Sequel: Love Sucks
Status: Complete

Love Bites

The End Is Near… Or Is It?

“What? I can’t be, this must be some sort of sick and twisted joke isn’t it?” I said, laughing lightly. But the look on Mr. Carson’s face told me otherwise.

“Well, the bite has to have been that of a wolf,” said Mr. Carson. “And once you are bitten… you are no longer human. But there is sort of good news. There is a way to counteract the wolf bite. But you wouldn’t like it…”

“What? What is it? I will do anything to not be this way!” I sobbed.

“One of our kind will have to kill the wolf who had bitten you,” said Mr. Carson. “And to make sure that the wolf’s power over your body is broken… one of us will have to turn you into a vampire. Mostly due to the fact that we have to bleed you out…”

“So what am I supposed to do now?” I asked, trembling with fear as to what I had now become.

“Go, find your pack,” said Mr. Carson. “And somehow figure out which one had bitten you. Once you do, make sure you come back to me and tell me so we can plan this out better.”

I nodded, and walked out of the bathroom. “Gia!” called Henry, running down the stairs. I ignored him as I ran out of the house. Tears welled up in my eyes. I was now no longer protected from what dangers lay ahead. I was now Henry’s sworn enemy, until I was cured.

Okay, how the fuck am I supposed to find the Brethren? I wondered to myself as I headed back home. Hmm… maybe I can smell my own kind? Or can I howl? I don’t know! I’ve only been a freaking wolf for a few minutes! What am I going to do?

I sat down on the front steps of my house and sobbed. Why does bad crap always have to happen to me? I wiped my nose with my hand, and gasped as I looked down. There by my knees was a wolf. I recoiled, and started to scream, but it had morphed instantly, and held a hand over my mouth. Didn’t really conceal my screams; I only screamed louder because he was now naked in front of me.

“Don’t-scream,” said Andrew Blood as he put on his shorts one handed while still covering my mouth. “Yeah, I know I am naked. Big whoop. I was sent to bring you to the Brethren. They need you…”

Andrew slowly took his hand away from my mouth. “Gia? Are you okay? What’s the matter?”

“OH SURE!” I yelled as I shoved him off the front steps. “I’m perfectly peachy! I’m no longer human right now, I am now the sworn enemy of my boyfriend, and I just saw you naked. I think I’m perfectly fine, don’t you agree?!?!”

“Wait, what?” said Andrew as he gave me a puzzled look. “How are you not human anymore? And you are not my sworn enemy, Gia. And I thought you would like me being naked…”

“Like you don’t know I am like you!” I hissed. “AND I AM NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND!!!! And seeing you naked MADE ME GAG!”

“WHAT?!?!” shrieked Andrew. “I had no idea! The Brethren just told me to bring you back to them… Holy crap. That changes everything. Come on now, morph with me; it will be much quicker that way…”
“I DON’T BLOODY KNOW HOW TO!” I screamed at him, beating my fists on his bare chest.

“Okay, listen to me,” grinned Andrew. “I will close my eyes. Here’s some string to tie your clothes up. You’re going to have to strip naked unless you want to tear your clothes off in the process…”

“Andrew if you so much as PEEK at me,” I growled as I undressed after I had made sure his eyes were completely covered and shut. “I will kill you with my bare hands!”

“Okay, now that you’re naked, you have got to think of the change. Embrace the inner wolf you have now been gifted with…”

I quickly closed my eyes, deep in concentration, and suddenly I was on all fours. I felt my skin turn into rippling fur, my nose morph into a canine like snout. My hands and feet were now soft and velvety paws, my once hairless legs were now thinner than before and covered with thick fur. I panted, the change being so much for me to handle, and as I listened to my labored breathing, I could tell I was no longer human.

“Aw! What a cute doggie!” cried Andrew as he began to pull off his shorts to morph also. I growled angrily at him, and he seemed to get the ‘fuck off,’ message. “Come on Gia, follow me… If you can keep up!”

He was a wolf in a split instance, and he ran down my block, and into the woods. I grew nervous as I ran after him. Why did the Brethren want me? I didn’t have to wait long for that answer as we walked straight into the Brethren’s circle.

