Saving Grace

Fault

Aubrey watched as blurs of bodies began moving around in the hallway. She saw light flicker from Jason's pocket, and immediately knew what it was. He had almost used it on her the day he beat her. It was a knife he kept in his pocket. She watched as Brian pushed Matt out of the way, and then Brian clutched on to his thigh, where Jason had just pushed the knife into his leg.She heard screams, and then the next thing she saw was Jason running out of the studio. She froze as she looked at her boyfriend who dropped to the ground, clutching onto his thigh. Matt was leaning over, trying to help him, as Sydney quickly called nine one one on her cell phone.

Tears formed in Aubrey's eyes as she slowly walked over. She truly couldn't believe she had just witnessed this happen. As she got to Brian, he looked up at her and his brown eyes were covered over with a layer of water. She began bawling as she leaned down. Even though he was the hurt one, he wrapped his arm around her and held her close to him.

"Who the fuck was that psycho?" Matt asked.

"Aubrey's ex." Brian groaned out, "Pull this out of my fucking leg, Matt."

"Dude, I don't think that's smart. You better wait to make sure."

"The ambulance is on it's way!" Sydney said, and then rushed into her office. She soon returned with towels, and began placing them around Brian's leg.

Aubrey was so thankful that Sydney and Matt were here. She didn't know what she would do if she didn't have them. She couldn't stop crying at this point. Her head was buried in Brian's shirt, and she felt so guilty. He was laying here, bleeding from his thigh, all because of her.

The ambulance arrived soon, and two paramedics came in and loaded Brian onto a gurney. A cop also arrived on the scene and questioned Matt about what happened. Brian was taken to the emergency room, with Aubrey in the ambulance with him.

Brian looked up at his girlfriend and it broke his heart to see her crying like that. He knew she was blaming herself over this, and that was something she couldn't do. He had walked in acting like an asshole, and he ended up getting stabbed.

"Baby." He whispered.

She was still sobbing, as she looked at him. Her make-up was running down her face, and he shook his head.

"Baby, I love you. Don't even try to blame yourself."

"It's all my fault." She mumbled.

"It's not your fault. It's no ones fault."

They arrived at the hospital soon, and she hadn't said anything other than mumbling it was her fault. Brian was immediately took to a room, where a doctor was waiting on him. Aubrey stood in the corner and watched as the doctor told Brian that he was lucky that the knife didn't hit anything of importance. He would probably just need some blood due to him losing so much, and stitched up.

Aubrey watched as the doctor stitched Brian up. They had numbed his thigh so the pain of stitches wouldn't hurt. He laid his head back on the pillow as he heard a knocking at the door. The doctor allowed the person to walk in, which just so happen to be a cop. Brian sighed, as he told the cop what happened. The cop was making sure Brian and Matt's stories were similar.

"So, let me get this straight. He's an ex boyfriend of your girlfriend?"

"Yes, and he wasn't too nice to her when they were together." Brian said, hoping the cop understood what he meant, "When he showed up to her work today, she called me."

"And you two had words, and then he proceeded to take physical action?" The cop questioned.

"Yes."

"Okay. Do you know his name?"

"Jason something." Brian said, "You'll have to ask my girlfriend."

The cop turned around and faced Aubrey. Anyone could tell that right now she wasn't in the place to be questioned. The cop frowned, and asked her for the guys last name and any information that could led to his arrest. Aubrey gave him the last name Moore and Smith, and explained how he had told her he changed them. She also told him about the calls left on her answering machine. She had already deleted them which meant she didn't have a number. The cop said they would be contacted with any leads, and he wanted them to do the same.

As the cop left the room, the doctor allowed two visitors to come in. Matt and Syd walked in. Matt went to Brian's side and Syd to Aubrey's. Sydney hugged her friend, and could tell that Aubrey felt so guilty about what had happened.

"It's not your fault, Bre."

"I got my boyfriend stabbed." She mumbled.

"It's not your fault." Syd said once again.

Brian sighed, almost unable to keep his eyes open. The pain medication was really taking a toll on him, but he knew Aubrey was having a hard time dealing with this. Matt sat down beside him and he groaned, "Dude, do me a favor."

"What?" Matt asked.

"Make Aubrey not feel guilty. This isn't her fault."

"She should know that, Syn." Matt sighed, "But I'll do my best. You think I should talk to her by myself?" Matt asked.

"Yeah." Brian said as closed his eyes to relax for a bit.

Matt stood up and walked over to where the girls were standing. Sydney sent him a look of sympathy as she rubbed her friends back. Aubrey was crying on her friend's shoulder.

"Bre, you wanna take a walk with me?" Matt asked.

She looked up at him and he frowned upon seeing her red puffy eyes. She looked over at Brian and saw him with his eyes closed and sucked on her bottom lip.

"Come on, let's take a walk." Matt whispered.

He leaned over and kissed Sydney on the cheek, and then he and Aubrey walked out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image