This Is Becoming a Catastrophe

This Is Becoming A Catastrophe Ch.3

Two Weeks Later...

Maybe I should just give up on trying to see if Derek likes me or not. He doesn’t seem to be showing any signs of it, even when it’s just us two hanging out. Maybe I have to make the first move, since I was the one with the ex-girlfriend.
We were sitting in my lawn, basking in the sun on one of those rare warm autumn days.
“Derek, I have something that I wanna just put out there.” I said, my hands shaking slightly and my heartbeat skyrocketing. I really don’t know what’s going to happen after he finds out that I want him, and badly, but I’m just gonna have to take that chance.
“Shoot.” He said, looking at me while picking at a blade of grass.
I sighed. “Well..um..Derek..”
Stumbling over words.
Butterflies in the stomach.
Kyle was right.
I sighed again, this time more impatient, and more confident, now that I knew what I was feeling. I didn’t know about him, but I was willing to risk it. “I don’t know why, and I don’t know where the hell it came from, but I think I’m falling for you.” I said in one breath.
Derek was slightly speechless. “O-oh, um...”
I laughed a little. “I just wanted to get that off my chest, it’s okay if you don’t go for guys or whatever...”
“No, it’s not that at all. I’m actually bi, but I already have a girlfriend...” He said, looking down at the grass, picking a fresh piece to string apart.
“Oh, alright, that’s totally cool...”
“But.” He started again.
I looked up at him, and he was looking at me right back.
“I think I’m starting to fall for you, too, as awful as that sounds with me being in a relationship and all.”
“Well don’t go off and break up with your girlfriend just because of me. She was here first.” I said, trying to sound as indifferent as possible, but I couldn’t help but feel a pang of sadness and jealousy for the fact that he’s taken already. I mean, I really didn’t wanna break them up, but my feelings toward Derek have been getting stronger every day I hang out with him. Something new pops up every time that makes me fall for him more. Not to mention Kyle and Colby are all over his hotness.
“I guess we’re just gonna see where everything goes from here.” Derek said quietly.
The next two days weren’t any different than the last two weeks, thank god. I was hoping that there wouldn’t be any awkwardness between the two of us after that. Or maybe that’s just because we were around Kyle, Colby and Austin the whole time.
Tonight it’s just gonna be the two of us at my house, and in all honesty, I was slightly nervous. What if I can’t handle it and start like making out with him out of nowhere and then he leaves and doesn’t talk to me again because I started making out with him while he had a girlfriend?
I buried my face in my hands. I’m over thinking everything. If I don’t think about any of that stuff, then it’ll have a lesser chance of happening.
I brought my face out of my hands before I heard a knock on the door.
I hopped off the couch and opened the door, seeing Derek looking amazing in his black skinny jeans and tight band shirt. I didn’t even care what band it was, the point was that he looked hot, and I wanted to jump on him, but I refrained and just said, “Hey, come on in.” I stepped out of the way.
“Thanks.” He said, coming in as I closed the door. We both sat on the couch and I turned on the TV. I didn’t make any note of it out loud, but Derek started slowly scooting closer to me, and I had no problem with that. When he was right up against me, I looked at him, smirking, and before I had time to think, he started kissing me fiercely. I never knew I’d like a guy’s lips as much as I liked Derek’s. I climbed onto his lap and started exploring his body, like I’ve wanted to do for a while now. He started doing the same as our tongues danced together.
Before either of us got anymore into it, Derek pulled away from my lips and lightly set me down on the couch next to him. He looked at the floor while I looked in the opposite direction, blushing.
“I’m sorry.” Derek said softly.
“No, it’s my fault for letting you.” I said.
“But I started it.” He argued.
“But I admitted to liking you in the first place.”
“Is that a bad thing?” Derek asked.
I looked at him and he was smirking. “No, I guess not. But like I said before, don’t break up with her because of me, please. I would feel bad.”
“But what if I want you more?” He asked, running a finger up my leg.
I squirmed away from how much that tickled, giggling softly in the process. “Just do what ever you think is best for you. I’m fine with just being friends, even though I’d really like to be more.”
“I would, too, believe me.” Derek pulled out his phone and texted someone. I didn’t ask who, it was none of my business.
When he was done, he had a smirk on his face. “I just totally pissed her off on purpose.”
“Why would you do that?!” I asked, totally confused at his reasoning.
“So I have a reason to cheat on her with you tonight.” He said, his voice getting seductive as he leaned in closer to me, trying to climb on top of me.
I pushed him away. “No, no, no. This is wrong and I will not take part in it. Getting her pissed just so you can be with me, really? Wow.” I said, getting slightly angry with what he just did. “And a reason to cheat on her? Did you think we were gonna do anything tonight, anyways? That’s so horrible.” I shook my head and got off the couch, going into the fridge to grab a bottle of water. I wasn’t becoming too fond of Derek anymore. A reason to cheat? I’m just a reason to cheat on her? Nothing else? I started to wonder if he was lying when he said that he was falling for me. Maybe he just wanted the physical action, which was definitely not me. I won’t stand for that.
I sighed. Here comes more bad luck. I went back into the living room and Derek was sitting on the couch, knees to his chest, looking at the floor, slightly saddened. When I took a seat next to him, he looked up at me, then back down again. “I’m sorry. You’re right. That was stupid of me to do.”
“It was. I’m not gonna be part of any sort of cheating scandal, I don’t like all that drama, and it makes me feel dirty. I like clean relationships that involve just two people.”
Derek continued looking at the floor, nodding. “I’m sorry. I think I’ll go. Call me later, okay?” He got up and hugged me tightly. I felt bad for doing this to him, but he needed to realize that I wasn’t a big pushover. I hugged him back, now not wanting to let go. “If you wanna be with me so bad, just end it with her. It’s not that hard. You don’t have to cheat on her just to break up with her. Just tell her your eyes are set on someone else.” I said quietly, resting my head on his shoulder.
I felt him sigh into me. “I know, It’s just...I’ve never broken up with someone before. I don’t know how to, exactly. I’m afraid that I’ll hurt her.”
“Well you’re not gonna totally walk away from it feeling fine and dandy, and neither is she. That’s just a fact of break ups. Just do it, quick and painless. You both will hurt less if you end it right then and there.” I said, then sighed. “And if you really don’t wanna break up with her, then don’t, but just know that you’re not getting me then.”
We just stood there in silence, in each others’ embraces. I didn’t say anything, letting him think about what he wanted to do.
He leaned away from me and grabbed my face lightly. I looked straight into his eyes, filled with slight sadness. “I wanna be with you.”
I smiled. “So you’re breaking up with her?”
He nodded, his face moving slightly closer to mine, his hands moving down to my neck. Our foreheads touched, and our lips soon after. Our bodies were tight up against each other, and for a second I forgot that Derek was still, technically, taken, and I was, technically, being used to cheat on his girlfriend. He was just so amazing...
We parted, both smiling.
“I think you should go.” I whispered, giving him a small kiss.
“Yeah, I think so, too. I’ll call you either later or tomorrow, alright?”
“Alright, talk to you then.” We kissed one last time before he left my arms and went out the door.