Status: On--going (weekly(>

Electric-Dark

Electric-DArk Chapter 1: DArk

Dropping twenty feet, he thought, he would have broken one of his legs, but it did not, in fact the pressure, the push, from the ground hardly presented him strain at all; it were like he jumped on his own then landed.

He stood there looking around for something, anything, some kind of light that would show him where he was. I have to get to Nathan. He thought. A gleam caught his eyes, so he ran for it, literally.

Splash!

His sudden connect with water was not pleasant. In fact it burned; it burned just like when he was diving into the clouds, into the shine of baby blue light, and almost to space. He jumped out quickly.

What was that? And what is this? He thought still in the air; the jump presented more power than he had first set forth upon it. Then he landed.

Now there was no longer a reflection of light in the water. It was just reflecting blackness; no slightly lighted blue sky, no light from street signs and no light from the moon.

The moon! Where is the moon! Either he mixed up his sense of up and down in the pitch blackness or he was truly looking up to no moon, not one what so ever. It was gone! The beautiful white pearl existing only in the sky, the mark of great discovery, the light of night, the moon, is gone!
What happened?
He felt his skin become hot. Not hot like “the burn” but a soothing warmness that he longed for, for some odd reason. Then he saw the gleam reflecting off the water again.

In the reflection he saw himself. His hair ---almost bald, but maintaining a buzz cut ---lined up in the front, on the sides and on his neck; A typical black hairdo. His profound butter scotch skin seemed slightly darker; probably due to the darkness. His nose protruded in a way where he had a slight point that was a little circle; the size of a penny. A race mixed nose; mostly African American and Native American. He was handsome according to girls but once they got to know him he was a bit on the odd side. What was odd about his caramel skin was that it held a transparent baby blue that glowed so brightly it made his reflection in the water!

He was the only existing form of light there was on earth. And while registering that he was the gleam maker his skin grew an even stronger, brighter blue. What the hell I’m a monster! His thoughts came in quick and the more he panicked the hotter and more soothing his skin grew. A light electrified monster! He thought once again.

He balled his fist noticing how the change occurred; he needed to calm down. He also discerned how his fist was the only thing bright now, not to mention sparkling with random sparks of blue electricity. He smiled the rich color returning to his face; he was calm.

He raised his hand concentrating the light to emanate from his finger and, surely, it did. Anwar now was able to see where he was. Enjoyment filled him; he would be able to treat the ones that bullied him so with justice!

“For home,” he said raising the light in his finger and pointing it in front of him, the blue light and dark mixture on his face etched a devious smile on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry but my work at college is getting a little more intense that is why I was not able to submit earlier.