Saving Grace

Hero

Aubrey sat in the living room of her home. Malorie and her date, Ryan were also there. Chance had finally went to sleep. She raised the cup to her lips and tasted the hot chocolate her sister had prepared for her. She had thought that Malorie would be mad at her for putting Chance in that situation, but Malorie wasn't. She knew how tricky Jason was. She had told Chance he was a hero, and Aubrey had agreed. If it hadn't been for her nephew then she honestly didn't know where she would be right now.

"Is Brian coming here?" Malorie asked, breaking the silence.

"I'm not sure." Aubrey said, "He hasn't called. I guess his plane hasn't landed."

Right when she finished her statement, the phone in her pocket began ringing. She quickly pulled it out and brought it up to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Are you at your house?" He asked quickly.

"Yeah."

"I'm getting in a cab right now. I'll be there in about twenty minutes. Love you."

"Love you too."

She closed her phone and looked over at her sister. She half smiled and Malorie smiled back. Brian was now on his way to the house. Aubrey couldn't be more happier. Even though it was now nearing five in the morning, and she was completely exhausted, she wanted to see him. She missed him so much.

"I'm sorry it's such a bad time to meet me." Aubrey said to Ryan.

He laughed, "It's okay. I'm glad you and Chance are safe."

Aubrey smiled at him. He seemed like a nice guy. He was probably in his mid thirties. He had light blond hair and piercing blue eyes. He dressed nice, a lot different than she would have expected a lawyer to dress. He seemed very interested in Malorie, and she prayed he would treat her sister and Chance right.

It seemed like twenty minutes took hours to get there, but finally she heard the cab pulling up. She rushed to the front door as she watched the yellow car come to a halt, and the back door opened up. She didn't care that she was barefoot, she took off running to the sidewalk. As soon as Brian stepped out of the car, she tossed herself onto him and hugged him tightly.

Relief washed over him as he felt his arms go around her small frame. Just feeling her close to him was enough to seize his worrying. He knew Jason was now in jail, and Aubrey was safe. He could relax again. For the first time in over a month he felt like he could actually breath again. He had been so worried over her, that it had affected everything in his life. Especially his sleeping habits.

"I missed you so fucking much." He said.

She pulled away and starred into his deep brown eyes. She half smiled as she leaned up and pressed her lips against his. She was so glad to see him.

"I missed you too baby."

"Are you hurt?" He asked.

"I'm fine."

"That asshole is in jail, right?" He asked, making sure.

She smiled, "He got hit by a car, and then cuffed. The cops assured me he's going to be serving some jail time."

He sighed with relief, "I am so fucking happy about that."

She placed her hand in his and then she pulled him inside the house. He hugged Malorie, and then introduced himself to what he assumed to be her boyfriend.

"I'm going to go up and see the kid." Brian said, walking up the stairs.

Brian walked into Chance's room and over to where the sleeping kid was. He smiled as he sat down on the bed and raised his hand up and brushed it over the kids cheek. He was so thankful for Chance. He had basically saved Aubrey's life. Chance slowly began to stir upon feeling Brian's touch.

"Syn!" Chance said, raising up quickly and tossing his arms around his neck.

"Hey kid." Brian said, "You did a good job at protecting your aunt. Your a hero."

"It's no biggie." Chance said, not being cocky about it, "Auntie Bre gave him a good hit with your baseball bat though." The kid giggled.

Brian smiled upon knowing that she had defended herself. He wished he would have been home to handle the asshole himself, but maybe it worked out better this way. He not only got charged for breaking and entering, but the cops had been looking for him for quite awhile. He was going to be serving some major jail time.

"Get some sleep kid. I'll see you tomorrow, alright?"

"Are you leaving again?" Chance asked.

"I need to leave tomorrow night. I have another show the following day."

"When are you coming home for good?" Chance asked.

"In about a month." Brian answered.

Chance nodded his head, and Brian leaned over and kissed him on the forehead goodnight, before pulling the covers up over him and turning around. His eyes widened upon seeing Aubrey standing in the door way, watching the entire show. She smiled softly, as she turned around and walked out of the room. Brian followed her down to her room and walked inside. He shut the door behind him.

"You know something. . ." She said.

"What?" He asked.

"You're going to be an amazing father some day."

He smiled, "Think so?"

She nodded her head, as she walked over to him and raised her hands up and wrapped them around his neck, "I know so." She said, leaning up and pressing her lips softly against his.

"Let's go back to my house." He said, "I want to spend this time with you. I got to catch a flight tomorrow night, but. . . I want you to come with me."

"What?" She asked, confused.

"You're coming out in three days anyways. I'm sure Steve won't mind you leaving a little earlier."

"Brian!"

"You owe me." He winked.

She laughed, "We'll discuss this more." She said.

He nodded his head and leaned down and pressed his lips against hers once more. He was glad he had a day to spend with her. He planned on making the most of this day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some people may have noticed, but I've changed around my updating schedule a bit. I'll probably start updating Sunday-Thursday. Before I go to bed most likely. I'm trying to keep updates as normal as possible, but I have A LOT going on right now.

New stories(I've already started them, and you can find two of their summaries on my profile page) coming soon:

Fading Memories/Bam Margera
Girl Next Door/Synyster Gates
Tied Up/M Shadows

If you want information on my stories, you can find that on my profile.

Image