‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Status: Complete

Love Sucks

FINALE AT LAST PART 1

I panicked as the wolves flooded in, snarling and growling. All of the Cullen’s teachings were wiped from my head as I tried to think of something to save myself. Henry was doing well, but he couldn’t turn around and save me because he was surrounded just as well as I was.

I closed my eyes, squeezing them tight, waiting for impact, but it never came. I felt a nudge, and saw that I was eye level with the wolves. I could hear them speaking, their voices gruff in their wolf form, and they were asking me to start attacking.

“Where’d the missus go?” asked one of the wolves. “She was here a second ago…”

I looked about, and saw a flash of something fluffy. What was that? Was it dandelion? No, there wasn’t anything but dirt and grass in this part of the woods. I spun around faster, and several of the wolves stopped attacking to watch me.

“Stop chasing your tail and attack Henry Carson!” boomed Andrew’s loud voice.

Holy fuck, I’m one of them, I thought to myself. How’d this happen?

I threw myself into the fray by Henry, and started to attack the dogs that were attacking him. I brushed my head against Henry’s knees and growled to tell him it was me. More and more wolves began to throw themselves at Henry, and I continued to fight them off. Then, there was trouble.

Andrew, transformed as a wolf, must have seen through my wolf form. He bit my neck, dragging me away from Henry, and bit down hard on my hind leg. I screamed out in pain, and with a WHOOSH of wind, I was sitting on the forest floor, naked and bleeding from my neck and leg. I couldn’t speak as blood filled my mouth, my vocal chords broken. I began to sob, and Henry looked at me, wishing he could hold me and tell me that everything was going to be alright.

Andrew quickly transformed back into his human body. “And so it ends here that the Brethren has defeated the lowly vampire clan, and now WE will rule,” shouted Andrew, his voice booming through the forest. “Kill the man, but leave the woman for relieving my sexual desires…”

“Haaaah!” I cried, raspy and unable to communicate my disgust with a simple no. Andrew grabbed me by the shoulders, and began to kiss my bloody lips. I tried to fight him off, but his strength was too powerful, and I had not yet had the chance to heal. I began to cry hysterically as his hands moved lower and lower. Would someone please help me? I screamed inside. Oh, when was Edward going to come back with the rest of the family?
***
All I could hear inside my head was screaming. It was as if my head was about to burst. I turned to look at Edward, and knew that he was hearing the same thing too. “We’ve got to help her. NOW.”

“Rollo, where the hell can they be?” asked Fionghuala.

“They’re at the park, we have to move quickly, all of us!” I cried. “Before it’s too late.”

“I’m going with you,” said Bella. “I want to help!”

“Bella, you stay here with Esmé,” said Edward. “I don’t want anything to happen to you.”

“Edward, I helped her get into this mess, and I’m going to help her out!” said Bella forcefully. “I’d want to know I did everything in my power to try to save her, not stay at home…”

Edward looked at Alice. “Will Bella be alright if she comes?”

I saw Alice’s vision from inside her mind. Yes, Bella would be perfectly fine, but Gia’s and Henry’s deaths were still set in motion. Fucking damn it!

“No time for arguing,” I said, rushing the Cullens and mom and dad out of the house and into the woods. “Already things are being set into motion. Pray that Gia and Henry are going to be ok. We need all the help we can get…”

We took off at high speed, and the screams became apparent to the others as we approached the scene. Gia was screaming at the top of her lungs, the leader of the Brethren was on top of her and raping her. Suddenly, Gia disappeared, and the leader fell to the ground in a fury of sexual anger.

“WHERE DID SHE GO?!” he roared at us. “YOU LOT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS! TELL ME WHAT YOU DID!”

I walked towards him, staring him down, and grabbed him by the throat. My grip tightened. “Where is my brother? Tell me, or you die!”

“Kill-me?” said the leader. “Andrew-Blood? I’d-like-to-see-you-TRY!”

He began his wolf transformation, and he began to bite me. I dropped my hold, and kicked him as hard as I could. He flew through several trees with a high pitch yelp. “TELL ME WHERE HE IS!” I screamed as I chased after him. He was no match for my speed, and I soon caught up with him.

