Saving Grace

Controlling And Abusive

They arrived at Brian's house about twenty minutes later. She hopped out of his large truck and walked towards his door. She waited patiently for him to fumble with the several keys on his holder, eventually he found the correct one and opened the house. She walked in first with him following slowly behind her. A dog came bouncing down the stairs, barking and growling, but once it saw Brian it calmed down.

"Hey Pinkly." He said, petting the dog on the head.

He turned around to face Aubrey once the dog had settled down. He ran a hand through his hair, wondering how he was suppose to approach the topic they needed to talk about. He just needed to know if she had feelings for him. He was sure she did, but he wanted to be positive before he got himself involved with her.

"Let's go sit down." Brian offered.

She sat down beside him on the couch and watched as he lit up a cigarette. It was a habit of his she hadn't really caught on to til now. She had only saw him smoke a few times since she had met him. She pursed her lips together as she looked over at him wondering what he was thinking about. He was puffing away on the cigarette not really saying anything. His brown eyes seemed to be locked on the coffee table in front of him.

"Say something!" She laughed.

He laughed and then took a few more puffs from the cigarette before putting it out in an ash tray. He then leaned back in the couch, and looked over at her.

"So, do you like this conceited rock star or what?" He asked.

She giggled, "Are you serious, Brian?"

"What do you mean am I serious?"

"You're asking me if I like you? Isn't that kind of. . . I don't know, high school."

"Just answer the question." He smirked.

"If I didn't would I have kissed you?" She questioned him with a sly smile.

He chuckled, "Whose being the smart ass now?"

She laughed, and watched as he scooted closer to her. She felt comfortable with him being so close. He leaned his head over and pressed his mouth against hers briefly. She could taste the cigarette on his lips, but she didn't mind. After a short while of kissing, he pulled away from her and laughed.

"Do you know what you're getting yourself into?" He asked.

"I don't think so." She giggled.

He smirked, and then laid down on the couch and placed his legs on her lap. She huffed, as he grabbed a pillow and placed it behind his head.

"My new girlfriend makes an excellent foot prop."

"Oh, is that so?" She asked sarcastically.

He chuckled, "It is so."

She rolled her eyes, and breathed in deeply. She couldn't believe she and Brian were now dating. She didn't even know if she was ready for that or not, but clearly she was dating him whether she was ready or not. Was she even the type of girl he should be dating? Shouldn't he be dating some hot shot celebrity like himself?

He straightened up and placed his arm around her shoulder. She had been quiet for a few minutes, and he knew she was thinking about something.

"You sure you wanna date me?" She asked.

"What?" He asked, completely confused.

"I'm not really the stereotype rock star girlfriend, Brian."

"I'm well aware of that."

"I don't go to parties. I don't wear designer clothes. I'm not really into the cameras and attention."

"I know, Bre. I don't expect you to be."

She looked over at him and smiled. He was a different person than from the person she had met so many weeks ago on the photo shoot.

"Okay then. Just making sure you know."

He laughed, "That's some of the things I adore most about you, silly." He said, leaning over and kissing her on the cheek.

She smiled, "Oh really? What else do you like about me?"

He smirked, and then reached down and intertwined his fingers with hers. Her hand was so small compared to his. There was so many things he absolutely adored about her. Listing them would take all night.

"I like how open minded and out spoken you are. I like how you could care less about what people think about you. I love how you don't take shit from me, or anyone else. I also like that I can be myself around you."

She smiled, "Is that it?" She asked.

He licked over his dry lips, and leaned in close to her. "I also love the fact that you're my saving grace." He whispered, before pressing his lips against hers.

She was surprised he had said something so impacting and sweet. She couldn't help but to smile into the kiss, as she placed her hands on the back of his neck. She didn't know how long they just sat there kissing, but by the time she looked at the clock on his entertainment center it was after midnight.

"It's so late." She murmured.

"You're just a pansy."

"I'm suppose to work tomorrow."

"I said you were calling in."

She giggled, "Oh, am I? Let me guess, you're going to be one of those controlling boyfriends."

He smirked, "No, but I just think I should be able to spend a day with my new girlfriend. I'm sure Steve wouldn't mind you phoning in."

"I guess not." She sighed, "But I should be getting home then. It's late."

"Why?" He mumbled, "Can't you just stay here?"

"I am not sleeping with you after two hours of being your girlfriend!"

"What's so bad with sleeping with me?"

"Brian!"

"I mean, we lay under the covers, close our eyes, drift off to dream land. . ."

"You know what I meant!" She said, playfully slapping his arm.

"So, I'm controlling, but you're abusive?"

"Ugh!"

He chuckled softly, and pulled her close to him, and held her there. He breathed in her intoxicating scent and knew he wasn't ready to let her go. He needed her to be near him, even if it was just for the night.

"Just stay with me tonight. I promise, no funny business."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. You better not try, remember. Abusive one here." She said, pointing to herself.

He chuckled, as he took her by the hand and led her up to his bedroom. Even though there would be no action involved, he was happy to just be sleeping near her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image