“Greetings and salutations,” greeted a familiar face as he bowed politely to Andrew and I. “I am glad you have made it…”

“As you both know, I am Cicero DeRiene, leader of the Brethren. It has been my sworn duty to eradicate the blood lovers. It has been passed down, generation to generation, and it will continue to happen even after I am long gone. I need an heir to my throne, and thankfully, I have found it in this young wolfling right here…”

I rolled my eyes as he pointed to Andrew. Woop de friggen do. Andrew Blood is next in line for the crazy wolf throne.

“And since I have found my heir, it is only right that he be given a mate,” grinned Cicero. “Both of you, morph back into your human forms… I command you!”

I didn’t feel like showing my naked body to the whole group, but I did as I was told. The fur, muzzle, and canine features melted away, and I stood there, exposed for all to see. I blushed, and quickly remembered my clothes, and rushed to put them on.

“There is no need to cover up such a beautifully built body,” said Cicero seductively. “Mind you, it won’t be so beautiful by the time I have you broken in…”

“Wolves of the Brethren!” bellowed Cicero to the pack. “Lend me your ears! Tonight, I have changed this here beauty, and by doing so, marry off her and Andrew to start a new life together. And now, it is time for a celebration!”

I nearly shat myself. So, Cicero had been the one who bit me… Hold up! Crazy psychotic wolf man chieftain say what?! I got to marry this dope?! Oh no! Not going to happen! I will KILL before that happens…

“Andrew, I need to use the bathroom,” I said, smiling sweetly back at him. “I will be back in just a second my love!”

I sauntered away deeper into the forest, and once I saw the coast was clear, I broke into an all out run. I ran as fast as I could. I HAD to escape from this and tell Mr. Carson, I just had to.

The wind whipped my clothing, and I realized that I could run… really really fast. I pushed myself to run faster, and soon got to the Carson’s door.

“MR.CARSON?!” I yelled as pounded on the door. “I got the info-”

The door opened, and there stood Henry, mouth open and staring at me like I had a fatal, contagious disease. “Go… leave!” said Henry as he started to close the door.

“NO!” said Mr. Carson as he held the door. “Gia, please come in…”

“You are letting her in this house, after she is now-”

“Henry, this was not her choice!” bellowed Mr. Carson. “Now, I need to talk to her privately! Go off with Rollo!”

Mr. Carson led me to his office, and closed the door behind him. “The name… you have gotten the name?”

“Yes… it’s Cicero DeRiene… and I am now betrothed!” I moaned as I collapsed to the floor.

The door burst open, and Rollo stood there in complete shock with Henry and Mrs. Carson. “Now before any of you say anything, this was not done out of free will,” said Mr. Carson firmly. “But now things are getting a bit more complicated… What to do? What to do?”

“Henry, she’s not only our enemy, but she is also MARRYING our enemy as well,” said Rollo as he sighed uneasily.

There was a loud clap of thunder that rocked the house a bit, and the once breaking dawn was now filled with cloudy skies and down pouring rain; Henry’s doing of course…

“You are marrying that SCUM?” shouted Henry as a lightening bolt had struck a tree. “How could you do this?”

“I don’t have a choice!” I said, tearing my hair in frustration. “I am a part of the Brethren whether I like it or not! And Cicero, the man who happened to have bit me, is marrying me off to Andrew to make more heirs. But I don’t want to… not if I can help it.”

“Henry, I have a plan,” sighed Mr. Carson. “But this is complicated, and we can very well start a war now. Your connection with Gia is far stronger than anyone else in this family. You must find Cicero, and kill him. It’s the only way we will be able to get Gia back to our side…”

“Dad, tell him the rest of it all,” said Rollo grimly. “He needs to know…”

“Son, you are not going to like this, but Rollo is right,” said Mr. Carson, sucking in his cheeks. “There is more to it than that. We are going to have to bleed Gia out, and turn her into one of us in order to completely save her from a wolf transformation…”

“NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL WILL I LET YOU BLEED HER TO DEATH!” shouted Henry as the roar of the storm intensified even more.