He flung his beaten body at me, biting every inch he could get out of me. I grabbed his neck with my two hands. “TELL ME WHERE HE IS OR I’LL SNAP YOUR NECK LIKE A TWIG!”

There was a rustle, and then Andrew’s wolf face broke into an evil grin. I plunged into his head, looking for any information that would lead to where Henry was. Andrew had tied him up in one of the tents, bleeding and unable to heal himself. If we didn’t get to him soon, he was going to die.

I was surrounded there by wolves, still clutching Andrew’s furry neck in my hands. I looked around, surveying the scene, and saw the others were surrounded too. Emmett was kicking ass with Jasper, but some of the others were struggling a bit. We were outnumbered, one man to one hundred wolves. Andrew Blood wasn’t going to play fair, and neither were we.
***
As Andrew was raping me, I felt as if I was losing myself. I looked at my hands, my arms, my hips, and noticed they were all disappearing. I began to panic. I must be dying, I thought to myself. Oh God, Henry… Orla… Rollo… Mr. and Mrs. Carson… the Cullens… What would happen to them? I knew that they were coming to save me and Henry, but now, it would have all been in vain. My beautiful baby Orla would have to go on without her mommy, and possibly her daddy. Oh God… my poor baby girl!

It was all white and bright as I looked about, and I wondered where I was. I tried to lift my arm to reach up, but I felt nothing. I couldn’t move anything. “Where am I?” I called out wearily.

I felt the softness of a fluffy robe covering my body, the warmth of a summer’s breeze as it ruffled my curly brown hair. I closed my eyes and started to cry. “I’m dead aren’t I?”

“Mommy?” said a familiar voice. My legs wouldn’t work as I stood there, wishing I could run in search of Orla’s voice. “Mommy!!!!!!!!!!!”

“Mommy’s here my girl!” I shouted hoarsely. “I’m right here!”

I began to sob as the feeling in my legs slowly came back, and as soon as I was able to move them, I was off, running wildly to find where the voice was coming from. “ORLA!!!!!!!!! ORLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I screamed her name over and over, running in every direction. “ORLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

All of a sudden, something small and cute threw itself onto me, and I fell backwards. I looked up, and saw that it was Orla. “Oh, my beautiful girl!” I sobbed as I held her tightly against my chest. “You saved me didn’t you? But how did you know mommy was in trouble?”

“Rollo,” she said as she patted my cheek. “Rollo very sad…”

“Oh, you must have heard him,” I said wearily as I started to sit up. “Can you find daddy and bring him here my beautiful Orla?”

“Grrrr… Arf arf scary!!!!!!” she said, shaking in fear. I knew what she meant at once. He was surrounded by wolves, and to bring him here would also mean bringing the wolves here too.

“Are you healing mommy?” I asked as I kissed her forehead.

“Yes,” smiled Orla. “Mommy was very hurt… Esmé and Renesmé here too!”

I turned, and saw Esmé, and gave her a hug. “Oh my goodness! This child really is amazing! I mean, I was sitting back at the house with Renesméhere, and all of a sudden, Orla transported us here. Come here, let me have a look at you…”

Orla was left to play with Renesmé as Esmé made sure I was healing properly. “We’ll need Carlisle’s second opinion, but I think you’ve healed wonderfully. I just hope the others are okay…”

I held Esmé, and nodded. “I hope things will be okay. Andrew Blood isn’t fighting fair. He’s got us all outnumbered, but we’ve got good people fighting there. It’ll all be okay…”
***
The fighting was intense. I could tell, even as I sat there, tied up in one of the tents. My guards went off, leaving me unattended and alone to go off and fight. What was the use of watching me? I was hurt pretty badly, unable to heal myself or regain my strength. I prayed that Gia wasn’t in that skirmish, that somehow, she was okay and safe somewhere. It killed me not knowing where everyone was, or knowing who was alright, and who was… Oh God, I can’t even say it.

