‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Status: Complete

Love Sucks

Broken Glass and a Note

I dusted myself off, and got up. “Sweet Orla, can you bring mommy and daddy back to where we all were on the plane? Pretty please?”

“Okay mommy!” smiled Orla. With a whoosh, we were in our seats on the plane.

“She is absolutely incredible,” I said as Orla began to fall asleep. “Moreso than we’d ever thought of before. Hang it all, don’t we have their cell numbers? I’m going to text Carlisle right now!”

I got out my phone and began to rapidly text: Carlisle, we now know wat Orla’s gift is. Text back.

I sent it, and waited, but not for long. R U SERIOUS?! Wat is the talent?

She has her own little world where she can trap you in it, I texted back.

Hold on, we will be boarding your plane in a few min, replied Carlisle’s text.

As I put my headphones on and listened to some Flyleaf, I glanced at Henry. He looked paranoid, as if his daughter was some kind of monstrosity with her newfound power.

“Henry, things will all be okay,” I smiled as I kissed him.

“Well, look at this,” said Emmett, making the two of us jump. “Make-out central airlines!”

“Glad to see you too Emm,” I smiled, patting the seat next to me. Rosalie promptly sat on his other side, almost as if she was afraid I might take him away. “Where’s Carlisle?”

“Oh, he’s talking to the flight attendant,” said Jasper as he entered with Alice. “He’ll be here shortly with the rest of the gang…”

“Hello,” said Bella shyly as she walked to her seat in front of me, Renesméin her arms. Edward followed her, almost as if he was waiting for her to trip or stumble. I guess she’s kind of a klutz.

“Gia,” said Carlisle as he strode towards me. “Tell me everything you’ve experienced.”

“Well, Henry and I went to her world, like I told you,” I said as Carlisle stood near his seat next to Edward. “And it was one of those… well, fairy places with unicorns and rainbows and clouds-”

“Interesting,” said Carlisle.

“Yes, sir, and when I made to ‘attack’ her, she had put up this shield to block the attack,” I said, brushing Orla’s hair out of her face. “I think this would be a useful tactic in the war, but Henry doesn’t want to use her.”

“This indeed is a benefit to our side,” said Carlisle. “But Henry is right. We should not use her, and subject her to the violence that will come of this war. But, if all else fails, it is a wise backup plan. I must say, when she does wake, I would like to see her ‘world.’”

“I bet I’m in her fantasy world,” grinned Emmett cockily. “I mean, look at me. Who could resist this?”

“Believe me when I tell you that you were NOT there,” I smirked. “And believe me, I CAN resist you…”

Emmett gave me a sour look, and Rosalie laughed hysterically. “Good one Gia,” smiled Edward. “I’ve never seen anyone outside the family shoot down Emmett so well before. Actually, no one has ever shot down Emmett before come to think of it…”

“Can I hold Orla, Gia?” asked Esmé.

“Sure, but be careful not to wake her,” I said as I gently placed Orla in her arms.

Esmé looked at the beautiful baby in her arms and smiled. “Somehow, I can feel that she is having a nice dream,” she said.

“Wait, I have an idea,” said Carlisle. “Edward, why don’t you hold Orla to get a read from her? You’re the mind reader, you should be able to get something of what happened to the Carsons…”

Esmé gently placed the sleeping Orla in Edward’s arms. Edward felt her pale skin, and closed his eyes. “Her mind is very pleasant,” smiled Edward as he looked at me. “She thinks often of you and Henry. And she also longs to play with Renesmé. Yes, she does have her own world, and it is a pleasant one. And she also knows what is going on… She knows about the war…”

“Oh my God!!!” I cried. “She’s-she’s-”

“Planning to fight with the rest of us,” finished Edward. He looked down at her. “Now, Orla, you know you are way too young to fight in this war. War is not a fun game to go through, precious angel. I know you want to help your mommy and daddy, but the best thing you can do for them is to stay out of harm’s way. You will be with grandma Greta and Esmé and Renesmé when the fighting starts. You will be a good girl for your parents, alright?”

Orla stretched in Edward’s arms, and put her hand over where his heart would be. “Yes, Orla, I love you too…”

“Awww,” I smiled tearily as Edward handed me back Orla. “That’s so sweet…” I turned to look at Henry, and wiped the tears from my eyes. “It was wrong of me to ask that much of her. I should never have said such a thing…”

“Gia, it’s okay,” said Henry as he kissed me on my forehead. “You are just tense about the war… We all are. And we all do not want heavy losses, but Gia, we will deal with what will come when it comes. It will all be alright.”
***
Greta, George, Rollo, Fionghuala, Henry, Orla, and I piled into the Mustang that was left in the airport parking lot, and took off for home. I smiled back at the oh so familiar landscape, the pine trees that covered the house where we lived, secluding us from other humans.

