Status: when you start commenting, i'll start updating.

A Rollercoaster Kind of Rush

A Fever You Can't Sweat Out

I pulled a green North Dakota hoodie over my head, and pushed my arms through, trying my best not to mess up my perfectly done hair or make up. With one last appearance check in the mirror, I made my way towards the living room. Collapsing next to my roommate, she barely looked away from the tv long enough to glance over me.

“When’s he coming to get you?” Calli asked, keeping her eyes glued to whatever gossip show about some preppy rich bitches from California was on MTV now. I shrugged, pulling my phone out of my tight jeans pocket to look at the time.

“He said he’d be here at six thirty, but you know Evan,” I mumbled, casting my eyes towards the tv for only a second, only to see two blondes with incredibly tanned skin staring each other down awkwardly. I rolled my eyes. Yeah, reality. But then again, I was born and raised in North Dakota. How was I supposed to know what was real in California and what wasn’t?

“I still don’t get why you took him back,” she commented quietly, probably half hoping I didn’t hear her. I sighed.

“I love him,” I admitted, my eyes straying away.

Calli didn’t answer me, but I guess I didn’t really expect her to. She always got so wrapped up into these stupid shows that were so obviously faker than the bitches who were on them. Calli was a west coast city girl herself, with the blonde hair, bright eyes, and tanned skin. We were the exact opposite, considering I was born and raised in the middle of no where in North Dakota in a town with the census of less than 2,000.

We met freshman year, she lived in the dorm building as I did and was friends with my equally Barbie like dormmate. Sophomore year, we decided it’d be cool to get an off campus apartment together, and now as juniors, we’ve stuck with it.

It was five minutes until six thirty, when my beloved boyfriend was due to arrive, but I knew better. This was Evan Trupp we’re talking about here. And that’s exactly why I was more than surprised when he arrived two minutes to spare.

“I’ll be down in a minute,” I spoke into my phone before I hit the end button. Calli raised her eyebrows up at me, taking her eyes away from the girl who I knew was named Lauren Conrad.

“It’s already seven?!” She asked frantically, standing up quickly. I didn’t have to guess twice that she had plans tonight. I shook my head, biting my lip.

“No, he’s actually here on time…” I spoke in awe. Her face scrunched up as she fell backwards onto the couch.

“Woah,” she mumbled, staring off into space. Snapping myself out of it, I nodded before I slipped my feet into a pair of Uggs that definitely weren’t mine.

“Yeah,” I said under my breath. Never once has Evan Trupp been on time for a date, hell, most of the time he doesn’t even show up. “I’ll be back later.” With that, and a kiss to her forehead sisterly, I ran out the door, skipping the elevator and using the stairs, not wanting to keep him waiting more than necessary.

He was leaning against his 90’s something black pickup truck when I got there, with his arms crossed over his chest. Upon my arrival, he smiled and pushed himself off of the truck and wrapped his arms around me tightly.

“Hi baby,” he whispered into my hair before pulling away and kissing my cheek. I smiled up at him as he ushered me towards the truck, opening the door and helping me up.

I watched him, slightly confused, as he walked around the truck and to the driver’s seat. This was so out of character for Evan. Since when was he so sweet?

His fingers jingled the keys in his hand as he twisted the brass key, the engine humming as the car started. Evan turned his head towards me, sending me his heart melting smile.

“You look beautiful tonight,” he complimented sweetly. I smiled again, leaning over the center consol to press my lips against his. He smiled into the kiss before we both pulled away. Maybe I could deal with this new Evan.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evan took me back to the house that he shared with one of his teammates. He told me that no one was home, and he led me to the couch, where he left me while he went to fetch popcorn and a blanket.

It didn’t even take him five minutes before he reappeared with a large bowl of buttery popcorn and a large blanket.

“What movie do you want to watch?” I asked him, lifting myself from the couch and making my way towards the large rack of DVDs.

“It’s already in there, just hit play,” he replied to my back. I nodded to myself and turned the huge flat screen on and pressed play on the connecting DVD player.

When I turned back around, Evan was stretched out, opening his arms wide. I smiled, lowering the lights before crawling onto the couch, sitting between his legs. He pulled the blanket over both of us, and then wrapped his arms around my middle, placing the warm bowl of popcorn in my lap. I smiled, leaning back into his chest, my hand fishing down into the bowl.

My grin widened as Beetlejuice began. I turned my head and titled upwards to kiss Evan’s cheek, who just smiled down at me before returning his eyes to the tv. Never in a million years did I expect him to remember my favorite movie, let alone care.

Throughout the movie, everything was different than it used to be. Evan used to set up small movie dates like this constantly, but we would never make it past the first half hour, considering his hand would somehow slip into my shirt and everything would escalade from there.

Tonight, Evan didn’t try to make one move on me. He planted small kisses to my hair when he knew I was just about to fall asleep against his chest, and he held me close to him all night. It was just different.

When our second movie, which was the Lion King, had ended, we both stood from the couch, stretching our muscles that had been still for hours. I let out a yawn, my body realizing before my mind that it was well past midnight by now.

Evan stretched his arms above his head, causing his shirt to rise and show off his bellybutton. I smiled, wrapping my arms around his waist. I could feel the radiation of that gorgeous smile as his arms fell around me, wrapping me into a huge cocoon of warmth.

I let go, sliding my arms to snake around his neck while his lowered down to my lower waist. My eyes fluttered closed as I raised to my tippy toes so I could easily press a passionate kiss to his pink lips. His wrapped around mine as he pulled my body closer to his. I pushed my hips into his, making it perfectly clear of exactly what I wanted.

