Saving Grace

Freddy Kruger

Aubrey walked into the house and heard a loud squeal of laughter coming from the kitchen. She smiled, as she tossed her purse down on the couch and walked inside the room. She leaned against the door frame and watched as her sister tickled Chance, until he was nearly down on the tiled floor, screaming out that he was about to wet himself. Malorie let her son get up and he saw Aubrey and rushed over to her, pulling her into a huge hug and then darting off into another part of the house. Aubrey laughed.

"How was the video? I tried calling you just a few minutes ago to see if you were on your way home."

"You tried calling me?" Aubrey asked.

"Yeah. I was going to see how close you were to being finished so I could put dinner on."

Aubrey burrowed her brows together. She had been on the road for thirty minutes and hadn't once heard her cell phone ring. She wondered if she had placed it on vibrate as she walked over to the couch and picked up her bag. She stuck her hand inside and fumbled around for the device. She didn't seem to be finding it anywhere, so she poured the contents of her purse out on the couch. She looked down and didn't see it anywhere.

"Fuck." She cursed a bit loudly.

Malorie walked into the room and glanced over at her sister, "What's wrong?" Aubrey was now placing her contents back inside her purse and sighing loudly.

"That damned idiot bumped into me and I dropped my purse. Shit went everywhere, and now I've lost my new fucking phone."

"It's probably just on the floor in the room where you dropped the purse." Malorie stated.

Aubrey groaned, "Yeah. I need to go look for it. I didn't just pay two hundred dollars for a phone to lose it two weeks later. I'll be back in a bit. They have a all night security watch, so I should be able to get in."

"Be careful." Malorie told her.

Aubrey nodded her head and slipped on a light jacket, and then grabbed her car keys and headed out the front door. She couldn't believe she was having to do this. Why couldn't that stupid idiot just watch where he walked instead of knocking down everyone in his path? She cursed slightly as she opened up the car door and climbed inside. Driving thirty minutes to go get her phone was not something she was looking forward to doing.

When she finally arrived at the building she looked around and saw two other vehicles in the parking lot. She assumed they were security and stepped out. She locked her car up and then began walking towards the entrance. She smiled softly at the large man at the door. He was still in the same spot as he had been earlier.

"I kind of forgot my phone here." She said.

"You're one of the video girls, right?"

She wanted to tell him she wasn't exactly a video girl, but she knew she couldn't She was actually considered a 'video girl' now. At least an Avenged Sevenfold video girl. She nodded her head, and he opened the door. "Lights are all off, be careful. I think someone still may be in there."

She walked inside and down towards the dimly lit hallway. It was a bit creepy walking down a hallway with no sounds, and hardly any light. It reminded her of the Freddy Kruger movies for some reason. She licked over her lips and then finally arrived at the locker room. She opened the door, and walked inside. Before she even had a chance to look for her cell phone, something else caught her attention. It was the male laid out on the couch with his head tilted back, and his eyes closed. There was also had a bottle of Jack Daniel's broken beside the couch. It looked like he had dropped it due to his hand hanging slightly over the edge of the couch.

She knew something wasn't right. It didn't take a genius to figure that out. She slowly walked over and bent down to his level. She tapped him slightly on the shoulder, hoping to watch him up. He didn't budge.

"Hello?" She said, a bit louder.

She didn't know why but she had the urge to reach down and cheek his pulse. Her eyes went wide when she realized how slow it was. A few things became apartment as she rushed out of the room and down the hallway in search of the security guy. She was well aware that this man might not have much longer to live. She was guessing he had either overdosed, or possibly decided to commit suicide. She was also aware that her cell phone didn't even matter at a time like this. Nor did her earlier hard feelings for this guy matter.

She slung the door open and the large security guard looked at her with fear in his eyes.

"I uh. . . I think he's dead!" She managed to say.

The man took off running in the same direction as she had. She walked inside the locker room behind the large man and watched as he walked over and slapped the rock star across the face. He wasn't responding to anything.

"You need to take him to the hospital right now!" The man demanded.

"I do?" Aubrey asked, as the man picked the tattooed rocker up in his arms with little effort.

"Yes! Come on!"

"Can't we call an ambulance?" Aubrey asked, as she rushed down the hallway.

"By the time the ambulance arrived this entire area would be swamped with paparazzi, so no."

"Shouldn't you take him? I don't even know him!"

"I have to stay here!"

Aubrey groaned, as she walked over to her car and unlocked it for the large security man.

"His name is Brian Haner Jr, and there is a hospital about three miles down the road. Go!"

She couldn't believe she was actually doing this. Why couldn't the security guard have taken him? Why couldn't they just call an ambulance like normal people? She zoomed down the streets with her emergency blinkers on. It didn't take long before she was parked in front of the emergency area of the hospital. She slung the driver door open and rushed inside and to the front desk. She explained that she might have a man with a possible over dose in her car, and the nurses went wild. One male nurse grabbed a wheel chair, and came out to her car quickly.

She watched as they pushed his lifeless body inside the hospital. She stood by the front desk not really knowing what to do.

"What's his name?"

"Uhmm. . ." She tried to recall the name that the security man had given had. It took her a few minutes, but she eventually remembered, "Brian Haner Jr, I think. I just. . . found him."

"Okay, stay right here." The nurse said, and she watched as they all disappeared quickly, and Brian was taken into a hospital room.

She stood there not knowing what else to do. She didn't know how long she would have to stay, or if she would have to talk to cops if he possibly died. She shook her head and made her way over to a payphone. She had a feeling it was going to be a long night no matter what the outcome may be.