The Wind Which Howls

Chapter Five

“You will can me Nakamura-san and him Saito-san. In return I will call you
by your surnames with San and the end. You respect me I will respect you.

The auditorium was silent for a second time, not long after did people erupt in laughter. The students couldn’t believe their ears. This small girl was their new Dean? Maybe the boy, he looked like he could take on a school of delinquents. He was strong looking, at least five foot eight, he was athletic looking. His eyes were sharp as he looked over the crowd of students. The people close to the stage fell silent as he looked at them. Nakamura was at most five foot three her long coat covered her body, making her look small and delicate. Her extremely long hair made her look more docile than her small frame made her look.

Nakamura turned to Saito, Saito knew that look in her eyes. He nodded and from underneath his old school uniform took a long black wooden *naginata and handed it to Nakamura. It was long sleek and darker than night. She stepped back from the podium a few feet and twirled the naginata between her fingers and swung it lightly. The wind the wood made swept across the students with a loud howl, the force of the wind made the students in the back row a good sixty feet back gasp for breath.

Nakamura brought the naginata back to the ground and bumped it against the floor.

“Let's start this over. I am the Wind which Howls. I am your new **Jjang. You will follow my every word and obey all of my orders. You will all call me Nakamura-***sama and you will call him Saito-sama. You all have had your first warning. I have zero tolerance for disrespect. You disrespect anyone of your teachers or anyone older than you, I will find you, make you get on your hands and knees and whip you until you learn to respect.”

As students regained their breath the screamed obscenities at Nakamura, she swept her eyes across the auditorium, some saw the cold fire in her eyes. They knew she would whip them, the quieted down. Still some had the audacity to yell. Nakamura bumped the end of her naginata against the floor, it rang throughout the auditorium and she spoke above the crowd.

“As Jjang I will give up my spot as Dean if one of you can beat me in a fight. Come at me with all you have. When I’m done with you, you will be begging to go to prison. That is, if you can even get past my second in command Saito.” Nakamura handed Saito her naginata.

“Have Jacobson-san explain their privileges please. I don’t think I can stand these bozus much longer.”

“Hai Nee-san.”


Nakamura walked off the stage and back into the empty hall ways. Saito asked Jacobson politely if he could explain to the students their new televisions, recreation room, and privileges to the students as Nakamura explored the grounds.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea for her to be walking around the grounds. The students who did not arrive to the assembly are rather dangerous.”

“Not to worry, I will protect her. If they happen to get passed me, well…let’s just say she doesn’t need me. I need her."

Saito gave Jacobson a small warm smile and walked out following his superior Nakamura.
♠ ♠ ♠
*A naginata is a pole weapon used mostly by women in Japan. In feudal times while samurai where away their wives protected the homes with naginata.

A long oak mix pole with a curved blade at the end. It's actually like really long.

**A Jjang is a school gang leader. The strongest in the school. The person who beats the Jjang is the new Jjang. Jjangs can overtake other schools.

***Sama is even higher in respect than San. Said to people that hold higher status than regular people