Evan pulled away before it could get too heavy, leaving me begging for more of his sweet tasting lips. This new Evan was a turn on, and I wanted everything now. He placed the slightest kiss on my lips before he stepped away from my body, all the warmth and security I had fading away.

“We should probably get you home,” he mumbled, adjusting his grey sweatpants and grabbing his keys and a hoodie. I nodded, confused about what just happened. Did Evan Trupp just turn down sex?

With a sigh, I sat in the passenger seat of that old, black pickup truck. Evan looked forward, only taking his eyes off the road when we stopped at the stop signs so he could give me a sweet smile. I fiddled with his fingers that were laced securely around mine and resting on my thigh to pass the silence.

My eyes followed the blurs of lights that were shining from the tall streetlights and other cars that were heading in the opposite directions. My hot breath washed over the cool window, causing it to fog over in a hazy manner. Now that I wasn’t able to see out the window anymore, I sighed again, directing my attention towards Evan to examine the side of his seemingly concentrated face.

Before I knew it, we were outside of my low quality apartment building. It was perfect for a college student, cheap and close to campus.

I didn’t expect Evan to jump out of the truck, but he did. He held out his hand, holding my steady as I jumped from the high seat, the Uggs on my feet pounding against the asphalt.

I also didn’t expect Evan to lace his fingers with mine and lead me up to the front doors, up the stairs and to my front door. My eyes traced over the gold lettering C3 on top of the grayish blue painted door before I looked back at Evan who was just leaning down for a kiss.

“I’ll pick you up at eight tomorrow and we’ll go out for breakfast before class,” he spoke against my lips before he pressed them against mine one more time.

My fingers rose to my lips, feeling electricity pump through them as Evan winked at me and made his way to the swinging doors that led to the stairwell. I smiled to myself, shoving my key into the door knob with my tingling fingers.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sat on the plush couch, my bare legs sinking into the cushions. Pursing my lips, I rolled my eyes to myself. Pulling with my fingers, I adjusted the pearl necklace around my neck, finding a lack of better things to occupy myself with.

Five minutes late would have been okay. Hell, even twenty wouldn’t have bothered me too much. But two hours late? I wasn’t angry, I was furious.

It was just like Evan to be this late for something that he had hyped up so animatedly. This was supposed to be our night, he had told me, the night that was going to change it all for us. He told me he was going to change his ways for me, to be a better boyfriend.

No one could blame me for getting sick of the little things that Evan pulled constantly. Not my friends, not his friends, and not even him. I used to find these things attractive, but lately, they’ve been getting out of control. I don’t think I can deal with this much longer.

About twenty minutes later, the front door was pushed open to reveal my ever so loving boyfriend. I jumped up from the couch, and walked towards the door, already in the angry girlfriend stance.

“Avery, I am so so sorry,” he told me in a pleading tone, “I lost track of time,” he excused, licking his lips. I glared at his form. A Sioux tee, black mesh shorts, Nikes and dripping wet hair. I rolled my eyes, close to tears and mentioned down at my gorgeous new little black dress. “We just have to run to my place and I’ll change and we can go.”

I sighed, nodding my head. There was no use in putting up a fight. I flipped the lights off and pushed past him, walking out into the hall. Evan shut the door behind him and followed me down, not daring to say a word as the only sounds were my heels clicking against the tiled stairs.

I refused to talk to him the entire ride to his house, and I pushed his hand off of my thigh the numerous times he tried to squeeze it lovingly. I knew he just wanted attention, but I wasn’t going to give it to him.

He sighed, pulling the key out of the ignition. I stepped out of his truck and once again walked ahead of him, leaving him to trail behind me like a lost puppy.

His roommate, Matt Frattin was sitting on the couch when I swiftly walked in. He smiled up at me over his bowl of Kraft Dinner.

“Hey, Ave, you look gorgeous,” he commented before spooning a heaping bite of the cheesy noodles into his mouth. I smiled at him, and mumbled a shy thanks just before Evan pulled on my hand, and tugged me up to his room.

With a long exhale, I sat down on the edge of his bed. My fingers traced patterns on the soft green sheets that were pulled over the mattress while Evan shed his shirt and shorts. My eyes scanned his body for only a second before he pulled a plain white tee shirt on, and then a pair of dark washed jeans.

He smiled, winking down at me as he turned and realized I was looking at him. I stood, just as he was pulling a blue and white stripped dress shirt on, not bothering to button it before he placed his hands on each side of my waist and pulled me close to him, so close that our hips were touching.

I looked up at him, my heels adding another two inches to my height, leaving him only about an inch and a half taller than me. He used this to his advantage and ducked his head slightly to press his lips.

He pulled my body even closer to him, so that every inch of him could be felt on me, from his toned chest to his thighs, and his feet on either side of mine. Evans tongue found its way to caress itself into my mouth.

I pulled away, turning my face to the side, making it easier for him to press a delicate kiss to my cheek, following it by trailing feather light kisses down my jaw and neck to my collarbone.

“Evan,” I gasped for air, but trying to cover it up with disinterest, “can we just-”

“Come on, baby,” he spoke into the skin of my neck, causing goose bumps to spread across my skin like wildfire. I let out a shake, unsure breath.

“Can’t we just go out to dinner like we planned to?” I begged one last time, but it was useless, because when he pressed his lips to mine, I had to reluctantly let him push me back onto his bed so he could climb on top of me.

Even though I preferred a real date over sex tonight, I could never resist Evan Trupp. It was his bad boy, ‘I don’t give a fuck about anything’ attitude that attracted me. Evan Trupp was like a drug I would never be able to give up, no matter how bad I want to kick the habit.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY NEW STORY :D :D :D
let me know what you thinnnnkk?