‹ Prequel: Running in Circles

Denying the Inevitable

Three years after Luke Schenn broke her heart again, Brooklyn Daniels is finally truly happy. She never though she would find somone who could make her forget Luke, but that's exactly what Nathan Dean did.

When Nathan get's a job in Ottawa as a Sports Journalist, naturally Brooklyn decided to follow her fiance. The only problem is that, last minute, Nathan gets transferred to the company's Toronto office.

Toronto is big enough so that Brooklyn never has to run into the man that broke her heart twice...right?

---------------

So there's a bit of fast forwarding going on here, deal with it. Three years from when Running in Circles took place so it is 2010 =] Luke is in his third season as a Leaf and Brayden is going into his first with the Kings.

I tried to make this so you don't have to read Running in Circles...but I reccommend that you do. It'll make more sense.

Once again, I do not own Luke or Brayden Schenn. Nor do I claim to own any other real life people I may mention in this story. This is fiction. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoyyyy!!!!
  1. 001.
    “Oh. Hi Luke.” I said coolly, as if it didn't faze me. As if seeing him were normal. As if I didn't care that I was face to face with him again.
  2. 002.
    “Would you stop it?” I demanded. “Why? Guilty conscience, Brooke?” Brayden asked with an evil smirk.
  3. 003.
    “If he makes her happy then why does she still look at me like that?”
  4. 004.
    “Hey.” He said as he raised his arm so that he could lean against the door frame. I stood there completely caught up in his eyes and I'm not sure how long we stood there before his words snapped me out of my trance. “I had to see you.”
  5. 005.
    “What the *** is going on with you and Luke Schenn?” Nathan demanded. I had never seen this look on his face before. He looked like he wanted to punch something, but he also looked insecure as he stood there in front of me.
  6. 006.
    I had kind of figured that she still had feelings for me but at that moment I was certain. The look in her eyes told me everything I needed to know.
  7. 007.
    "When I look at you I see what we were. But the past is the past for a reason, Luke. We can’t be what we were."
  8. 008.
    I made so many mistakes that sorry just couldn't fix but I had been trying to show her that I was different. That I wouldn't make those mistakes again.
  9. 009.
    I jumped up from the chair as the back door flew opened. I turned around only to see Luke standing there staring at me. Just as it always did, my heart skipped.
  10. 010.
    When it started we were alright, but night makes a fool of us in the day light.
  11. 011.
    “Please tell me that you and Luke didn't sleep together.” “Well, Bray...I can’t exactly do that.” I told him shakily.
  12. 012.
    “Sweetheart you need to slow it down. Have a glass of water and then I’ll send Kara over with another Cosmo for you.” She told me as she began to pour me a glass of water.
  13. 013.
    “You have some ***ing nerve.” I turned around to face my brother who was standing in my bedroom doorway looking like a man possessed.
  14. 014.
    I had thrust myself into planning my wedding in order to keep Luke from my thoughts. If I kept myself busy enough then I wouldn’t have the time to think about him. He had called me numerous times for the month after wards, but eventually his calls an
  15. 015.
    This was my wedding day! I shouldn’t have people looking at me like they’re sorry for me! They should be looking at me with nothing but happiness in their eyes. I am about to start the rest of my life! This is supposed to be the happiest, greatest da
  16. 016.
    “I know what I’m doing Bray.” I assured him. “For the first time...I know exactly what I’m doing. I have to do this.” I kissed him on the cheek and headed towards the door.
  17. 017.
    “What the hell are you doing, Brooklyn?!” Brayden demanded immediately. “Why are you doing this?!” “I love him.” I replied simply. What more explanation was needed?