“Nice place you have here,” smiled Carlisle warmly as the Cullen family pulled up in their cars. “Reminds me of our home back in Forks…”

“It does,” sighed Bella as Edward helped her out of the car. “It looks so big…”

“I get that all the time,” smirked Rollo as Fionghuala giggled and hit him playfully. I rolled my eyes.

“Only in your dreams,” I said with a smirk. Emmett high-fived me, and Rollo elbowed me.

“Come on sis, you know you love me and my comedic timing,” said Rollo. “And you should be so lucky to have Henry as your husband. If you had fallen for me, you’d be dead by now.”

“Please, like I would have ever fallen for someone like you,” I said. “Mind you, I am the one who brought you Fionghuala, so you better be nice to me…”

“She’s got a point there,” said Fionghuala as she put her hand on my shoulder in support. Rollo picked Fionghuala up, and carried her caveman style into the house.

“Oh bloody hell,” I murmured. “Wonder what they are going to do next?”

Everyone laughed as we walked inside, and showed the Cullen’s their rooms. The house had plenty of room, and there was a perfect little bedroom for Renesméright next to Edward’s and Bella’s room. As I walked into Henry’s room, I saw a cradle set next to the bed for baby Orla. I placed her inside, and sat down on the bed beside her.

“I’ve missed this place,” I said quietly as Henry stood in the doorway. “It’s been awhile since I was here last…”

“Yes, but we won’t be here much longer,” said Henry. “We’ll be moving into our new home in a few days. Mom and dad have just a few more details to attend to, and then we will be living in our new house just in the back of this one.”

“That would be lovely,” I smiled as Henry put his arms around me. “Henry, could we… I mean, do you want to-”

“What is it my darling?” asked Henry gently.

“Do you want to make love?” I asked, my skin turning crimson red with embarrassment.

“Oh, Gia,” whispered Henry as he began to kiss me. His hands were everywhere, in my hair, my hips, my chest… I bit my lip as he began to enter me, the pleasure intense and amazing. “Why would I ever say no to you?”

I shuddered as a wave of ecstasy washed over me, his thrusting became fiercer, his hands pulling me closer to him. “You’re glowing,” said Henry as he kissed me while he continued to enter me. “It’s beautiful…”

“Oh God Henry, I love you,” I moaned softly in his ear. “Oh baby… I love you so much.”

He slowed down, and took me up in his arms. “I love you too, Gia,” said Henry. “I’ve never loved anyone but you…”

CRASH! I jumped five miles, and Henry covered the two of us with a blanket. “Thought you had me fooled eh?” said a smirking Rollo. “You forgot I could hear what’s inside your heads… Boy was that a good time for the both of you!”

Edward passed by the room, stopped, and stood in the doorway, grinning his ass off. “Ha, let it be Rollo. If it’s private, it’s best left to be such…”

“Why did dad have to be in an alliance with a bunch of goody-goodies,” moaned Rollo.

“To save us from the baddy-baddies,” I laughed. Suddenly, there was a loud shriek, and Edward took off running.

“DAMN IT!” I cried, hustling around the room for a robe before tearing down the stairs. Alice was there in the family room, on the couch, with a very blank stare, and she was screaming. Jasper held her hands, and tried to whisper comfortingly to her.

“Alice, if you can hear me, tell us what’s going on,” said Jasper in a calm voice.

“SCOUNDREL!” cried Alice in a loud, terrified voice. “He’s a scoundrel… don’t trust him… He’s deceived the Carson’s before and he’ll do it once more…”

“Who is it Alice? Here, draw the person’s face on this piece of paper,” said Jasper as he handed her a pen and a piece of paper. Her eyes stared blankly ahead, but her hand began to trace the oval of a face… a sort of big nose, like a dog… chapped lips that were hidden behind sharp, evil looking teeth which were supposedly drawn into a smile, but looked more conniving than friendly.

“ANDREW BLACK!” Alice and I said together once she had finished. I screamed as Alice fainted into Jasper’s arms.

“Get her to wake up!” I cried. “He’s up to something, and she KNOWS what he’s planning! Alice, please wake up and tell us!”

But Alice didn’t wake up. She stayed unconscious in Jasper’s arms, and George ordered Jasper to carry Alice into his study so he could return her to normal.

