‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Status: Complete

Love Sucks

Is This The End of Me?

As the weeks went by, I was slowly giving up hope of ever finding Gia. I knew Rollo was pulling out all of the stops, but for some strange reason, he couldn’t find her.

“This is so weird,” said Rollo as he rubbed his forehead in aggravation and stress. “I know what she’s feeling, how far along is she, but not WHERE she is. I’ve been at this for weeks, and nothing!”

“Not even a picture of the area son?” asked dad.

“Wait!” cried Rollo, and I jumped. “I… I do see something! I see… a stretch of beach! The water is so beautiful, so calm and gentle. Like…”

“She’s walking on the beach?” I asked impatiently.

“Yes, she hasn’t moved in quite some time now, and she had to leave her room so the maid could clean,” said Rollo. “And she isn’t walking. She is in a wheelchair, slowly pushing herself along the wooden ramp near the beach. She is very large with child now, and should be due in a month or so. She is very weak and miserable…”

“Is there a way you can speak to her through her mind?” I asked, grabbing Rollo by the shoulders.

“I will try,” said Rollo. He closed his eyes, and there was silence as he concentrated on contacting Gia. “Gia… Gia Carson? Can you hear me? This is Rollo speaking to you telepathically. You are in a lot of danger right now, and we need to know where you are so we can find you and help you. Can you tell us where you are hiding? Gia? Gia…”
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I felt more miserable than ever before, mostly because I had to leave so the maid could clean. I called for a wheelchair, which the maid happily brought to me and helped me in, because I could barely move let alone walk.

I decided to wheel myself down to the Tyrrean Sea where I had honeymooned and swam in. I slowly wheeled myself along the wooden planks, and stopped after a while, watching the tide gently come in and out. I closed my eyes, and tears started to fall as I remembered my dirty, no good cheating husband making love to me on this beach as the waves came in. I felt the knife stab deeper and deeper into my heart, watching the scene in my mind on instant replay, over and over again. But it was only a false dream. He had never wanted me.

I began to roll back towards the hotel when suddenly, I heard a buzzing. My eyes widened, and I looked around to see what was making that dreadful noise. Then I realized it was inside my head! “Gia… Gia…” it said. The buzzing grew muffled and was barely audible. “Danger… find you… help you. Where… hiding?”

“Baby, was that you?” I asked as I gently caressed my stomach. My baby, which was so weak, pressed a hand against mine in a reassuring way. “I didn’t think it was. But who was that? OH MY GOD IT HAS TO BE ROLLO!”

Rollo was trying to reach me, trying to help me. But did I really want his help? Granted, if I didn’t get help soon, I was surely going to die with my child. But the truth of the matter is that Rollo was just the bait for Henry to try to find me. And I did NOT want to see Henry, not after his act of the uttermost betrayal. God, what a fucking predicament. Death or life? Which one did I treasure more?

“ROLLO!” I thought as hard as I could, picturing him. “I am here. I can hear you. I am in ITALY! ROME TO BE EXACT. I’m in a hotel!”

“Gia, you are in Italy?” answered Rollo. “We are coming to find you. All four of us are packing now and will be there in a few days. Hold on Gia… hold on.”

My head began to swim and my vision became blurry. I felt like I was on an acid trip as the images of Italy became hazy and unfocused. I slid out of my wheelchair and into the sand, unable to move. “Help…” I croaked. I could barely speak because my throat was so dry. I looked down at myself, and noticed something very strange. My legs were covered in something black, something black that smelled old and nasty. I looked more closely, and realized that I was bleeding. Something was wrong.

“Help me!” I tried to scream, but it came in as a hoarse yell. “Somebody please, I need help!”

As time was ticking away, it was precious time where my life and the baby’s were at stake. When I had just about given up all hope, a sailor pulled into port. I screamed as loud as I could, and luckily, he looked my way. “MAMMA MIA!?! CHE MALE?” he shouted as he ran to help me. He lifted me gently into my wheelchair, and I showed him the way back to my hotel as he pushed me back.

I safely scooted into my room, and shut the door behind me after giving my rescuer a hefty reward for his kindness. I rolled into the bathroom, and slowly sunk down into the tub for a bath. As I washed myself, the tub grew black with my blood. I felt like screaming, but screaming won’t help the nightmares go away. It will only instigate them to take a turn for the worst.

“Precious baby, what’s going on with me?” I asked the baby inside of me. I got up slowly, and shakily made my way to the wheelchair. At least I smelled better than before now. “I do hope uncle Rollo comes to find us. I have faith in him that he can find us, and he’ll bring grandma and grandpa with him to help. I know you will love your new grandma and grandpa, and especially love your uncle Rollo.”

The baby shook inside me, almost as if saying, “You forgot daddy. What about him?”

“Daddy will not be a part of our lives anymore,” I said, launching myself at the bed. “Daddy has hurt mommy so very much, and there is nothing he can do to come back into our lives. I won’t let him come back into our lives. I am through with him.”

My stomach gave a small lurch, and a reached for the wastebasket and hurled. I began to shakily wipe my mouth, and saw that I was vomiting black blood. This can’t be good.

“Oh God, what is happening to me?” I whispered to the empty room. “Rollo, please get your ass over here. Oh God, I think this might be the end of me!”

I began to sob, and I curled up in my bed, and went to sleep.

I woke up in excruciating, blinding pain the next day. I couldn’t stop screaming as another wave of pain crashed over me, over and over again. I called out for Rollo, Mr. Carson, Mrs. Carson, and even Henry to help ease my pain, but there was no one there. Just me and my unborn baby.

