This Is Becoming a Catastrophe

This Is Becoming A Catastrophe Ch.9

I stood up and hugged her tightly, instantly remembering how perfectly she fit into my hugs.
“I’ve missed you so much. The only reason why I didn’t want to hang out with you that one day is because I was scared of being ‘just friends’. I don’t think I could ever get over you. I love you.” I said, and even though those three things were unconnected and completely scatterbrained, they all seemed to fit perfectly together in that sentence.
“I love you, too. I’ve always loved you. You’re so perfect.” Alisha said, looking up at me.
I looked down at her and our lips connected, something I’ve missed for a while.
“So, what exactly is your view on guys?” She asked me as we sat down next to Colby, who instantly hugged Alisha.
“I missed you, hon.” He said.
“I’ve missed you, too, Colby.”
After their mini reunion, they both turned their heads toward me for a response.
“I honestly don’t know. I guess I can consider myself bi.” I decided.
“But you’re not gonna pull what Derek did?” Alisha asked.
“Oh no, definitely not. And you’re not gonna cheat on me again?” I asked, grabbing her hand.
“No, absolutely not, now that I know what it feels like to lose the love of your life.” Alisha said, looking at me, smiling.
“I think all three of us know what that feels like.” Colby said, sadness in his tone.
“I’m so sorry, Colby. Are you ever gonna forgive Kyle?” Alisha asked, massaging Colby’s knee.
He shook his head. “I don’t think so. I’ve forgiven him one too many times. He took advantage of me, thought of me as a pushover, and I won’t have that, because I’m not a pushover. I’m strong and I won’t let someone do that to me, even if that someone is the person you thought you could spend the rest of your life with.”
I put my arm around him, squeezing his shoulder. “You’ll find someone twice as amazing as Kyle, I promise.”
“But that’s the thing. Maybe...there’s no one out there that can fill that position. Maybe I’m just destined to be alone the rest of my life because there’s no one out there that thinks I’m good enough.” He said, his bottom lip quivering. He masked it with his sweatshirt covered hand, but I could see the tears welling up in his eyes. This was an all too familiar situation from before he met Kyle. I was hoping we wouldn’t get back to this position.
“Colby, that is complete bullshit. You are good enough for any guy out there, in fact, you’re better than all those losers. It’s not that you don’t deserve any of them, they don’t deserve you. They should feel fucking lucky when they say they’re with you, because, in all honesty, you’re probably the best guy I’ve ever met, gay or straight.” Alisha said, going on the other side of him so she could hug him, too.
He sniffed and wiped his eyes. “I’m not that great of a person, though. I don’t see what’s so amazing about me.”
“Do I really have to list it all? You’re honest. You’re caring. You’re loving. You’re funny as hell. You would never go back on your word. You’re loyal...” I listed off, counting them on my fingers.
I saw a hint of a true smile in his face as he hugged my torso. “Thanks honey, and you, too, Alisha.”
She smiled and joined our group hug. “Just know this, Colby. No matter how special Kyle was, you’ll always have people that love you just as much as he did, if not more.”
“I know, this is just the hard part. Things will get better, I hope.” He said, trying to cheer himself up.
“They will get better.” I said in his ear.
We all let go of each other.
“I haven’t seen Derek leave yet...” Colby trailed off, slightly confused.
“Lets go see what’s goin’ on.” I said, grabbing Alisha’s hand to pull her off the step. Colby, Alisha and I looked through his front window and we saw Kyle and Derek sitting and talking on the couch.
“Well, I guess I shouldn’t be too worried about what they’re doing. He’s not mine, and neither is his house. Whatever he does now is his decision alone. He doesn’t need any sort of help from me.” Colby said, turning away from the window. I could tell he was masking all his pain with indifference. He wanted to rush into that house and tell Derek to fuck off and never come near “his man” again, but he couldn’t, and it hurt him to know this fact.
“Hey, do you want us to stay with you tonight? At your house?” I asked as we were walking down the steps.
“Would you?” He asked in a slightly pleading voice.
“Of course! Will their be ice cream and frosting involved?” Alisha asked.
“Psh, hon, you should know me by now. There will always be ice cream and frosting at a break up sleep over.”
“What about a chick flick to make fun of?” I offered.
“I have a whole shelf full.” Colby said proudly, getting into his car. “See you two shortly.”
“Definitely.” I said, waving to him as he backed out of the driveway.
Alisha and I stood there for a few seconds, then she flew into my arms and our lips met.
“I’ve missed this. All of this. I’m such a dumbass for ever leaving you.” Alisha said into my chest.
I pet her hair and rested my cheek against the top of her head. “I’ve missed you, too. Everyday.”
“Still have the ring?” She asked.
I looked down at her. “I do, but I don’t think I’m gonna pull it out for a while yet. Lets just get things going again, ‘kay?” I said quietly, smiling a little.
She gave me a small kiss. “Okay. In the meantime, lets get over to Colby’s house.”
I squeezed her one last time before we let go and went into our own cars. She followed me the whole way there, and by the time we got there, Colby was already in his pajamas (he calls them lounging pants) with two flavors of ice cream, chocolate and vanilla frosting, and three spoons laying out, with the movie How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days being put into the DVD player. There were also blankets laid out with pillows and I smelled popcorn coming from the microwave.
“Wow, you’ve got everything for a movie night, huh?” I said, plopping down on the couch, Alisha following right beside me.
“Oh, definitely. You always have to be prepared. I have some extra lounging pants that you two can borrow if you wanna get comfy.”
I snorted. “Are there any that are actually long enough for me?”
He gave me a disapproving look, smiling. “Caleb, look at this.” He lifted his leg up and the pants fell past his feet. “I think they’re gonna be long enough for you and your amazon self.”
“Thanks, Colby.” I said, going into his room and grabbing two pairs of pajama pants from his drawer, handing one to Alisha. Rightfully, it was the only pink pair that he owned.
“You know, for some reason, these pants don’t surprise me at all.” Alisha said, looking at them in the mirror. They were really long on her as well. My blue and green plaid ones fit me perfectly.
“He’s had those for a while, I’ve seen them before.”
We walked back into the living room and Colby was already digging into the triple chocolate ice cream.
“Fine, don’t wait for us to get down here to start.” I said in a teasing tone, grabbing a spoon and sitting next to him, digging into the ice cream. Alisha sat next to me and grabbed the chocolate frosting.
“This stuff is too good to wait for.” Colby said, pressing play on the DVD player.