I began to sob into Henry’s chest, the pain of the past slowly but surely returning back to me. An old wound reopened. “Our baby… we have a BABY Henry!” I sobbed. “How the hell are we going to be able to keep her out of harm’s way? Please God, let Alice see something important… Let her see Andrew’s plans…”

George came back with a shaky Alice, supported by Jasper. “She’s in desperate need of hunting,” said George quietly. “Come, let’s all go. We can go in our woods, it will be safe there…”

“I’ll be fine staying here,” I said calmly. “I’ll lock the doors mighty securely, and stay with Orla. I’ll be fine by myself…”

“I’ll stay with you,” said Bella thoughtfully. “Renesmédoesn’t need to hunt as much as the others, and I’m in no need to hunt. I can hunt another time…”

“Be careful, and don’t let any strangers in the house,” whispered Henry as he kissed me tenderly. “I’ll be back for you as soon as we are done.”

“I’ll be here waiting for you, forever if it need be,” I said as I threw my arms around him. He held me a few seconds longer, and then took off with the rest. “Well, Bella, why don’t we go check on Orla? She’s in Henry’s and my room right now.”

“That would be lovely,” said Bella as she adjusted Renesméon her hip. “Renesméwould love that…”

We walked up the stairs, and I picked up Orla from her cradle. “Hello my beautiful Orla,” I smiled. “Did you have a nice nap?”

She smiled up at me, and touched my face. “You remember Aunt Bella and Renesméright dear?”

She laughed, and with a WHOOSH, the four of us were spiraling off. Bella began to scream, and I put my hand over her mouth. “Sh, this is what we were talking about. You know, Orla’s ‘gift.’”

Bella held Renesméclose, as if some wildebeest would suddenly attack us from out of the blue. We stood there in Orla’s magical world full of ponies, unicorns, rainbows, and sunshine. Renesmébroke into a big smile, and reached to pet one of the many ponies that were grazing in the meadow we were standing in.

“This is amazing,” said Bella as she placed Renesméon top of the pony. “I’ve never seen such a world like this before…”

“It’s Orla’s world,” I said as it began to rain chocolate kisses. “Oh thanks missy. Do you want your mommy to get fat?”

Orla giggled as she floated into view on her cloud. The rain stopped, and Orla flew into my arms, hugging me warmly. “Aww,” I said as I kissed her forehead. “Well, what would you like to do, now that we are all here?”

“RACE!” said Orla as she flew onto the nearest pony. BANG! BANG! BANG!

The dream world ended as the sound of glass shattering filled the room. Orla began to cry, and I gently rocked her, humming her a soothing lullaby as I picked up the brick that had been thrown at the window. “It’s got a note,” said Bella as she hurriedly ran to get a dustpan and a broom to sweep up the mess.

“You know who you are,” I read aloud. “And you know of my position of power. I have a valuable of yours that has been missing in your life… Missing since you’ve gotten married. Come to the Brethren Court at midnight, and we will start negotiations. But come alone. That means you Gia Carson.”

“Oh my God!” I shrieked. “It’s my mother! HE HAS MY MOTHER!”

“But we don’t know for sure,” said Bella as she gave me a comforting hug, patting me on the back. “Gia, I’ve gone through similar with a vampire named James. He was a tracker, and he tricked me into thinking my mother was captured, but it was an old video tape he played to make it seem so. We’ll need more proof in order to go forth with this…”

“Maybe this is what Alice is going about,” I said as I put a bag over the open hole in the window. “This is what she was warning against! I’m not going to let him hurt my mother, not even after all she’s said when I told her I was getting married…”

I looked at the clock. 10:30 pm, it read, and I began to pace the room. “They might get back before I leave… I’ve got to make a clean getaway. Bella, promise me you won’t say a word to ANYONE that I’m leaving. PROMISE ME YOU WILL WATCH ORLA! PROMISE ME DAMN IT!”

“I promise,” swore Bella as she crossed her undead heart. “Cross my heart and hope to live…”

“Ok, good,” I said as I rummaged through my clothes. If I was going to convince Andrew to give me my mother back safe and sound, my outfit was going to have to do most of the talking. I chose a modestly low cut top, and some dark jeans. “Keep your cell phone on. I will call or text you with the details…”

And I kissed Orla goodbye before leaving the house. I walked to the old woods of Nanway Park, knowing that the Brethren would be there, their new king waiting for me. I shook my hair out of my ponytail, and let the curls hang around past my chest. I could hear growling in the distance, and once I spotted Andrew’s wolf form, I quickly stood there and stared him down.

“You have something of mine, now give it back to me right now!” I cried, ready to kill him to get my mother back.

Andrew morphed back into his human form, and looked at me hungrily, and then looked down at himself. He was just as sleazy and disgusting as the day I had first laid eyes on him. “Patience… patience my dear Gia,” said Andrew Blood. “It must have taken a lot of courage to face me after all that’s happened. By the way, where is my wedding dress? That is a family heirloom you know…”

I was at a loss for words. The dress was shredded and stained with blood from the fighting when I was supposed to marry Andrew, but the Carsons had saved me from that fate. A bloody battle ensued, and I was caught in the crossfire when I was made a vampire.