CRASH! Mrs. Carson had thrown a knickknack at Henry’s head telekinetically, and it made everyone very quiet and still. “Now see here everyone!” said Mrs. Carson, finally getting a chance to speak. “This is the price to pay if we want Gia back. I say to take a vote. Who wants to fight the Brethren to bring Gia back, and then turn her into a vampire, raise your hand.”

I raised my hand, and saw that Mr. and Mrs. Carson’s hands were raised. “Majority rules…”

“NO!!!!” shouted Henry, punching his fist into the wall. “I won’t let you! We can just kill the asshole who bit her, and she will be fine!”

“Son, she will have his wolf DNA in her bloodstream,” said Mr. Carson. “Yes, the magic of the person who had bitten her will disappear, but if left unattended, she could become a savage beast. Now, you wouldn’t want that to happen? Your love of your life finally saved from the Brethren only to become a savage, wild animal.”

“Rollo, what are you thinking?” asked Mrs. Carson as she put a hand on his shoulder. “What’s the matter dear?”

“It’s everything!” said Rollo frustrated. “If we go through with this, do you have ANY idea what this means? Do you have ANY idea what will happen afterwards???”

“Rollo, I know what will happen,” said Mr. Carson wearily. “But if Henry or any of us wants to save her from her lupine fate, this is the price we must pay…”

“What are you talking about?” I asked anxiously. “What are you saying that will happen?”

“War, Gia!” cried Rollo bitterly. “We are going to have all out warfare if we save you! Think about it, we are going to kill the LEADER of the Brethren. And we are going to change their chosen one into their loathed enemy! You are supposed to be the one who passes on the heirs, the baby maker, so to speak for the Brethren…”

“I AM NO ONE’S BABY MAKER!” I screamed loudly. “Let’s get this over with. What am I to do? I just ran away from the celebration of my forthcoming marriage to Andrew Blood…”

Henry’s anger showed as the thunderstorm turned more monstrous than ever before. “Calm down the destructive storm,” said Mr. Carson as he put a hand on Henry’s shoulder. “If we are to do this, we have to do this calmly. After all, you are the one who has to kill Cicero…”

“And I will do so with PLEASURE!” growled Henry, his fangs now exposed. I shuddered and turned from him.

“So when are we going to do this whole thing?” I asked. “Cause I’m going to have to explain things to my mom you know…”

“Just tell your mom that things aren’t working out at home, and you have to leave,” said Mr. Carson. “It’s going to be hard, but you are not going to be able to have contact with her anymore…”

“You cannot tell her what you are going to become, or else Nausicaia will be after you for divulging our secret to humans,” said Henry.

“What? Wait a minute-” I began. “You told me, and I’m human, and I know all about this!”

“Yes, but you are far different than your mother,” said Henry, the storm finally starting to calm down. “You are my soul mate, my other half. The one I was destined to be with forever…”

I could hear the rain pitter patter against the window pane as I walked slowly over to hug Henry. To my surprise, he backed away from me. “You are my enemy still, and I don’t trust you…”

“Give it a rest, Henry!” growled Mr. Carson. “This girl has been through a lot! Give her some credit that she has the guts to come back to us, even after being changed into a wolf!”

Henry rolled his eyes, and suddenly he was floating in midair. His body was spinning like a top, and flipping over and over, backwards and forwards. “If you love this girl, you will forgive her!” hissed Mrs. Carson as she continued to throw and toss Henry’s body about the room. “You know I spoke with her a while back, and I KNOW for a fact she is not one for betrayal. Yes, Nausicaia saw this, but it was only betrayal to the eyes. If she had seen more, why Gia had been changed-”

“You are going to question HOW Nausicaia sees things?” shrieked Henry.

“Henry, I know it is had to conceive Nausicaia being wrong about one of her visions, but it is true. Gia was attacked by the Brethren leader, and we need to retaliate now before it is too late,” said Rollo sternly. “We must act, and since there is no time like the present…”

“Goddamn it!” bellowed Henry. “This isn’t going to be easy! And mind you, we are probably going to be going to our deaths for Gia!”

