Saving Grace

Gutter

Aubrey walked down the stairs and saw Malorie standing there with her eyebrows arched in the middle. She sighed, as she ran a hand through her hair. "Where's Chance?"

"He just ran out into the back yard." Malorie said, "I asked where he was going and he said to the swings."

"He just walked in on Brian and I having sex."

"WHAT?" Malorie said, "Oh my God! I am so sorry, Bre! I didn't even think about that. Fuck, I sent him up there because he got an A on the poster he had done. He was so proud and wanted to show you. I didn't know you two were. . . Was he good?" Malorie asked.

"Mal!"

"Right, shit. What do we do? I have no clue how to talk to him about this!"

This was one of those times when Aubrey realized how young of a mother Malorie was. Even though she was caring, sweet, and took excellent care of Chance, she still had no idea how to handle situations like this. Aubrey didn't have the slightest clue ever.

"Does he uh. . . know about sex?" Aubrey asked.

"He's eight!" Malorie hissed.

"Kids are starting early nowadays, Mal. Maybe we should talk to him about it."

"Did he see anything?" Malorie asked.

"He saw me on top of Brian. I'm pretty sure the poor kid got an eye full, and a vision he can't even burn out of his memory."

"Why didn't you lock the door?" Malorie mumbled, as she walked over to the door and hollered for Chance to come in.

By this time, Brian had dressed and came down as well. Malorie shook her head, but had a smile on her face as she looked at him. She wasn't mad at them for not locking the house. It was just as much Aubrey's house as it was hers. She just wished Chance was more considerate. He normally knocked before entering a room, especially one of the girls bedrooms, but he had been too excited about his grade to care.

Chance walked in and his eyes went wide as he ran over to Brian and hugged him. Everyone looked at each other confused.

"You're still alive!" Chance said, looking up at him.

"Of course, I am, kid." Brian said, completely confused.

"I thought aunt Aubrey was killing you and sucking your soul out." He admitted.

Aubrey's mouth dropped, and Malorie and Brian both laughed rather loudly.

"Chance, come here." Malorie said.

He walked over and sat down on his mother's lap. She ran her hand over his head and sighed.

"Aunt Bre, and Brian were doing grown up things." Malorie explained, "It was suppose to be private and just between the two of them."

"What kind of grown up things?"

"Just. . . grown up things. You don't need to worry about it for awhile." Malorie explained.

"Aunt Aubrey was naked, and sitting on Syn's lap."

Aubrey felt herself blush as she thought about the situation she had just put herself in. She didn't know if she would ever be able to look at her nephew again.

"You just need to knock before you walk into Aunt Aubrey's room again. That's a rule remember?" Malorie reminded him.

"I didn't see her boobs, Mom." Chance said remembering how he had walked in on his mom changing when he was just four years old and she had scolded him, "Syn had his hands on those." He finished his statement.

Brian couldn't help but to smirk, as Aubrey turned to the brightest red shade. She couldn't believe Chance had witnessed that much. She was so embarrassed.

"Let's just. . . you got to remember to knock, okay?"

"I will mom. I'm just glad Aunt Aubrey didn't hurt him. They were making noises, and I really thought she was beating him up." Chance sighed.

Malorie excused him to go play and when he exited the room she started laughing, along with Brian.

"This isn't funny." Aubrey sighed.

"It is funny," Mal stated, "He doesn't even realize it was sex, Aubrey. It's no big deal."

"I agree with Mal, babe. No big deal."

"No big deal? You two do realize he walked in on me having sex-- but he doesn't even realize I was doing that. He thinks I was trying to kill someone. Doesn't that bother either of you just a tiny bit?" Aubrey asked.

"That would be the fucking best way to die." Brian muttered.

She looked over at him and groaned, "I need a shower." She muttered climbing the stairs.

He smirked, "Yeah, go shower dirty girl. I need to find my boxers anyways."

"Enough information!" Malorie said shaking her head, "Even though I think it's funny when my kid walks in on you two having sex, doesn't mean I want to hear about it! Keep those intimate details to yourselves, and please, for God's sake, lock the damn door." Malorie said, walking out of the room.

Aubrey looked at him and shook her head, "That was horrible."

"Really? I thought it was pretty damn good." He smirked.

"I'm not talking about the sex, Brian! Get your head out of the gutter."

"We still need to finish."

"Finish what?"

"The sex!"

"Shut up. I'm going to go shower, and I swear to God, if you mention this to anyone. . . I will string you up by your guitar strings!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Image