This Still Belongs to You and Always Will

Chapter 42

Gerard’s P.O.V:

Frankie still hadn’t come upstairs from when I’d gone to bed. I sighed and shook my head as I replayed the memories in my head. Possibly the worst day of my teenage life. I regretted the way I lost it with Michaela. It was just as much my fault as it was hers.

The house was still, apart from the faint buzz of the TV downstairs. I wondered if Frankie had dozed off on the couch. I wouldn’t be surprised if I found him drinking coffee determinedly with movie after movie on in order to make himself as tired as possible so that he could pretend to be sick and sucker me into calling the music store and telling them he was sick.

The glow of the flickering screen illuminated the hall downstairs as I pattered downstairs to investigate. Jurassic Park was playing on the DVD player. I paused briefly to watch the stupid lawyer getting eaten. If only that could happen in real life.

Frankie was lying comfortably on the couch with Luna lying on his stomach. He stroked her head subconsciously as he watched the movie. I smiled at the sight. It looked so adorable I thought I would explode from cuteness overload.

“Jurassic Park?” I said softly “Baby, you’ll give yourself nightmares again.”

He jumped as I spoke and turned his head awkwardly to look at me. I smiled sheepishly and sat on the other sofa seeing as he and Luna were taking up one whole sofa by themselves.

“That was only ‘cause I ate cheese before we went to bed!” He insisted.

I laughed. He’d eaten a cheese and pickle samich while we were watching the movie. Next thing I knew, he was waking up and screaming about dinosaurs chasing us around the house and eating us because we refused to feed them coffee flavoured ice-cream with ketchup. And, apparently, I died trying to save our asses by compromising with chocolate ice-cream or a cup of coffee. They didn’t like it.

Luna’s head perked up at the sound of my voice. I smiled and patted the space beside me. She instantly leapt up and pattered over to me, curling up and yawning when I lifted her tiny self up beside me. Her tail wagged crazily as I scratched behind her ear.

“I’m sorry about earlier.” He insisted.

“It’s fine.”

“Y’know, I just. . . it’s not an excuse but that woman treated me like a piece of crap on her shoe. And then the whole baby thing. I think I let it get to me more than I intended.”

I nodded understandingly. He smiled shyly and I streteched my arms open. So he got up and crept over to me, picking Luna up to rest on his lap and curling up beside me. I kissed the top of him head and let him snuggle into me. All forgiven and forgotten. Perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I know. Incredibly short! Sorry!