Saving Grace

Holy Shit

Aubrey walked through the airport holding Brian's hand. A cab was waiting to take them to the arena where he would be playing tonight. She was excited to be with him for a few days. This time with him would probably have to hold her over until he returned home from tour, and then once he returned home they would have to deal with the Michelle situation. She was due exactly one week after Brian was scheduled to arrive. Aubrey hadn't thought about Michelle much, but the due date was stuck in her mind.

If the baby was Brian's, then she would treat it like her own. She knew he wasn't to keen about Michelle possibly being pregnant with his child, but if that child was his then Aubrey was going to make sure he took responsibility for it. She would help him and support him in every way possibly, but this was ultimately his responsibility.

"You won't be too lonely backstage." Brian said, "I think Leana came in yesterday to stay with Jimmy for a week."

"So, will we be on the bus with you all?" She asked.

"Yeah. You and I will be in my bunk. It's not that spacious, so we'll be real close." Brian winked.

She rolled her eyes knowing exactly what he meant, "Perv." She muttered, looking out the window.

They arrived at the arena, and Brian paid the driver. He then got their luggage and packed it on the bus. Johnny and Zacky were sitting at the table playing poker. The two smiled and waved at Aubrey as Brian put their luggage on the bunk mattress.

"Maybe now Brian will stop his worrying." Zacky said to Aubrey.

"Let's hope so."

"Holy shit, look at that rock!" Johnny said, looking at her hand.

She blushed and Brian smirked as he walked up to where she was at and linked their hands together. Zacky's mouth was slightly dropped, not really knowing what to expect.

"You. . . asked her to. . ." Zacky couldn't even form words right now. He had known Brian all his life, and he honestly never expected him to settle down with one woman.

"We're engaged." Brian said.

"Wow." Johnny said, "That's. . . uh. . . well. . ."

"Shocking?" Aubrey asked, with a slight laugh.

Johnny chuckled, "Exactly."

Jimmy and Matt walked up on the bus wondering what everyone was speechless about. Matt hugged Aubrey and then sat down.

"What's going on?" Jimmy asked.

"Aubrey and I are engaged." Brian said again, as if it was the most common thing in the world.

Jimmy's eyes nearly popped out of his head, as he looked back and forth between the two of them, and then down at the ring on Aubrey's hand. He licked over his lips and laughed.

"Well. . ." Jimmy started, and then smirked, "Congratulations fucker." He said to Brian.

"So, a wedding is in the works." Matt stated, and then smiled, "Congrats." He said to Bre, pulling her into another hug.

Over the time she had known Matt, he had become like a older brother to her. She sat down and watched the guys play some poker for awhile. Matt and Jimmy briefed Brian on what had happened over the last few days.

"We didn't know what the hell had happened. You just tossed the guitar down." Matt said, "I continued to sing, and Zacky tried to handle things, but I'm telling you. . ." He laughed, "That song sounded horrible without you."

"But we explained that you had the shits and needed to go." Jimmy smirked, "Situation handled."

Brian pulled Aubrey back to his bunk, and moved stuff out of the way so they could lay down. She got near the wall and he laid towards the aisle. He lit up a cigarette, and began smoking as she cuddled up and laid her head on his chest. He laughed.

"You can't be tired. You slept the entire flight."

"I'm not tired. I just like laying like this. Problem with it?" She asked.

He chuckled, "No. I actually like it." He said, wrapping his arm around her.

He finished off his cigarette and then snuggled up even closer to her. He was so happy to be engaged to her. He had thought about asking Michelle to marry him once upon a time, but it never felt right. With Aubrey he didn't even have to think about it. It was just right. It felt right, and in his heart, he knew it was right.

"You know something."

"What?" She asked.

"I've never been so sure about anything in my life."

She laughed, "Well, that's a good thing."

"It is." He said, "I just wish the tour was over, and the Michelle situation was dealt with."

"It will be."

"You know, no matter what happens with her. Even if by some slight chance, the baby is mine. . . Nothing is going to change with us. I know I've told you that before. . ."

"Brian, I know. But I also want you to know. . . if that baby is yours, then I'm here for you to help. I'll treat it as my own."

He sighed, "I wish it was you that was pregnant." He whispered.

She raised up on her arm and looked down at him. Did he just say that? She knew they were engaged, which was a big move in the relationship. . . but kids. That was a whole new level.

"Brian. . ."

"I know you're probably not ready for kids. . . but I just wanted you to know that whenever you are. . . then I am too."

She really didn't know what to say, so she just simply nodded her head. Jimmy was soon calling for them, because the show was about to begin. Her mind was now swimming with so many thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image