Status: Active

Before We Go Down

I Have To Tell You

The air was unusually humid as I pulled into my parking spot next to The Red Onion Cafe. I turned off the engine and hit the door with the side of my fist before the lock popped open and I was able to get out.

I could hear Chris on the patio above The Red Onion singing and playing his guitar. We had just started to rent the apartment above The Red Onion, but the only reason we got the apartment is because Chris's mom is friends with the owner. Everyone else thought we were just two hippie kids who were going to trash the place. I just wanted somewhere to sleep when I got home from tour. I couldn't wait to go back on tour because the weather was insane in Joplin.

I walked past the doorway and up the flight of stairs before opening the unlocked door and heading inside. I threw my jacket on a chair before heading to the fridge to see if Chris had drunk the last POM juice.

Damn...he did. I grabbed a beer and was heading to the patio when I saw one of our walls scribbled on with crayon. It looked like a five year old had done it. I headed outside and saw Chris smoking a cigarette, his bare feet on the table. Chris was like the little brother I never had.

"Nice wall decorations," I said pulling up a chair and taking a swig of my beer. Chris shrugged his shoulders and started strumming on his guitar.

"I got bored. Besides, I needed to shoot a Youtube video, so I figured I'd make it interesting," He said. I nodded absentmindedly as I watched the cars go by on the street.

"Is Jeremy's party still on?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's still on. Jeremy was bugging earlier because Brittany was so nervous. I guess she's doing it for her friend Kate who's moving in with her,"

"I thought Brittany was moving in with Jeremy."

"I have no idea anymore. Those two are always on and off," I nodded and watched across the street where Jeremy's apartment was. There was a dark haired girl on their stoop. Her head was turned away, but she had a cute figure. She walked inside, and I took another swig of beer and headed inside.

I went to my room and crashed onto my bed. A photo slipped out from under the mattress onto the bed. I picked it up and looked at it and my heart sunk a little.

It was of Charlotte and me. I always questioned why I kept her picture. She was a cheater. I guess it was because she was my first real love. I wasn't hung up on her. I flirted with girls plenty of times.

Instead of thinking about it, I shoved the picture back under the mattress. I took a long drink of beer before putting it down on the nightstand and falling asleep.