“I also notice,” Andrew continued. “That you aren’t one of us, nor are you human. You are a dead one. My mortal enemy. But that’s okay, I can still kill you like your family killed our leader.”

“WHERE IS MY MOTHER?!” I shrieked. “PLEASE TELL ME SHE IS SAFE!”

He snapped his fingers, and Telemachus came out and brought her, bound and gagged and filthy from head to toe. “MOM! MOM, I’M SO SORRY IT HAD TO BE THIS WAY! I LOVE YOU, PLEASE DON’T FORGET THAT!”

“How touching,” said Andrew as he kicked my mother to the floor. “It makes me want to gag…”

“Don’t you fucking touch her!” I growled. “I will fucking kill you if you so much look at her the wrong way!”

“Still feisty after being dead?” he grinned as he walked up to me. I could feel his nasty dog breath fill my nostrils, his naked, dirt covered body against my clean clothes. I was wrong to have put on such a revealing outfit, it was only going to provoke him even more so. “Still so beautiful… even in death?”

His hand reached up, and I winced, afraid of being hit, but he just gently stroked my hair. He breathed in my scent, and I could feel his dick harden with sheer pleasure as he eyed my chest. “I will let her go safely if you return to me… Be mine forever, and she will go free.”

“I am MARRIED!” I screamed in his face. “AND I HAVE A CHILD!”

“Never stopped anyone before love,” said Andrew with a cunning grin. “Say yes, and she’ll be home safe and sound… And when she wakes up, she will think all of this was just a dream…”

I fished in my pocket, and began to text Bella SOS behind my back. I needed some backup, and I prayed the hunting wouldn’t be carried on for much longer. “What is your answer Gia? Your mother’s LIFE depends on it you know…”

“Andrew, please,” I begged. “This is so difficult, what you are asking of me. Please just let her go, and we will all be at peace with each other. Please, Andrew…”

“YOUR LOT STARTED THIS WAR!” he screamed as he grabbed my hair and pulled me to look at him in the eye. “It was you, Helen of Troy, that started the ships to be sent off to battle. You caused it all, and now you are going to end it. MAKE YOUR CHOICE!”

I began to cry. “You know, I didn’t want to have to do this… I’ve made up my mind.”

And with all my might, I threw him off of me and into the nearest tree. He flew backwards and through it, and landed in a heap at the roots. “No one EVER fucking touches me like that EVER again,” I hissed. “I am vampire, not human. And the vampire me takes no shit from ANYONE!”

Andrew chuckled to himself as he got up. “Well, well, well. I’ve miscalculated once more. Kill the bitch’s mother…”

“NO!!!!” I screamed as Telemachus got out a sacrificial knife. My mother began to scream through her gag. I ran full speed at Telemachus, and tackled him to the ground.

“FOOL!” cried Andrew as he picked up the knife.

CRACK! Andrew was lying on his back, his head had made contact with a nearby bolder. I looked up and saw a very furious Henry, followed by an equally mad Edward. “Thank God we got here soon enough,” said Edward as he helped me off the floor as Henry began to fight Andrew. “Come now, let’s head back.”

“NO! My mother is here!” I cried as I grabbed the knife and began to cut her bonds. “Oh shit… oh fucking shit…”

“What?” asked Edward.

“She’s bleeding a bit,” I said as I bit my lip to suppress my hunger for blood. “Mom, put pressure on it with your shirt, please!”

“Gia, honey, what’s going on?” asked my mother. “I’m so sorry I blew up at you-”

“Now’s not the time!” I said sharply. “Edward, please take her back to the house… Carlisle will take care of her wounds.”

He nodded. “Watch, Telemachus is laying low, ready to strike you at any given moment,” he whispered. “And your mother really is sorry, Gia.”

I watched as Henry attacked Andrew, and then suddenly I was attacked by Telemachus. “Goddamn all you flea-bitten assholes!” I cursed as I kicked him in the groin. He went down, and I took the advantage and picked up his body, spun it around a few times, and let go as if I was doing a shot-put throw. He soared away, never to be seen again.

“Which leaves just you to finish off,” I said as I teamed up with Henry. “Did you think that you’d only be taking on me?”

There was a rustle from behind Andrew, and if I had a heart, it would have been pounding right then. Hundreds upon hundreds of wolves gathered behind him, ready to tear Henry and me to shreds. “No,” said Andrew with a devil’s grin. “I’d thought if you were going to play uneven, that I’d match you times a million. And so I have…”

“God help me,” I whispered.

“God can’t save you now Gia,” smirked Andrew. “You’re going to die now. Any last words?”

“I’ve got two,” I said, smirking cockily. “FUCK YOU!”

And with that, the wolves began to attack us.