“You know that she is the same girl you have always loved,” said Mrs. Carson reassuringly. “We all know there is a chance we are going to our deaths Hen, but at least it is for something worthwhile. Love. You know I have never seen you happier than when you were with Gia? It is because you loved her, and you still do. I know it is what you really want deep down inside, but you are afraid of the outcome. If you have any doubts, know this: I have accepted her, as did George and Rollo into this family. We will take good care of her, Hen, and you know that.”

Henry turned to look at me, and I saw a small tear roll down his face. “Let’s do this shit now and be done with it!”
* * *
I went home to change into something more suitable, besides my Tinkerbell pajamas. I put on a low cut black, lacy tank top, my black, long bohemian skirt, and my Celtic armband. The armband was silver, with a Celtic knot. I hoped since it was a priceless heirloom of my family’s, that it would give me the strength it had given my ancestors.

I put on some dark makeup, and some ruby red lipstick as I slipped into my ballet flats. I had to look simply irresistible in order for this plan to work. I glanced at myself in the mirror before saying goodbye to my mother for the last time.

“Mom, I can’t stay here with you anymore,” I said, tears threatening to ruin my makeup. “I’ve been seeing someone behind your back, and I am going off to live with him and his family…”

“Like hell you are missy!” said my mother, almost overturning the table. “You take one step outside this house and you are grounded!”

“I have to leave now!” I shrieked, the tears coming more and more easily to my eyes. “I don’t care what you have to say! If I stay here much longer, everyone I know and love will DIE!”

I ran out of the house without another word, and opened my cell phone to dial Andrew’s old cell phone number.

“Hello?” answered his voice, unknowing of the betrayer on the phone with him.

“It’s Gia, Andrew,” I said calmly. “Where is our pack? You know how I am new to everything…”

“They are residing in Nanway Park, in the forest,” said Andrew. “I’ll meet you there okay?”

“See you…”

I closed my cell phone, and ran to Nanway Park. I texted Henry where I was meeting my so called clan, and erased the message just in case. It didn’t take me long, what with my newly acquired speed. It was quite funny, I once was the slowest kid in gym class, and now I could probably outrun any Olympic runner.

“Gia, come here with me,” said Andrew as he took my hand. “They are going to marry us today. Good thing you dressed up huh?”

I bit my lip, almost on the verge of exposing my plans. I had to have my poker face on or else we would all be in grave danger. Ha ha, grave danger. Get it? Vampires and graves…

“Great,” I smiled broadly, hiding my true feelings as best I could. “Can’t wait… so what are they serving at the wedding? Anything by Purina?”

Andrew rolled his eyes. “No, we can eat human food, duh!” he said, punching me in the shoulder. I winced, his strength was stronger than ever.

He guided me over to where the other wolves from the pack were standing, waiting for me. They were all in their human forms, and dressed for a wedding… Andrew’s and my wedding. I felt like screaming.

“And here is the lovely couple!” said Cicero as he came towards us and kissed the both of us. “You must change that dark drab into something more suitable! Arcane! Come here please!”

Arcane, a much older woman with long gray hair that went down to her bony waist came forward, and bowed. “How may I be of service master?”

“Take the girl into one of the tents to change into Andrew Blood’s grandmother’s wedding dress,” said Cicero, flashing me a smile before I was dragged away.

“This will be perfect for your figure,” said Arcane as she rummaged in one of the closets for the dress. “Oh no dear, it may be old fashioned but it is very beautiful. And, it’s a part of your family…”

I was about to say something when the dress was pulled over my head. With much protesting on my part, I was in that dress, and then Arcane pushed me in front of the mirror. What met my eyes was beyond anything I could have ever dreamed of.

I stood there, terrified, in Andrew Blood’s heirloom wedding dress, looking absolutely stunning. The wedding dress, which was a little less than a century old, was beautiful, and hugged every curve of my body perfectly. It was cut perfectly low enough to show a modest amount of cleavage, and had a corset top embellished with exquisite lace trim.

My heart felt like it had just been stabbed. If we succeeded in this debauchery, I was to run off in Andrew Blood’s grandmother’s wedding dress; most likely the only thing he had left of her. But, it was the only way… I did NOT want to marry Andrew.

