Saving Grace

Coming Home

Aubrey paced nervously through the living room. She had been moved into Brian's house for a week now, and he was due home any minute. Her heart was racing. She really couldn't wait to see her fiance. She sighed, as she walked over and placed some food into Pinkly's already full bowl. She was doing anything to keep her mind busy until he arrived, even if that meant feeding the dog three times in a two hour period.

Brian chuckled as the guys dropped him off at his house. He planned on surprising Aubrey. He walked into the back yard, and peeked in through the glass door. He could see her pacing back and forth in the living room. He laughed slightly. He then pulled his cell phone out of his pocket, and dialed the house number. He watched as she rushed into the kitchen, which he had a perfect view of, and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby. . ." He said sounding sad.

"Brian?"

"Listen. . . I know you're expecting me home right now. . . but it's going to have to wait. . ."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm not really sure. . . I just know we probably won't be home until tomorrow."

"What happened?" She asked on the verge of tears.

Brian held back his laughter as he opened the back door as quietly as possible and placed his luggage down. He then just hung up on her. He chuckled as he heard her asking if he was still there. A smiled curved it's way into his lips as he walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her. She screamed out, but he ignored it as he swung her around before sitting her down on the ground.

When she turned to look at him, her mouth dropped. She tossed her arms around his neck and pulled him close to her. Once she was finished hugging him, she backed away and smacked his tattooed arm playfully.

"Asshole." She scolded.

"I got you good, huh?"

"No." She said, giving him a stern look before busting out laughing, "I was seriously going to kill you."

He chuckled, "Doubt you could take a man like me down."

She rolled her eyes, "Return of the cocky rock star, I see."

He smiled, as he placed his arms around her and pulled her close to him. Without hesitation he brought his lips down on hers and devoured her mouth. She kissed back as forcefully as she could. When he finally pulled away, he grinned down at her.

"I missed that." He smirked.

"I missed you." She said, leaning up and pressing her lips to his softly.

The first thing Brian wanted to do, after greeted Aubrey and drowning her with kisses was get himself a long hot shower. While he done that, Aubrey sorted through his laundry and began washing some of his clothing.

It wasn't long before Brian came downstairs feeling refreshed and clean. He got showers and such while they were on tour, but there was nothing like coming home and taking a long hot shower. He changed into a pair of clean boxers, and then walked down the stairs. He found Aubrey in the laundry room sorting through his clothes. He shook his head as he placed his hands on her hips.

"I just got home, and you plan on doing laundry?" He asked, moving her hair away from her neck, and kissing her softly on the skin exposed.

"I was only doing it until you got finished." She laughed.

"Well. . ." He said with a smile, as he slowly turned her around to face him, "I'm finished."

She giggled, as he linked his hand with hers and pulled her into the living room. He fell back on the couch in a laying position and pulled her down on top of him. She made herself comfortable, as she placed her ear against his chest. The beating of his heart soothed her. He was home again. They were once again together.

He ran his hands through her hair, loving the feeling of being able to be like this with her once again. He loved being able to smell her, feel her, and touch her.

"I missed this the most." He said.

"What?" She asked in a low voice.

"Just laying here with you. Not really having anything else to do. Just loving the little moments where we can not say a word, but yet everything is being said."

She smiled, as she moved slightly and looked at him. He said exactly what she had thought so many times before.

"I love you, Bri."

"I love you too."

"I'm so glad you're home." She murmured, leaning down and kissing him softly on the lips.

"I'm glad I'm home too." He said, and then smiled.

It was a smile that she meant she was in trouble. A smile that meant he had just got an idea.

She laughed, "What is it?"

"I was just thinking. . . I've been home about two hours. . ."

"Yeah?" She said.

"And we haven't even started with the baby making. . ."

"Brian!"

He chuckled, "I bet you can't look me in the eyes and tell me you weren't thinking the exact same thing."

She looked him in the eyes, and smiled. He was right. She couldn't look him in the eyes and tell him she wasn't thinking the same thing, because she was.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this story ends on Chapter 65. But Like I said, I have another one already out in it's place called Girl Next Door. :)

My friend Jena and I have this new Matt Sanders story. :D Check it out!
Learning To Fly

Image