I'm Going to Kill You, Darling

I'm going to kill you, darling. (six.)

Emmeline had long settled into the thoughts of her dorm-mates, and though she was not used to sharing a room with anyone, let alone three others, it was good to have louder thoughts around herself, dreams to watch beside her own recurring nightmare, however bizarre. Granted, she had created another thinner wall around her own space, but it was sharing all the same.
Today, she decided, she would keep her pale blue eyes, but have black waved hair and pale skin.
Again, she was not recognised in her lessons or at breakfast, but it was amusing to hear their thoughts as Draco passively explained.
At the end of her first week, Emmeline sat herself in the best spot and read the notices above the roaring fire.
DANCE!
TUESDAY, 7-12PM.
DRESS: NO TOO-SHORT DRESSES/MINI SKIRTS/LOW TOPS, NO HEELS ABOVE 4”, NO SHORT-SHORTS.
FOOD AND DRINK PROVIDED.
ATTENDANCE IS OBLIGATORY.
How fun. Now, from today until Tuesday all that would fill her head would be thoughts of the dance. Who was taking who, what everyone was wearing, hairstyles, shoes, spells to get rid of spots...
Ridiculous.
It was times like these, rare as they were, where she wished she could turn her ability off. The thoughts of her classmates was focused mainly on the dance, it bored her.
Draco entered behind Pansy, scowling, his thoughts violent, aimed towards the brunette, pug-faced girl now attempting to kiss him. Emmeline laughed, drawing attention to herself, and Draco walked briskly toward her, sitting on the arm of the chair.
Kiss me, and then Pansy will leave! Pretend, please? He begged silently, avoiding the furious stares of Pansy and a few other boys who were looking at her, at how close they were.
And suddenly, Draco was starting to be...good-looking.
Hot.
How could she had not noticed before? The way he smiled, his face brightening as he did, the way he spoke, his voice so low, captivating, his hair in a mess around his pale face, his steely grey eyes melting in the heat of the fire, locked onto her own, his nervous smile, the glow of which highlighting his cheekbones well... Her hand was on his neck before she knew it, her lips pressing fiercely onto his. It lasted for a minute, and Emmeline enjoyed the shock, both in the minds and mouths of their spectators.
Thanks.
And it was honest, a sincere thanks, because Pansy had just run out of the room in tears, her thoughts malicious against Emmeline, plans that she would never be able to act out, that would be so easy to thwart if she was stupid enough to try.
“No problem,” and Emmeline left, leaving Draco to deal with the foul glances and snide comments aimed his way.