Touch.

Serenity.

Her fingers felt hot against him, like a soothing fire rushing over his skin as her fingers slid over it. Her touch was gentle, not hesitant, but gentle; warm, needing, feeling. She didn’t think. She only felt.

It was calming, not erotic. Reassuring in a way that told him that they need not be sexual to be pleased. The thoughtlessness of her touch made him feel sure of her; sure that he could lose himself with her and still feel the pads of her fingers against his cheek, on his lips, and trailing down his neck.

They didn’t speak to one another. No, no. That would have ruined it. His eyelids felt heavy, though they were closed. He was so unaware, so at peace. For the longest time, he’d forgotten where he was.

He was more aware, more alert, when he felt a different touch. On his neck, just above his collar bone, where her fingers once lie, was now more heat. More feeling to lose himself in. Her lips, her nose, she drug them upward, never stopping until they were on his cheek. She kissed there, only once, and then he felt her hand on his other cheek, cradling it so…lovingly. Like something precious held in the hands of someone who could cherish it properly.

He felt her hand move, though, and her thumb swept over his lower lip. She hesitated, almost unwilling to let her thumb leave the soft skin, but she did what her unconscious mind told her to do. She obeyed the urges, she fed them and caressed them and wound herself so tightly inside them because of the bliss they undoubtedly awarded her.

Her lips moved again, her chin tilting downward as she moved her lips down his cheek, kissing every other second. Then, she kissed at the corner of his lips. His breathing fell from its normal pattern, encouraging her to move off to the side, if only just a little.

And she did, leaving one last gentle peck on his full lips.

When she pulled from him, they both opened their eyes. She looked serene, still. He looked confused. She smiled at that. It took several moments for him to realize where he was and what had happened, and, when he did, he grinned an unequivocally happy grin.

“I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't even ask.
xD