Saving Grace

Bad Feeling

A whole month had passed since Brian had left. It had been hard, but Aubrey had survived without him. She was going to go see him in Florida in a week. She was excited to be seeing her boyfriend. She missed him far too much. She would be staying with him for two days, and then heading back home to California. She wasn't going to be going on her trip alone. Sydney planned on accompanying her. She was just as excited to see Matt.

"Hey Bre." Malorie said, sinking down on the couch beside her sister, "You busy tonight?" Malorie asked.

"Of course not. I just got to go over and feed Pinkly and play with him for a bit. Why?"

"I have a. . . uhm, well. I met this guy and I just needed you to watch Chance."

Aubrey smiled, "You met a guy?"

"Yeah. He's uhm, a lawyer. We met a couple of weeks ago. I've been talking to him on the phone and he's stopped in work a few times to talk to me. I finally agreed to go on a date with him."

"That's great sis. You know I'll watch Chance anytime. I'm sure he would have fun going with me to feed Pinkly."

Malorie asked Aubrey to help her get ready for the date. Aubrey could tell right then that Malorie was serious about this guy. She hadn't saw her sister hung up like this over a man in a long time.

Brian was practicing for their show when another bad feeling came over him. He had been like this for the past month, but today was a lot worse than before. He had even thought about saying fuck the tour and going home. He just knew something was going to happen. He had about an hour or so before the show began, so he decided to go phone Aubrey to seize some of his worrying.

He walked out back and pulled out a cigarette and lit it up as he brought his cell phone up to his ear. It only took her a few rings to pick up, but each ring felt like forever to him.

"Hey baby." She said in the smoothest voice possible.

He sighed, "Hi baby. How are you?"

"I'm great. I just finished Malorie's hair and make-up. She has a date, so Chance and I are gonna go over and feed Pinkly and such in a little bit."

"Just. . . uh, just stay home tonight, Bre. Okay?"

"What?" She asked, "Baby, I can't stay home. I didn't go feed him this morning. He's probably starving right now."

"He'll be okay." Brian sighed.

He knew it was wrong of him to say that. He loved his dog more than anything but he honestly didn't want her going anywhere. He would rather her lock herself in the house and not answer the door for anyone. He just wanted her to remain safe. He truly couldn't wait for the weekend to come. He couldn't wait to see her, and see for himself that she was safe.

"Brian, I am going to feed that puppy. I already promised Chance we would go anyways."

"Baby, please." Brian begged, "Just stay there. Lock the doors, watch some movies or something. Just stay inside tonight, please?"

"Brian, what is wrong with you?" She asked, "You're worrying over nothing."

"I just have a bad feeling." He said.

"Baby, you've had this feeling for the past month. I'm still alive and doing well aren't I? Nothing is going to happen, Brian. Just go and have a good show. You can call me after and I'll be fine."

He sighed, knowing he could be over reacting. He just didn't like the idea of her getting hurt. He licked over his lips and groaned.

"Okay, but if you go keep your cell phone on at all times. I'm giving mine to our friend Mike. He's backstage and he'll answer if you call. Bre, please call me if anything happens, okay?"

"Baby, you know I will. Stop worrying."

"Okay." Brian sighed, "I love you."

"I love you too. Have a great show baby."

She hung up the phone with Brian and shook her head. She didn't know why he was worrying so much. Jason hadn't came around her since that day in the studio. He was probably running scared of both Brian and the cops. She didn't think he would be around anymore.

She ran a hand through her hair as she walked up the stairs and pounded lightly on Chance's door. He mumbled a come in. She walked inside and smiled as she watched him play his video game. He was growing up into a handsome young man. She adored her little nephew so much, and one day she hoped to have a kid as amazing as he is.

"You ready to go over and see Pinkly?" He asked.

"Yeah. Let me grab my cell phone."

She giggled. Malorie had bought him a cell phone a couple of weeks ago in case he got lost or needed to phone them when he was staying with a friend. He was treating it like a child, packing it everywhere he went. He and Brian had even started texting each other quite a bit. He really thought he was cool to be texting a member of Avenged Sevenfold.

"When is Brian coming home?" Chance asked as they drove.

"In about a month and a half."

"But you're gonna go see him soon, aren't you?"

"This weekend, yeah."

"When are you two going to get married?" Chance asked.

She giggled, "I don't know."

She had told Malorie and Chance she was moving in with him the minute he got home. She had most of her stuff already packed away, even though that day wouldn't be coming for another month or so. She just couldn't wait for the day when she moved in. She couldn't wait to sleep in his arms again.

"I better put this in my pocket." She said, pointing to her cell phone, "Brian thinks somethings going to happen to me. He's making me call him if something does." She said, rolling her eyes.

"What would happen to you, Aunt Bre?" Chance asked.

"Nothing, sweetie. Brian is just being over protective." She smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image