Saving Grace

Telling Brian

Aubrey honestly didn't know how to approach the topic. How do you tell your current boyfriend that your ex, who basically beat you to a bloody pulp, was now calling you again? She knew Brian could have an anger problem when he wanted, and she knew this would probably make him extremely pissed off.

"What's bothering you, Bre?" He asked, "Is it the tour, baby?"

She shook her head, "No, I'm not worried about the tour anymore."

"Then what is it?" He questioned, "You know you can tell me anything."

"I had a message on the answering machine today." She said, biting down nervously on her bottom lip.

"What kind of message?" He asked.

"From Jason."

He racked his brain for that name. He knew it sounded familiar but he just couldn't put his finger on it. Was Jason a cousin? relative of some sort? friend? And then he felt every muscle in his body tighten when he realized Jason was the name of the ex boyfriend who nearly beat her to death.

"What did he want?" He spat.

She decided that honesty was her best option. She didn't want Brian to mistrust her, so she decided to tell him everything Jason had said.

"He said he cleaned up his act, missed me, and needed to see me. Bri. . . I'm scared." She said, looking over at him.

She knew how desperate and dangerous Jason became in the end of their relationship. He got addicted to drugs, and when he wanted. . . needed something then he had no limit he wouldn't break to get it. That's why he beat her half to death. She had refused to give him any money for his drugs. He then proceeded to beat her up, and steal every dime she had.

"He's not coming anywhere near you, and if he even tries then he's going to deal with me." Brian said, in a much darker voice than she was used to.

"I don't want you to think you have to protect me, Bri. I can handle myself." She really didn't want him getting hurt over her, if it came down to violence.

"It's my job to protect you, Bre! You're my fucking girlfriend. That psycho idiot isn't coming anywhere near you. I'll see to that."

She half smiled and nodded her head. She could tell he wasn't one to be argued with on this topic. He felt like he needed to protect her. He sighed loudly, and then shook his head.

"If he comes near you, and I'm not around. Promise me, that you'll call me as soon as possible."

"I promise." She whispered.

"I'm serious, Bre. I mean as soon as that fucker comes around you call me with the location on where your at."

"I will."

"If he knows whats good for him he'll stay away from you."

Aubrey nodded her head. Brian was very angry right now and she had honestly never saw this side of him. She really didn't know what to say or do. She just sat there, starring at the ground. She heard a sigh beside her and then felt his arm wrap around her and pull her close to him.

"I'm sorry if I sound angry. I am, but it's not at you, okay?"

"Okay."

"I just. . . Bre, I love you and I'm not about to sit around and let some asshole who hurt you before, come back into the picture."

She smiled up at him hearing him say those three little words. Those three words that would make most women go weak in their knees when he spoke them.

"You love me?" She whispered.

"Of course." He said, leaning down and pressing his lips against hers. "I love you very much. Why wouldn't I love you? You're the most amazing person I've ever met in my life."

She smiled, and then wrapped her tiny arms around his neck and clinged onto him.

Love.

That one word meant so much. It gave her so much hope and faith in their relationship. It made her more confident in herself, and it make her heart soar with happiness.

"Brian. . ."

"What baby?" He asked.

He was kind of sad she didn't say it back when he had said it. Part of him expected it, while another part thought it might be too early. It was a chance he was willing to take.

"I love you." She whispered, leaning up and kissing him softly on the lips. Stopping all of his thoughts immediately.

He chuckled, as he pulled away from her lips. "You do, huh?"

She giggled, "I do."

"You know what you're getting yourself into when you decide to love a man like me?"

She laughed, and rolled her eyes, "No." She sighed, "But I'm sure it'll be one hell of a ride."

He smirked, and then broke out into laughter, "That is true." He said, leaning over and kissing her softly on the lips.

Her cell phone started ringing from her pocket, breaking them from their kiss. Brian groaned, as she pulled the phone from her pocket. Her eyebrows were twisted in confusion as she glanced down.

"Private caller." She mumbled.

"Here, let me answer."

She handed him the phone and he flipped it open.

"Uh. Hello, is Aubrey there?"

"Who is this?" Brian asked.

"Jason."

"Oh, well then. Jason." He spat, with venom in his words. "This is her boyfriend Brian. I would suggest never calling back my girlfriend again. Do not come near her, or I will take matters into my own hands." Brian threatened before hanging up the phone.

"It was him?" She asked.

"You're getting a new phone." Brian sighed, "You're going on my account, and getting your number changed."

"Bri. . ."

"Don't Bri me, Bre. He's not fucking contacting you again."

She nodded her head, and hoped to salvage the rest of her night with Brian.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image