Saving Grace

Fear

Aubrey stared deeply into Jason's eyes. She was hoping Chance had heard her from downstairs, and called someone. She had told him not to come up here no matter what, and she was hoping he obeyed her. Clearly Jason had no idea that someone else was inside the house. She licked over her lips as he took a few steps forward. A evil smirk was on his lips.

"You need to stay the fuck back." She warned him.

She wasn't scared of him any longer. She was a different girl now, and if he wanted to fight, then he was getting a fight. She was no longer defenseless. She would defend herself with everything she had. She was focusing on Jason, when out of the corner of her eye she saw Chance coming up the stairs. He had a phone in his hand and he was whispering to someone.

She wasn't the only one who noticed. Jason turned around upon hearing the young boy whispering.

"CHANCE! GO BACK DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT NOW." Aubrey yelled.

She could see the fear in her nephews eyes and she felt horrible for putting him in this position. Even though she had no control over the situation, she just wished he didn't have to witness this. She knew what Jason was capable of. He had lost his mind, and was willing to do anything to get what he wanted. Right now he wanted Aubrey. She didn't know why he was so desperate to get her back, but clearly he had a strong motive to get her.

"I suggest you listen to your aunt little boy. This is between the two of us." Jason snarled.

Aubrey thought Chance would listen to them, but he never spoke. He continued to hold the phone up to his ear. Aubrey had a clue who was on the phone, but she couldn't be sure.

Brian was in the back of a cab heading towards the airport. He was on the phone with Chance listening to every word Aubrey and Jason said. So far no one had got hurt. Chance had already phoned the cops and they were on the way. Brian just hoped they arrived in time. His heart was pounding against his chest. He was so nervous, anxious, and scared. He wanted this to be over. He wanted her and Chance to get out of his house safe. He wanted to get his hands on Jason for once and for all. He wanted to beat the shit out of him.

"I hope you know. . ." Chance said, not bothering to listen to Aubrey's wishes of him going downstairs, "Synyster is going to kick your butt when he gets here."

Jason laughed, "He isn't going to do a God damn thing, kid. He's going to fucking play his little guitar and fucking cry because his girlfriend isn't around anymore." Jason spat, turning his full attention towards Chance and walking towards him. His back was to Aubrey.

Aubrey saw him walking towards her nephew and fear rocked through every limb in her body. He was going towards Chance. A defenseless kid who she loved more than anything. She tightened her grip on the bat, and quickly ran forward and swung it toward Jason's head. He was caught off guard, and he fell towards the ground, allowing a string of curse words to fly from his mouth. She quickly ran past him and bent down to scoop Chance up into her arms. She ran quickly down the stairs, and straight towards the front door. She opened it and was face to face with a cop.

"We received a nine one one call from this residence." He stated.

"My ex boyfriend is upstairs. He's broke into the house. . . he's been violent before." Aubrey said in a rushed sentence.

The cop gripped onto his gun holder and ran up the stairs. Another one came to Aubrey and Chance's side. He asked them to come over to his cruiser so he could question them further.

"It's Brian." Chance said, handing her the phone he had been clutching onto the entire time.

She breathed out heavily and reached for the phone, "Hello?"

"Baby?"

"I'm fine. Chance called the cops. One is inside your house right now. I need to go and talk to another one though. I love you."

"Love you too. I'm coming home."

"Brian!"

"I'm coming home. I need to see you."

She sighed, "But your show. . ."

"We don't have one for two days. I'll fly to New York then. I don't care if I just get a few hours with you. I need that. I'll talk to you soon, okay?"

"Kay. Love you."

"Love you more."

Aubrey flipped the phone shut and handed it back to Chance. He slipped it in his pocket. The cop opened the door and allowed her to sit down in the back of the cruiser. She held Chance on her lap as she explained the situation to the cop. She told him everything she knew about Jason. How he had beat her after they broke up, how he had attempted to get back in touch with her, what had happened at the studio. She told him everything.

"I remember hearing about the studio incident around the station. Sounds like we have a nut case on our hands." He replied.

The other cop came out of the house shaking his head. Aubrey looked at him and fear rocked through her once again. Had Jason escaped?

"No sign of him." The cop stated.

As soon as he spoke the words, the cop who had been questioning her was pulling his gun out and yelling for someone to speak. It was dark out and she really couldn't see. She could see someone running, and a cop running after him. She and Chance quickly stood up. She looked down the road and watched as Jason tried to make a run for it.

Her eyes widened upon seeing tail lights. The person was backing out, and Jason happened to be in the way. The back of the car collided with his body and sent it across the pavement. The cop was quick, and pulled the cuffs out and placed Jason's hands into cuffs.

Aubrey shook her head. It had happened quickly, and she couldn't even make all of the details out. But one thing she knew for sure was Jason was cuffed, and being brought to the back of a cruiser. She was safe, and Brian was now on his way to California.

It seemed like for once things were happening in her favor.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am heart broken over the news of Jimmy. However I feel that he should live on in our hearts, memories, and stories. My prayers go out to his family, friends, Leana, and the guys. May he RIP. (If you're looking for RIP banners, I have made three and placed them on my profile. Please feel free to use them if you wish.)

Image