Status: Sequel? Yes? No?

The Joker and the Thief

Chase

I had no sense of time as I brought my knees up to my stomach and closed my eyes. I heard people moving around my head but did not bother opening my eyes. Periodically, I heard a car outside speed by. I was in misery. The only thing that made my misery more bearable was the absence of a certain person. He was in the trailer, that I was sure of, but the Joker was had yet to obscure my vision. He could be one of the many men I was surrounded by. He could had been the man whose feet was rather uncomfortably close to my head. With the lack of light and my motion sickness, I couldn't be sure.

The drivers erratic driving only continued to get worst. The trailer swayed due to the reckless speed and the truck's wide turns. At one point, I was sure the driver had crashed into another car but the truck never stopped. Then, when the driving showed a sign of becoming controlled, the doors on both sides of the trailer were pulled open. Wind and sound filled the trailer and disrupted my vision but I was still able to decipher that we were now on Lower 5th Street in the middle of evening traffic. Only the traffic wasn't the normal traffic.

Even when I saw the armored truck labeled SWAT I was still confused. Had I missed something? Were we being chased or were we chasing them? Had the Joker been arrested since the last time I saw him? No. With the new light, I finally spotted the Joker, in his signature purple suit, kneeling by the open door wielding a shot gun. He fired two shots into the side of the SWAT vehicle. Who was important enough or dangerous enough to be transferred in an armored truck?

When the shotgun did no damage, the Joker switched weapons. Though, I'd never seen one before I was pretty sure the new weapon was a rocket launcher of some sort. The rocket hit a police car which was driving in front the armored truck. A masked man handed him another rocket which he loaded into the gun with ease. The semi truck hit something, probably another car, which caused everyone in the trailer, including me, to stumble. When he regained his balance, the Joker aimed the the rocket launcher at the armor truck. Only this time, the rocket didn't hit any city owned vehicle. Instead, the rocket hit what appeared to be the Batmobile.

The explosion blew debris in all directions and the semi truck came to a halt after hitting a concrete pillar. The Joker didn't skip a beat as he headed towards the cab of the semi truck then, as an after thought, he remembered me and pulled me out the trailer to follow him. Bits of concrete and metal from cars lined the road. The Joker pushed me inside the cab while pushing the driver, who was either unconscious or dead, out. “Excuse me. I wanna drive.” The Joker mocked as he threw the body on the ground.

A couple hundred yards in front of us, the armored truck was starting to speed off again after being blown into the concrete median due the explosion. A few seconds later, the Joker aimed the semi in the same direction and sped after the SWAT vehicle. I quickly reached for the seat belt only to realize, with much horror, that there wasn't one. The armored truck turned quickly onto another street and the Joker, with an extremely wide turn, followed. For the first time in what felt like forever, I once again laid eyes on the night sky. Even though there wasn't very many things from the Joker to hit out of carelessness, I still kept my eyes close due to the speed and the intensity of the situation. Plus, I wasn't quite over my motion sickness.

I forced myself to ignore everything. I just concentrated on not throwing up. Even when something collided with the truck, I dared not to open my eyes. Despite the heavy hit, the truck kept moving. When I did open my eyes, it was only because the Joker slammed his foot on the brake causing my face to collide with dashboard. I heard, and felt, my nose crack. Then, the taste of blood filled my mouth. When I finally managed to look up, the truck was already in motion again. And hitting right for us, was what appeared to be Batman on a motorcycle. I immediately closed my eyes again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait, again.

Comment please.