“Come, child, the wedding is about to begin,” said Arcane as she led me out of the tent. “Come, Cicero is going to give you away…”

She placed my hand in Cicero’s, and left us. Cicero grinned back at me. “You know, being a pack leader gives me this privilege to give you away… And that means technically, I get to break you in, if you know what I mean…”

I wanted to puke. Not only would I be married to Andrew, but I would have to sleep with Cicero too? God, Henry, please save me from this nightmare!!!

The two of us walked down the aisle as the members of the Brethren watched with wide eyes. I scanned the crowd, looking for some sign of the Carsons. I just prayed that this would all be over soon, and that I would be with Henry.

We finally made it to the makeshift altar, and Cicero put my hand in Andrew’s. “Don’t worry Andrew, I promise not to break her too badly,” said Cicero before leaving to stand with the rest of his pack. An elderly man presided over the ceremony, and began to say our vows.

“Do you Gia Gianattasio vow now to be loyal, kind, and love this man here before you?” asked the old man.

Sweat dripped from my forehead as I tried to stall from giving my real answer. I would have loved if God were to have stuck me dead right then and there as I waited for the Carsons to attack. “Well, child, what will your answer be?”

“I will answer for her!” cried a voice, and in an instant, chaos had erupted. Henry jumped out from behind a tree, and made a bee line for the wolves that were sitting in the chairs. Rollo came out with Mr. and Mrs. Carson, all three of them with glistening blood red eyes after the monstrosity that had changed me. “Her answer is fuck no,” said Henry as he smashed his fist against the people sitting in the chairs, wiping out rows after rows of people. “Where the fuck are you Cicero? It’s time for you to die!”

“You think you can kill me, dead beat?” laughed Cicero as his clothes began to tear as he morphed into the wolf. “I may be old, but my strength matches that of a thousand men!”

Cicero leapt up, and tackled Henry. I shrieked, running to Henry’s side, but Andrew caught me by my arm. “You… betrayed me?” whispered Andrew, his grip tightening on my arm. And without a word, he began to drag me to an empty tent, away from all the action.

“NO!” I screamed, trying to get Rollo’s attention. But it was no use. Andrew threw me onto the floor, and slapped me hard across my face. “Andrew, stop it! Please, just leave me alone!”

“You whore!” he cursed as he lifted me from the floor and flung me onto the bed. “I would have expected this from anyone other than you! I would have never expected sweet, innocent, virginal Gia to be a whoreson, backstabbing, vampire loving bitch!”

His anger intensified as he ripped off my dress. “Like fuck was I going to let Cicero have you,” growled Andrew as he tried to unhook my bra. “You are still a virgin, aren’t you?”

I whimpered, and he laughed as he finally managed to unhook my bra off. “Not for long you aren’t my dear. We are as good as married, even if you didn’t say ‘I do.’ I have all the legal documents to prove our so called ‘marriage’ is credible…”

There was a loud whoosh from outside the tent, and I wondered what was going on. Were we winning? Andrew hesitated for a moment, and seeing as I had no clothes on, I took it to my advantage.
Remembering what Andrew had told me, I quickly began to concentrate on becoming the wolf. Instantly, I was covered in fur, and I took off, running like the wind out of the tent. I heard Andrew’s angry bellow, and knew that if he found me, I would be killed.

“Henry!” I howled, looking for any sign of him. In the clearing, I saw Rollo fighting off Telemachus with not much difficulty. “LEAVE HIM ALONE TEL!”

I growled, and lunged at Tel, who then ran away from the wedding encampment. Rollo looked down at me, puzzled as to what had just happened. I morphed back into my human body, and Rollo’s eyes nearly popped out of his head. “WHOA!” said Rollo. “Thanks for that…”

“Welcome,” I said, blushing and trying to cover myself. “Where’s Henry, and did he kill-”

“No, not yet. And he’s over there,” said Rollo, covering his eyes and pointing where Henry was locked in a vicious battle with a gigantic wolf that I knew to be Cicero. I quickly morphed back into the wolf to save Rollo the trouble, and paced back and forth, unable to help Henry.

I watched as Henry darted just in the knick of time out of the way of Cicero’s attack, and I thought to myself, how many more times can he escape? Cicero is just too strong…

With a sickening crunch, Henry had bitten Cicero’s shoulder. The entire pack gasped as black blood flooded the grass. Cicero had immediately morphed back into his human body, and someone quickly gathered a blanket to cover his naked body. His breaths came in ragged and gurgling, and I knew that he was dying. We had won.