I was in wonderment of how the weather did not change at all, even though I was sending out strong feelings. Then I realized that I must have been hurt pretty badly in order to not be able to use my power. I hung my head, and began to cry. “If there is anyone who can help me now,” I whispered to myself. “Anyone who can end this madness, and make everything alright, please do so now…”

There was a whoosh! Suddenly, I felt as if I was going through a whirl tunnel as wind kicked up and blew my blood encrusted hair and torn clothes about.
***
I heard Orla’s laughter, and turned about. “Orla, what did you do now missy?” I smiled as I put my hands on my hips. Suddenly, Henry dropped in, looking worse than I did. I ran to him, and untied his bonds. “Oh my God! Henry!!!”

He groaned, and passed out in my lap. Esmé and I brought him over to a nearby stream that Orla had created, and the two of us began to wash the blood off of his face and hair. “My poor Henry,” I whispered as I pushed the stray bits of hair off his face. I propped him up against me, and gave him some of the water to drink. “Please Henry, please get better… please.”

“He’s been through the worst,” said Esmé. “These wolves can really do quite a lot of damage, Gia.”

“I know,” I whispered, trying to remain hopeful. “I’ve seen the extent of what they can do…”

Henry’s eyes began to open, and he looked up at me. “Am I- Am I in heaven?”

“No, you are in Orla’s little world,” I said, smiling back at him.

“No, this must be heaven because I saw how bad they hurt you, and you look so beautiful right now. You must be an angel,” said Henry. I kissed him, holding him close against my body.

“Don’t you ever scare me like that again!” I said. “We were so lucky that Orla was finally able to get you out of there!”

“Orla?” Henry said, confused. Then Orla came running, and gave him a huge hug. “You saved me? Oh, my precious little girl! I love you so much!”

“Yes, see women can save the men every once and a while,” I said, smirking a bit. “Even the small ones can too.”

“Daddy!” Orla squealed as Henry kissed her all over. Her laughter rang like little bells, and Esmé started to tear up a bit.

“We can’t let the others fight alone though!” said Esmé. “We need to help them too! But what can we do?”

“I’ve got it!” I cried. “Orla, transport us home! I need to get out our old wedding guest list!”

Orla nodded her head, and with a whoosh, we were back home. I thundered up the stairs, rummaging through my drawers. “AHA!” I cried. “Henry, Esmé, take down these names: Nausicaia, why didn’t I think of her in the first place?! Okay, next, it’s the Straniero family. Salvatore and Marco Antonio Straniero. And Gregorvitch Zladesky and his family also… Wow, it’s all adding up. And we have yet to call Fionghuala’s family in too!”

“But do you think they will come?” asked Henry.

“This may be the LAST fight against the wolves for us vampires. It’s either life or death here, you and I can both see that. We’ll have to pray that they come. Okay, all. Send out your signals!”
***
“Haven’t you given up yet?” snickered Andrew Blood, still in the grasp of my hands. “You aren’t going to win you brainless oaf! I’ve got you outnumbered. It’s about time we’ve eliminated your kind off the face of the earth for good…”

“Eliminate the race of vampires?” said a familiar voice. I turned around, and all the fighting began to stop and stare at who had just spoken. “Eliminate us? How dare you try such a thing! Now you shall feel the wrath of Nausicaia and her minions!”

She stood there, her long black hair blowing in the breeze, and she was accompanied by many, many other vampires. Some, that I’d recognized from the wedding, others from the meeting in Newark. And then I saw a sight that made me smile brighter than I had ever smiled before. Gia and Henry walked forward, past Nausicaia, and stood there with me.

“How-how is this possible?” said Andrew as he stammered and stuttered. “I’d sworn I had him killed! And her! I’d thought she’d be dead by now! No matter! I’ll see you all dispatched!”

“I’d rethink that if I were you, you scrangy mutt!” I cried as I grabbed his neck. Rollo let go, and Andrew and I stared back at each other. “The game ends here, Andrew. I’ve had it with the bullshit. You will stop hurting the people I love, you will stop hurting my friends and family, and you will stop hurting me.”

“You’re going to kill me?” smirked Andrew. “You don’t have the nerve to… Come on, prove to me you can do it…”