Saving Grace

Bullied

Aubrey sighed as Brian fumbled with the knobs on her radio. She was waiting for Chance to exit the school, and dreading when he saw who was in the passenger side. She knew he would squeal out with excitement. She just wished she would have invested in tinted windows prior.

"What are you so edgy about?" Brian asked.

"I just think our car is going to get swarmed by a bunch of little kids, no biggie."

He laughed, "A majority of those kids don't know who I am."

"But still some do." She pouted.

"Get used to it." He smirked, "We were gonna have a show this weekend, but we canceled due to Matt." He informed her.

"A show? I thought you didn't have a tour for awhile. . ."

"We don't have a tour for awhile, but we're still playing a few shows around Cali until we get the album finished."

She nodded her head and planned on questioning him more about the shows, but the kids coming out of the school caught her attention. She saw Chance coming their way and she bit down on her bottom lip praying he didn't make a big deal out of who was inside the car. She sighed with relief when he climbed inside the back seat. Then she frowned noticing he hadn't said a word, which seemed to be very unlike himself. She pulled out onto the road and then decided to question him about why he was being so quiet.

"What's wrong, Chance?" She asked.

"Nothing." He muttered.

"Oh come on, Kid. You can tell me."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Chance."

"I don't want to talk about it!" He yelled.

They arrived home, and before Aubrey even stopped the car Chance flung the door open and ran inside the house. She sighed, and Brian looked over at her with a frown. She really didn't know what to do with her nephew. As she and Brian entered the house he grabbed her by the arm, and stopped her.

"How about you put some dinner on, and I'll go talk to him." Brian suggested.

"You think he'll talk to you?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Okay. I guess it's worth a shot."

He leaned down and pressed his mouth against hers, savoring the taste knowing it might be awhile before he got to kiss her again. He had a feeling Chance's problem was going to take awhile to fix.

Aubrey walked into the kitchen and began putting supper on. She had thought about phoning Malorie and letting her know something was wrong with Chance, but she decided to wait and see if Brian could fix things. She really didn't know what to think about him. He had never acted like that towards her.

By the time she finished dinner, Brian was walking down the stairs with Chance. He came over and hugged Aubrey, and then looked up at her with big blue eyes, "I'm sorry for yelling at you Aunt Bre."

"It's okay, is everything alright now?"

"Yeah. Everything is fine. I'm just going to take my dinner up to my room and eat while I play video games, okay?"

She nodded her head and watched as he took his plate and headed up the stairs. She turned to face Brian with confusion swept across her face. "What did you do?"

"I talked to him. He's getting bullied at school."

"What did you say?"

"I dealt with it, Bre."

"Brian. . ."

"I'm picking him up from school tomorrow. By myself. . . Is that okay? You think Mal will have a problem with that?"

"Brian!"

"He was talking about me teaching him guitar, and this older kid started picking on him and saying he didn't know anyone in Avenged Sevenfold. I'm just going to show up, and squash the shit, okay?"

"You can't beat up grade schoolers. You know that right?" She said, a slight smile displaying across her lips.

He grinned as he walked over and pulled her into a hug. He couldn't believe he was feeling so close to her after such a short amount of time. It surprised the hell out of him, that he could feel this way about someone period. He leaned down and pressed his mouth against hers.

"So, I also convinced him to stay upstairs and give us some alone time together. . ." He whispered.

Her mouth dropped, "And how did you do that?" She questioned, with a slight laugh.

"I have ways." Brian chuckled, bringing his lips down on hers yet again.

Aubrey just surrendered to his kiss and loved the time she was spending with him. She knew alone time might be very hard to find with them, especially when he went on tour. She would need to take advantage of every minute she had with him now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image