Innocence and a Broken Heart

Broken

Authors Note: This is the last one that takes place in the past for the rest of the story, the rest in the present. You needed these to understand the rest of it.

Okay, so my goal in this sty is to capture the readers emotions and get a tear out of you haha. So tell me what you feel when you read it. Thank you!!

Still freshman year.

==================

Knock
Knock
Knock

“What the?” I said, jerking awake to small rocks being thrown at my window. I grabbed a sweatshirt, threw it on and walked over to the window and pushed it out to see Nathan sitting the tree that led onto my balcony. “What are you doing here?” I cried laughing and walking out onto the balcony. I wrapped my sweatshirt in closer. “Its freezing!”

“Come on.” He said.

“What?” I said laughing.

“We are going to a party. Go get dressed. My sister will drive us. Go!” He said.

“Okay!” I said laughing, my heart beating. I don’t do this often, well ever. I’ve never snuck out or gone to a real high school party. This was crazy, but in the best way.

I threw on a tight pink cami and a grey cardigen over it with tight skinny jeans and short grey steve madden boots. I threw my hair into a messy bun and put on some eyeliner and went back outside.

“Nice.” He said with an approving nod. I smiled and quickly pinched my arm to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. I wasn’t.

We got to the party about 20minutes later, all the while I couldn’t breathe. I was sure my phone would start ringing any moment and my mom would be on the other end screaming to get the hell home. Luckily, my phone didn’t ring.

“So, uh why did you ask me to come?” I said sitting on the couch beside Nathan as I sipped on some foul tasting drink that some random hot senior handed me as I walked in. Nathans arm lazily draped around me. “I mean I haven’t seen you much since school started.”

“Exactly. I missed you.”

“Oh,” was all I could manage as I snuggled closer to him.

“Want to dance?” He said suddenly jumping to his feet and sticking out his hand as a Lady Gaga song began blaring through the speakers.

I giggled, “sure.” We twirled around a couple times dancing and looking like complete morons. I had a couple more of those drinks and let me tell you they really did the trick. Who knows what was in them, but they made me feel so good and alive. I twirled and danced and laughed and couldn’t remember a time when I had more fun.

“Come here.” Nathan slurred in my ear at around 2am. He took my hand as I giggled, the room spinning in happy circles. He pulled me into a room, and shut the door behind me as the noise died away. And it was just this two of us in this room together. I smiled, thinking about the last time it was like this and how perfect it had been.

“Nath-“ but before I could finish, soft lips were pressed against mine. I was taken by surprise but I just went with it. His lips parted slowly as he stuck his tounge in my mouth. I ran my fingers through his shaggy hair, something I had dreamt about hundred times. Soon his soft gentle kisses turned aggressive, but inviting at the same time. After a half an hour we pulled apart and stood their looking at each other, smiling taking it in.

______________

I wasn’t sure how I got home but somehow I found myself in my bed the next morning, feeling like I was going to die. I can’t remember a time where I had been that thirsty or had a headache so far. I slept until about 2pm, until I finally was alive enough to climb out of bed.

Luckily, my mom didn’t suspect a thing although I was parinoid. All day that kiss replayed in my mind and I wanted more. He wouldn't have kissed me if he didn't like me. I was sure of it. All this time I had suspected that he had feelings for me too, I just wasn't sure. But now I was.

So at around 4 I took my dog out for a walk and somehow ended up next door on their front porch. I was about to ring the doorbell when I heard it through the upstairs window.

“So I heard that you and Lily made out last night?” Nathan’s best friend Brett said.

“What?” Nathan coughed. “Please. I have standards. I would not make out with someone so fat, ugly and pathetic unless I was being paid. We did not make out. I brought her to the party so that maybe she could meet someone and stop obsessing over me.”

My eyes started to burn and my knees went weak. A rush of pain shot to my chest as I let my knees buckle and fall. I layed on his front stoop, my heart burning and breaking. It overtook my entire body so that I couldn't breathe. I couldn't do anything but lay their, curl up in a ball and cry, and I havn't gotten up since.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?