Cicero gasped, and then breathed his last, and died. The entire coven was silent for their fallen leader, but not for long…

Andrew Blood walked out of his tent, shaking with anger and rage, and stopped dead in his tracks as soon as he saw Cicero laying on the blood soaked grass. He let out a fierce growl, and lunged at Henry.

“NO!” I cried, quickly morphing back to human, but as in morphed, it seemed to cause me pain. I felt like I was being stabbed repeatedly, my bones set on fire. I blocked Henry with my body, my chest heaving and still naked. “Let us go in peace Andrew! Mourn your leader! I am not, nor will I ever be your BRIDE! I want no part of the Brethren, and don’t look to see me ever again.”

I pressed my body against Henry’s, and he pulled out my clothes from behind his back. “Rollo stole them from the tent. Thought you would need them…”

“Th-thank you,” I stammered as I blushed and got dressed. “I-I cannot morph to go back to your house Henry. It hurts me so…”

“Come, hop onto my back spider monkey,” he smirked as I hopped on. We took off into the air, and headed back to the Carson’s house. We landed with a soft flump, and all five of us walked into the house.

“Now, someone has killed Cicero,” said Mr. Carson as he paced back and forth. “We now have to bleed you dry, Gia. And after that, you will soon be bitten to become a vampire. This is going to be very VERY painful, but it will be over soon my dear…”

I bit my lip, suppressing my nervousness. Mr. Carson went away for a few seconds, and then came back with a long, sharp knife. The better to cut me open with, my dear…

“You mustn’t be frightened if we drink,” said Mr. Carson. “It is most likely one of us will. Take a deep breath, and brace yourself…”
I laid on the floor with my eyes closed, and I inhaled deeply. Mr. Carson took the knife, and slit a deep cut in both of my forearms. I began to moan, feeling the blood pour out of me like a faucet that had been just turned on, and was now unable to shut off. I could feel the tension in the room, which you could have cut with the knife in Mr. Carson’s hand.

Mr. Carson raised my shirt a little, and then cut deeply into my stomach. I gasped, breathing hard, as the blood began to soak my clothes and drip down to the floor. I felt my strength start to dwindle, my vision beginning to blur…

Henry walked over to where I was, knelt beside me, and took my hand in his. He kissed my hand, and brought my bloody arm to his lips to taste. “NOW HENRY!” cried Mr. Carson as I started to fade into black.

An immense pain, as if I had been thrown into an inferno, shot through my body. I screamed and screamed, and writhed on the floor. Kill me now, Henry, I thought to myself. I want to die… I’m half way there now, just fucking kill me!

Funny, when you’re dying, you would think that the pain would fade away. But mine only intensified. The darkness that I was fading into was slowly changing into light, a blinding light that was burning my eyes. I shuddered as I took a breath, but no air filled my lungs. Pain was all I felt, and I dug my nails into the floor. I moaned as another wave of pain hit me, and I felt something grow in my mouth.

I weakly lifted a hand to my mouth, and knew that my fangs were growing in. “Henry…” I called out mournfully. “I love you!”

I felt a gentle caress on my face; a hand, the same temperature as my body touching me. I moaned with pleasure as fingers brushed against my lips seductively. I began to smell something strongly as the pain began to ebb away, something simply divine and irresistible. But what was it?

I slowly sat up, and opened my eyes to clearly see. I gazed into Henry’s beautiful eyes, and smiled back at him. I looked around and saw Mr. and Mrs. Carson’s anxious looks, and Rollo’s concerned face. “Mmm love,” I whispered, my throat tight and dry. “What’s… what’s that smell? It’s simply unbelievable, I must have it!”

“That would be your own blood,” said Henry quietly.

“Oh…”

There was silence, followed by Rollo’s guffaws. I shot him a look, and he just continued to laugh. Then, I thought for a moment, and I too started to laugh. Everyone broke into uncontrollable laughter as Henry pulled me gently up off the floor, and kissed me.

My new life as a vampire had finally begun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sequal will be posted soon!