Saving Grace

Shocked

After phoning her sister and letting her know that she may not be coming home anytime soon, she took a seat in the waiting room. She really didn't know what to do, or who to get in contact with. It's not like she knew who she could call for him, and even if she did, she didn't have her cell phone or any numbers. She groaned loudly, and then looked up as a doctor in a white lab jacket walked into the room.

"Miss?" He asked, walking over to Aubrey, "Can I speak with you?"

She nodded her head, and walked out of the waiting room and into the hall with him. She bit nervously on her bottom lip, as she watched the doctor take in a deep breath of air.

"We've pumped his stomach and he should be okay. Do you know what kind of pills he had been using?"

"Uh, no. I just found him."

"Well, you found him at the right time. I'm afraid if he got here any bit later, then he wouldn't have made it. He's awake now. I've explained some things to him. He told me he had been taking prescription sleeping pills, though he cannot remember the name. He's asking for whoever brought him in."

"Okay." She said, not knowing what else to say. He was asking for her? Did he know she was the one who brought him in?

She swallowed hard as the doctor walked her down the room. He opened the door and told her he would be back in a little while to check him again. Aubrey inhaled deeply, and then walked into the room.

Brian looked over at the door way, half expecting to see a pissed off Michelle standing there. The doctor had told him a woman had brought him in, but he didn't say many more details. He was completely shocked when he saw one of the video girls standing there. It was the beautiful brunette one. Her dark eyes burned into his and he shook his head.

"You're not who I was expecting." He muttered in a hateful tone.

"Well, I really didn't expect to find you when I went looking for my cell phone." She hissed back, crossing her arms over her chest.

He snickered, "Did you call anyone else? Let me guess, Every fucking body in the media is outside the hospital waiting right now. Did you tell them I tried to kill myself?"

She laughed, and then looked over at him. "Listen asshole, I did nothing but save your fucking life. So one, don't cock a attitude with me. Second, I didn't tell anyone you were here. I don't have my cell phone because of you, and then even if I did have it. . . Who the hell would I call? I don't even know your name, let alone the name and number of anyone else. So before you open your damn mouth again I suggest you think about the ignorant statements you're about to make."

Brian's mouth fell open in utter shock. He couldn't believe she had just said that. No one had spoke to him in that tone. He was normally feared. People were scared to talk to him like that. He was Synyster fucking Gates after all. She licked over her lips, and then turned around to walk out of the room.

"Wait!" He called after her, just before she turned the knob.

She sighed rather loudly, and walked towards the bed again, "What do you want?" She spat.

"Why did you come back?" He asked.

"I told you. You made me lose my cell phone, I came looking for it."

"Excuse me, I made you lose it?" He questioned.

"You're the idiot who basically pushed me down on the ground, are you not?"

He then remembered stumbling into her and knocking her down, causing her purse to go flying to the ground and contents to pour out. He also remembered Johnny cursing at him and helping her collect her things. Flash backs came to him from when he popped the sleeping pills into his mouth, and then gulped down the contents of the liquor bottle. He couldn't believe he had been so stupid. Zacky had warned him. Even without his warning he should have known.

He had always laughed at the celebrities who overdosed on sleeping pills. He had always thought they had been stupid and didn't know how to control themselves. He had thought Heath Ledger made a fool out of himself, and took his life far too early. But now he saw how easily it was to over dose. He saw how easily it was for his life to slip through the cracks.

"Are you okay?" She asked, after several moments of seeing him space out.

He snapped his head towards her and sighed. He instantly felt like an asshole for treating her like that earlier. He also remembered the raunchy comment he made towards her.

"I'm fine. I should call someone for me. I'm sure you don't want to be stuck here forever." He mumbled, reaching for the phone. The IV in his hand ended up preventing him from reaching over.

She saw him struggling and walked over. She grabbed the small white phone and then handed it to him. He sighed, as he laid back on the bed and tried to recall some numbers. The only number he could think of off the top of his head was his house phone, which meant he would need to contact Michelle. Telling her about the hospital, and over dosing was not something he was looking forward to.

"I. . . I don't remember any fucking numbers." He blurted out.

She frowned, "Don't you have a phone or something on you?"

"I don't know if I had one on me or not." He answered honestly, "I think my jeans are over on that chair. Do you mind checking the pocket?"

She walked over and picked up the pair of denim jeans and placed her hand in the pocket. She instantly felt relieved when she touched a phone. She pulled it out and then handed it to him. He flipped through the contacts, and ended up phoning Zack. The one person who he could count on no matter what.

"Do you want me to stay until someone comes?" She asked.

He shook his head, "I should be fine." He mumbled.

"Okay then. I hope you feel better." She said being as nice as possible as she walked out of the room.

He watched her disappear, and then sighed as he pushed the send button in. It was late at night, but he knew Zacky would answer his phone. He always did. It didn't take long before his friends sleepy voice flooded his ears. He told him the details quickly, and just asked for him to come. He honestly didn't feel like talking about what had just happened. He wanted to forget about everything, but something told him it wasn't going to be easy to forget about.

This was a life changing experience.
♠ ♠ ♠
With only five chapters I'm really impressed with the response I've got on this story. Thanks everyone!