Saving Grace

Speechless

Brian sat in his living room running his fingers across the strings of his guitar, trying to figure out how to master the current song he was working on. He arched a brow, and sighed as he placed the guitar beside the couch and leaned back. It had been two days since Michelle had packed her things and left. She had phoned him about twenty times, but he ignored her calls. He wasn't getting back with her this time. He was too good for that.

The door bell rang, and he stretched as he made his way over to his front door and opened it up. Zacky was standing there with a smirk plastered across his pierced lips. Brian chuckled lightly, and then allowed his friend to enter the house. Zacky looked around for any signs of Michelle and then turned around with a grin.

"You actually got rid of her."

"I told you I did."

"It's been two days, I just figured you took her back by now."

"I'm not taking her back, Zack. I'm done with her shit. I'm done with her. I do need to talk to her though."

"Talking to her about getting back together?" Zacky asked confused.

"No, talking to her about her ass being fired." Brian said with a smirk as he walked over and took a seat on his couch.

Zacky chuckled and sat down on the couch beside his friend. He listened as Brian played some new material. He nodded his head, showing his friend that he was pleased with the new material.

"So, what are you doing here?"

"Just decided to come and visit a friend. Is that a crime?"

"It could be. Where's Gena today?"

"Out with her friends. You notice anything, Syn?"

"Like what?"

"It's been three days since you were at the hospital."

"So?"

"The media still has no clue." Zacky informed him.

"Shouldn't I want it that way?"

"Yeah. Don't you realize something though?"

"What?"

"That girl isn't a snitch." Zacky stated, "Most girls would have ran to the media first chance they got. They would have broke their neck to contact TMZ. But she hasn't said anything about it. I've keep tabs on everything, and nothing is leaked."

"So?" Brian asked, not really understanding what Zacky was trying to say.

"Stop being an asshole, and listen. That girl saved your life, for one. Two, she hasn't went to the media with the story. She's kept her mouth shut. Don't you think you owe her something?"

"I don't owe her shit. She got bitchy towards me." Brian said in defense.

"Were you being an asshole?"

"Yeah, but still. . ."

"Dude, I really think you should pay her a visit and thank her for saving your life."

"You're stupid, Vengeance."

"I'm stupid? You're the one who nearly died two nights ago. That girl is a fucking angel, and you won't even go and say thank you."

"Okay, let's just talk realistically here. Even if I did want to go say thank you. I don't have her address or anything."

Zacky grinned, and then reached in his jean pockets and pulled out a business card. Brian burrowed his brows together as his friend handed him the card. It was a photography studio.

"It's where the models are from." Zacky stated.

"You think I'm going to go to this place, and have them call her or give me her address. That sounds like a shit load of trouble for me."

"She works there, dick head. You wouldn't even be here right now if it wasn't for her, bro."

"Whatever."

Zacky only stayed for about another hour before he departed from the house leaving Brian there by himself. The only company he had was his dog Pinkly. He looked down at the coffee table and starred at the business card. He didn't know why, but he couldn't take his eyes off from it. He groaned as he stood up and grabbed his keys along with the card. He didn't even know how to thank someone for saving his life.

Aubrey groaned as she walked over and turned the radio and tried to find another station. She truly couldn't stand the new Miley Cryrus song, and it seemed to be the only song the stations wanted to play today. She rolled her eyes and mocked the song, "Party in the fucking USA my ass. She isn't even old enough to go to a party." She muttered, turning the radio off.

She had been so caught up in her rant she didn't even realize someone coming in. She turned around and her eyes went wide when she saw Brian Haner Jr standing there in a sleeveless top. A smirk was across his lips, and his brown eyes were burning into her. She laughed silently, and shook her head. She must have just sounded like such an idiot bitching about a Miley Cyrus song to a room she thought was empty.

"I take it you don't like main stream?" He asked.

"I just hate that song." She admitted.

"You seem to be in a less bitchy mood." He noted.

She rolled her eyes, "And you seem to be breathing well, thanks to me." She said, placing a sarcastic smile upon her lips.

He laughed and shook his head, as he looked over at the stunning lady in front of him. He had never been told off until he had met her. Most women worshiped the ground he walked in, and would do anything to sleep with him. She on the other hand seemed to be highly annoyed with him.

"I just came to say thanks."

"Your welcome."

"I'll. . . uh. . . be going." He said, turning towards the door.

Just as he started out the door, he had a nagging feeling in the back of his head. He wanted to know something.

"Wait, uhm. . . Can I ask you something?"

"You just did." She stated, crossing her arms over her chest.

He sighed, "Why didn't you go to the media?"

"Why would I want to go to the media?"

"You probably could have got some major coverage and attention over the story. I mean, your face probably would have been plastered across TMZ.com."

"Which is exactly the opposite of what I want. I'd rather not have the attention."

"So, it's not because you were looking out for me?"

She shook her head, "I haven't even thought about you since I left the hospital." She said honestly. It was half true. She hadn't thought about him unless someone brought him up.

His mouth slightly dropped in shock. He truly couldn't believe he had no affect on this woman. He hadn't met anyone like this in a long time. He had never met a girl who wasn't interested in him. He realized he had never met anyone like HER before.

"What's your name?" He asked.

She smirked, "I don't think you need to know that."

He licked over his lips, and then sighed, "Playing hard to get?"

She laughed, "No, not really. I'm just not into assholes."

He chuckled, and then starred down at her name tag, "I bet I change that, Aubrey." He said, with a wink and then walked out of the building, leaving her standing there speechless.