“ROLLO!” I screamed as I writhed in the bed. “PLEASE HELP ME! OH GOD, SOMEONE PLEASE END MY PAIN!”

There was a gentle hand on my face, and I felt my pain slowly ebb away. “Drink this…”

A small vial was pressed against my lips, and I drank. It was human blood, most likely to have been taken from a hospital. I could feel its effects slowly begin to fill out my once gaunt looking face. My once blurred vision cleared, and I gazed into the soft, concerned eyes of my cheating husband. “Get-away-from-me!” I rasped, backing away from Henry’s touch. “Where is Rollo? Where’s Greta and George?”

“You have forgotten one thing my love,” whispered Henry seductively. “I’m the fastest.”

“If you think I am going to let you just sit here and listen while you feed your huge ego-”

“I can’t help it if it’s huge,” grinned Henry perversely. Dear God, what am I to do with such a man… vampire?

“I don’t want you here!” I shrieked. “I want Rollo here, not you! Get it through your undead brain! WE ARE NOT TOGETHER ANYMORE! I’M THROUGH WITH YOU!!!!!”

“Listen, there isn’t much time-”

“Like fucking hell are you going to convince me that the slut fell on your already hard dick repeatedly, and by the time you realized you were having sex, she combusted into ash. I’m not falling for that, no sir!”

“According to dad’s calculations, you are due any day now, and by the looks of things, it seems you might have our baby very soon,” said Henry as he put a gentle hand on my stomach.

“WAIT A GODDAMN MINUTE!” I shouted, pushing his hand away. “This baby may be partially yours, but you are NOT going to be in his or her life. This is MY baby. MINE! I carried it, loved it, and was there for it! You did nothing but create it, which means you deserve NOTHING!”

I stood up from the bed, and began to slump to the floor. The pain was back, this time it was the baby making the pain. It was almost as if it were saying “Stop fighting with daddy, mommy. He only wants to help us. Daddy still loves us; don’t take him out of my life.”

“GIA!” said Henry as he rushed to my side. I moaned with pain, and began to cough, bringing up black blood. “Fuck! This isn’t good… not good at all. Have you been feeding? Off of anything at all?”

“No,” I said. “I have barely left this room. I REFUSE to feed off of humans like a leech! You have NO idea how I’ve felt since I left New Jersey! Wait, why am I even speaking to you? I want you to leave me NOW!”

“What’s going on?” asked a familiar voice as the door to my hotel room opened. There stood George, Greta, and Rollo Carson, all looking very concerned as to my fate. Boy was this weird, George and Greta were out of their usual 50s dress. Maybe Rollo dressed them in the Hollister polo shirt and jeans for George, and the modestly cut Abercrombie and Fitch layered top and jeans for Greta. They looked nice for coming to see me die.

“Henry, if she doesn’t want you here, you must leave,” said Greta as she crossed over to help me back onto the bed. “Darling, it will all be okay. She just needs to have some more time away from you…”

“HASN’T THERE BEEN ENOUGH TIME?!” shrieked Henry, punching the wall in rage. “Haven’t I suffered enough?”

“Son, control your temper,” said George sternly. “This is not the time to make irrational judgments. Do as your mother said. Wait in the hall until the door is opened to you. DO NOT BARGE IN OR BREAK DOWN THE DOOR! That is an order!”

To my intense relief, Henry left the room. Rollo sat down beside me, and held my shaking hand. “Rollo… thank God you found me. Thank you…”

He looked into my eyes, and I knew he was reading my mind. “There are things you must know, but they will be revealed later.”

“Oh,” I said sharply. “Let me guess, Henry’s had more human sex? Killed more slutty human girls lately while I was gone?”

“No! He would never touch any girl, vampire or human, other than you!” said Rollo defensively. “You must know-”

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!” I screamed before Rollo could finish his sentence.

“The baby is coming, and it is coming now!” said George as he tore off my pants and underwear. “Rollo, go get some towels and a basin of hot water. NOW! Greta, I’m going to need you to coach her through this…”

“Gia, look at me,” said Greta. “I know you are in a lot of pain right now, but the one thing you cannot do is give up. DO NOT GIVE UP! I want you to start to push now… George is going to help the baby come out. Come on Gia! Keep pushing!”

I screamed as I pushed with all my remaining strength. Rollo came back with the towels and hot water, and looked like he was about to be sick. “I’m inviting Henry in on this,” he said looking green with nausea. “I think he deserves to be sickened by all this…”

“Shut up Rollo!” I shouted. “Why don’t you try pushing a bowling ball out of your small dick! I’d like to see you try!”

“Not happening any time ever, sister,” said Rollo as he opened the door. Henry leapt inside, and his eyes widened as he watched me push our baby out.

“Oh my God,” whispered Henry as I gave one final push and collapsed on the bed. The room was filled with a small wailing, and I was presented with my newborn, bloody and wrapped in a warm towel.

“My- my baby,” I cooed as I glanced down at the beautiful baby in my arms. If there was any doubt the baby would be a killer, it was long forgotten. In every way, this baby was unbelievably beautiful. It had the most beautiful curly brown hair, inherited from me, and… Henry’s beautiful eyes. Those eyes, if I had had this baby by myself and lived through the process, would forever be Henry’s staring back at me. Damn him, damn him to hell! Oh wait, we are all damned, ha ha.