sight. Brian parked the car, and opened his door. He didn't waste any time in getting out to have a better look. She followed his suite, and climbed out as well. She walked over and stood beside him and gazed up at the lovely dark sky.

"I haven't done this in a long time." He admitted.

"What?" She asked, "Look at the stars?"

"Yeah, sometimes. . ." He didn't want to say 'when you become famous', so he decided to word his sentence a bit different, "Sometimes you just forget to pay attention to the small things."

She nodded her head, "Sometimes you're too busy to notice."

"Is that a rock star insult?" He laughed.

She looked at him with a half smile displaying across her lips. She then laughed slightly, "For once, it wasn't." She said, chewing slightly on her bottom lip, "Every one loses track of time, and allows small things slip by. They get so caught up in life, they don't notice the small things. I too, haven't paid attention to the stars in a long time."

"Well, I'm glad I brought you here."

"Me too." She whispered.

They stood there for a long time without saying a word, both of them just kept looking at the sky. Aubrey's eyes focused on something moving in the sky. She figured it was probably a plane at first, but then decided against that theory. She closed her eyes and reopened them wondering if she had just been imagining it.

"Holy shit. Look, it's a shooting star." Brian said, seeming to focus on the same thing she was.

She watched as it continued to travel across the sky. She was memorized by it.

"Hurry, make a wish." He said, noticing she was just starring.

She giggled, but closed her eyes and made a wish. Once she was finished she reopened her eyes, and watched the shooting star disappear out of her sight.

"What did you wish for?" Brian asked.

"I can't tell you." She said, turning to face him.

"Oh come on. I'll tell you what I wished for."

"Better not," She warned, "If you do it won't come true."

He laughed and then shook his head. He had wished that eventually the two of them would get together. Just being around her tonight had proved to him that the feelings he had for her ran deep. He had never been like this around a woman. He watched as a yawn escaped her lips. Pulling the cell phone from his pocket he discovered that it was after midnight.

"I should be getting you home. You work in the morning."

"I guess you should."

"And then tomorrow evening you're coming to band practice, right?"

She smiled, "I guess so."

"Why don't you invite Syd as well."

"Okay, I'll ask her."

"You know she'll come. I'm just wondering what she'll drop when she meets the rest of the guys."

Aubrey shoved him playfully and then walked over and climbed back inside the truck. Things were quiet between the two of them as they drove back to Aubrey's house. She didn't say anything until he turned down her street.

"So, don't you guys have a tour planned soon?"

"Nope." Brian replied, "Not until we finish the next album. This is sort of our down time."

"Oh, okay." She said.

He pulled into her drive way, and she said her goodbyes to him. She sighed. Just because he wasn't going on tour soon didn't mean that one day he wouldn't. She didn't do well with goodbyes, and was scared if she got any closer to Brian then it would only led to her heart being broke. But for some reason, she couldn't walk away from him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Remember to read Jena's story from Syd's POV!