Saving Grace

Crazy

Aubrey was cleaning up a mess that Pinkly had made upstairs, while Chance fed him downstairs. Somehow the dog had got inside Brian's magazine collection, and ended up tearing most of it to shreds. She honestly didn't know how he had managed to do that, considering it had been up where he couldn't reach. She cleaned the entire room and then sighed as she thought about how pissed Brian would be when he realized what Pinkly had done. He had collected magazines from the beginning of his band, and most of them were now ruined.

She walked out of the bedroom and down the hall into the bathroom. She peeked inside the room to make sure Pinkly hadn't done damage there as well. She was extremely confused when she saw the toilet seat up. She had cleaned the bathroom just a couple of weeks ago, and she had placed the seat down. She hadn't used it, and no one else had been in the house. She knew Pinkly wasn't smart or strong enough to push the seat up. She shook her head, as she licked over her lips and continued to check various rooms in the house. Everything else seemed to be in perfect order. She was beginning to think she was crazy.

She shook her head as she walked down the stairs. She giggled softly upon walking into the kitchen and seeing Chance down on the floor rolling around with Pinkly. He was getting along perfectly with Brian's dog. As she watched him, she looked around the kitchen. Everything also seemed in order there. She laughed silently to herself, now knowing she was going crazy. She was paranoid for no reason at all.

Then she heard something coming from upstairs. She burrowed her brows together, and walked out into the hallway and starred up the staircase. She didn't see anything out of the ordinary, nor did she hear anything. She walked back inside and looked at her nephew. A feeling of uneasiness came over her, and she bit down on her bottom lip.

"Chance, stay down here with Pinkly. I'm going to go upstairs for a minute. I'll be right back."

"Okay." He said.

Before she could even move a step, she heard another noise from the upstairs. Chance seemed to hear it also, seeing as how he stiffened up and gripped Pinkly close to him.

"Who is that?" He whispered.

"I don't know. Stay down here. Okay? Don't come until I tell you it's safe." She whispered.

She then walked over and grabbed a baseball bat Brian had in the corner of the kitchen. She didn't know why he randomly had a baseball bat there. She assumed it was due to break ins. It's always good to have some sort of weapon easy to get to. She swallowed hard as she began to walk up the stairs as quietly as possible.

Brian was nearing the end of the show, and the erie feeling hadn't faded any. He was positive everyone could tell he wasn't having a good time. He was playing the cords to the music, but he wasn't really feeling it. He had gave his cell phone to a roadie named Mike. He had told him to answer any calls or texts from Bre, Syd, Malorie, Steve, or Chance.

They were in the process of playing 'Dear God' when Brian happen to look over and see Mike's brows burrowed, and looking down at his phone. He sighed loudly, as he continued to play. He had a feeling that Mike looking at the phone wasn't a good thing.

Aubrey sucked hard on her bottom lip as she began walking down the hallway, slowly pushing open each door and checking things. She knew she wasn't crazy. She knew someone had been here. Someone had put the magazines down so Pinkly could destroy them. Someone had put the toilet seat up. Someone had made noises. She reached the end of the hallway, and shook her head. She hadn't found anyone.

"Looking for me?" A familiar voice came from behind her.

She slowly turned around and looked into the devilish green eyes of her former boyfriend. She didn't know how, but Jason had somehow managed to break into Brian's house. She swallowed hard as a smile curved it's way onto his lips.

"You have no clue how patient I've been. . ." He said, licking over his lips, "I've had to watch you come in this house for the past month. Feed a dog, and then leave. I just couldn't. . . stall any longer."

"Jason, you need to leave right now or I'm calling the cops."

He smirked, "By the time they arrive. . . we'll be long gone."

"Jason," She attempted to reason, "You really need to leave. I'm not going with you. The cops are looking for you. You won't get away with this."

"Oh," He chuckled, "I'll get away. I've been doing a damn good job of it recently. I scheduled everything perfectly." He smirked, "Your boyfriend is in another state, and your all alone in this house. You don't have time to phone anyone, and let me tell you." He smiled, "That base ball bat," He said pointing to the bat in her hand, "Isn't going to be any good for you. It's only going to get you in more trouble. Remember, what happened last time you didn't give me what I wanted?"

She had a quick flash back of how bad he had beat her. She shook her head. She wasn't that weak of a person anymore. She was at a different stage in her life. She wasn't going to have a man beat her. She then remembered Chance was downstairs. She didn't know if he knew what was going on but she decided to talk louder. He would get the idea that something was wrong, and hopefully phone the cops. She knew if something happened to her, then she couldn't protect him. He was her only Chance right now. She didn't like the idea of this plan, because it could possibly be putting him in danger, but it was her only option.

"I will call the cops Jason!" She screamed, "You're not going to hurt me!"

"Don't fucking yell!" He cursed, "You stupid bitch. What do you want, the neighbors to hear?"

Brian was in the middle of his solo for 'Seize The Day', they were getting ready to close out the show when he saw Mike coming up the steps. He looked over at Zacky, and his band mate looked at him with confusion as he took the guitar off, and placed it down on the stage. Zacky tried to do his best to keep the song going smoothly without Brian.

"What is it?" Brian asked.

"Some kid is on the phone. He sounds worried. He texted you earlier, and said your house was spooky, but now he's calling."

Brian took the phone from Mike's hand and held it up to his ear.

"Chance? Where are you?"

"I'm in your kitchen. Something is wrong though. We heard noises, and now I hear Aunt Bre screaming at someone. She told me to stay down here! I don't know what to do! She's yelling at someone, telling them they aren't gonna hurt her!"

Brian's heart was dropping to the pits of his stomach. He knew who it was automatically.

"Chance, I need you to phone nine one one right now and give them my address." Brian said, slowly telling Chance the address.

"Okay. Then what?"

"Then just. . . I don't know, kid. Just call nine one one, and then call me back."

Brian hung up the phone and immediately began looking for an exit. He needed to go home. He found an exit, though the manager of the tour was trying to question him.

"What the fuck, Gates?" The manager said.

"Someone is fucking with my girlfriend." Brian said with venom in his words, "I'm going to California."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image