Status: active

Fused Shadows

Entertainment

"You have such a cruel sense of humor, Midna!" Zalia snapped when the Princess started to laugh at her misfortune. She was very worried now, how was she supposed to be a full blown soldier in a month? It was asking for the impossible and Midna was very aware of that fact, hence her hysterical laughter.

"I mean...." Midna continued to laugh, "you've never wielded a sword and now you have to become a soldier! My dad really knows how to entertain me." She chuckled the last part causing Zalia's jaw to drop open.

"Entertain you? and since when do you call the King dad? What's next? Daddy?" Zalia questioned Midna, her voice snappy and irritated. The guards that were escorting them felt very awkward, they even looked awkward. One of them, though, kept shooting Zalia curious glances. He wondered if she was even fit to become a soldier. She looked so fragile, but her red flaming hair betrayed her fragile looking body. The intensity of such hair made the guard feel like she had some kind of hope, but didn't dwell over it for long. One thing was for sure - she was going to suffer.

"We're here," the thoughtful guard announced when they neared Midna's chamber. After Zalia's questioning nobody uttered a word. Irritation radiated out of her, causing everybody that passed by her to shudder.

"Will I, at least, get an answer?" Zalia asked with a clenched jaw. Midna simply smiled and walked into her chamber, casting a look behind her.

"I won't ever call the King dad again. That shall be all," Midna smirked and slammed shut the entrance to her chamber. Leaving behind a very angry, anguished, horrified, unfortunate, flaming red girl, who was not pleased in any way.

Zalia turned around and sprinted down the hallways, leaving behind two very confused guards. She had a plan, one that did not benefit her in any way, but a plan that will get everything over with. But, during the mean time, she really had nothing to do. Actually, the only thing she could think of was how stupid her actions were.

Maybe I should visit the training area, Zalia dreadfully thought and picture herself on the floor dead from exhaustion, or maybe I shouldn't.

In the end she decided to visit her mother, seeing that last time she paid a visit was over 2 years ago. Something was pushing Zalia to go visit such person, though, she really didn't want to do it. Her mother had a horrible temper, one that Zalia disliked very much. "She is my mother anyway..." she mumbled to herself and sighed in defeat.

Servants hurried around and shoved past Zalia, showing not one ounce of respect. Of course, she was a commoner that met Midna by chance and befriend her. In the Palace she was seen as a nuisance that merely kept the Princess entertained. She had exclusive permission to enter the private hallways, though, in which only high ranked guards, servants and nobles were able to stroll around. But not even that pleased Zalia. She always felt like something was missing, that something she deserved had been placed out of her grasp, but she never knew what. It was a mere feeling that kept her awake at night, when she walked back to the little house she called home. It never felt like home... the Palace did.

She finally reached the Palace's grand entrance. The gates were tall and magnificent, causing every twili stop in their tracks and stare at it. Even the servants took their time to ogle at it when they passed by. Zalia would also walk slowly and take in all the beauty of it, but not today. Time was of an essence and Zalia knew she had little of it left. She simply had to visit her mother and make sure everything was okay. Then she had to sleep well for tomorrows deadly mission.

"Excuse me, are you lost? this is the Palace. No commoners are allowed inside without permission," a guard, no taller than Zalia, decided to remind her of her low rank and shoo her away from the Palace. She did not reply, she was too anguished to reply. The mere thought of her being a commoner caused havoc and unsettling emotions in her mind. She didn't want to face reality, she wanted to run away from it and hide.

She walked right past the guard and headed towards her destination. She barely remembered the way, but knew enough to find it. After walking for some time she reached her mother's house, or shack, as it seemed. Zalia knocked on the door, not really decided if she wanted to see her mother again but, before she could even have second thoughts about it, the door swung open and a sickly woman, identical to Zalia, stood there, holding the door open.

"Come in," the woman coughed and closed the door as Zalia entered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like the length of this chapter ::XD: but, I guess I did bore you down a little this chapter, didn't I? well, Zant is still on hold. But, believe me, some interesting things are going to happen from now on. ::weird: I promise.

Opinions?