Status: active

Fused Shadows

Don't

"Are you suggesting that we should go against your father's -the king- wishes and ditch this ball?" her voice was more excited than worried, of course, who wouldn't? Everyone that surrounded the Princess, and her faithful friend, were creations of boredom itself, if not, snobs.

"No, Zalia, I don't mean that at all," Midna interrupted with a very polite nod, "I was simply suggesting that we walk out of that cursed door and spare my poor ears from all the crap these annoying people throw at me." This sarcastic, impolite remark did not faze Zalia at all. She was well aware of Midna's mischievous attitude, and encouraged it most of the time, but tonight was different. The king himself addressed both, the Princess and Zalia, just to remind them how important their presence was going to be at the party.

What party? Zalia thought with amusement, all these people do is compliment and fake flattery, this is a reunion for kiss asses.

"What is this? are you actually, thinking about it Zalia?" Midna mused and tapped her chin, "that's very unlike you," she snickered. Zalia glared at Midna, one of the few people that dares, and stuck her nose up high.

"I'm simply thinking a way to avoid your father. You know how he gets when you go against his wishes..." Zalia was very uneasy, though. She was well aware that the king disapproves of her friendship with Midna and was always ready to sabotage it.

"Correction. He simply turns into an imp whenever you and I go against his wishes, which makes it even more entertaining," Midna stated and glanced at Zalia one more time, "so, are you coming or not?" she was irritated by Zalia's sudden thoughtful mood, but found it amusing at the same time.

"I'm coming, I'm coming..." Zalia mumbled and looked around, just to make sure non of the twili that surrounded them were aware of their plans.

"Excellent!" Midna's eyes beamed with excitement as she gracefully walked towards the door, or, as it seemed, the wall with noble engravings. Zalia followed suit, still thinking about the King. He seemed so damn serious when he warned them about some kind of punishment. What and why? Zalia could not recall.

The door was halfway open when two guards blocked their way. Zalia immediately felt her heart sink to the bottom of her stomach. Those guards were obviously sent by the King himself to fetch both Midna and her. She side-glanced at Midna and felt even more uneasy.

You shouldn't have said 'yes' Zalia scolded herself but knew very well it was a bit too late.

The guards silently took them to King's chamber. It was quite a feast to the eyes every time they turned a corner, the decoration became more elaborate and fancier the closer they approached the King's chamber. Right at the last corridor, the decoration vanished and the walls surrounding them turned pitch black. It was almost impossible to notice there was a wall there, but Zalia was very aware there was. This little fact made her feel less ignorant of her surroundings, but she knew this was unknown territory.

Finally, they reached their destination. Zalia didn't glance at Midna since they were caught sneaking out, but when she did, Midna seemed more thrilled than anything. This made Zalia feel more uneasy.

"Enter," stated an impotent voice. The King's voice, no doubt.

Midna walked into the room willingly, unlike Zalia, who stood there a couple of seconds before following.

"Midna..." the dark shadow that stood in front of them started, his voice grave and disappointed, "you've once again failed to follow my orders. This time won't be like the last..."

Zalia didn't pay attention to his lecture, instead you marveled the King's chamber. Objects of great rarity could be found everywhere and beautiful twilight markings were embed into the walls, making the black stone glow with red and green beams, entrancing Zalia.

"- as for your friend, she'll be fully punished until the end of the month," Zalia snapped out of her gawking at the King's words and stared at him with dismay.

"What to do with her?... a twili that follows my daughter everywhere, unable to cast even the simplest spell..." he continued, ignoring the glares he received from both Midna and Zalia, "she seems weaker than an imp! I know.... she'll train as a soldier for a month. It's settled. You'll start your training tomorrow at dawn. You're both dismissed." The King waved his hand and the soldiers escorted Midna and Zalie out of his chamber.

Maybe that yes was just the beginning of even more mischief.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, Zant isn't popping into the picture.... until now. ::tehe: This is really getting somewhere.